New CDC report shows 94% of COVID-19 deaths in US had underlying medical conditions

Maestro

On 8/31/2020 at 11:55 PM, geriatrickid said:

No. you just do not understand. The patients would not have died when they did had they not been infected with the SARS Cov19  virus. 

The patients that have died from the flu also would not have died when they did if the didn't get the flu and most people wouldn't have died from being hit by a car if they hadn't been hit by a car,everybody dies because of something are we going stop everything happening by stopping people from doing anything?

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 9/1/2020 at 5:24 AM, timendres said:

There is no political agenda in sight. There is a desire for proper policy, which is clearly not being implemented because of an ongoing absurd fear of this virus. What the CDC data is clearly showing, and it is important, is precisely what @oompie69 highlighted in the post above. We need to protect the people most at risk of this virus, and that does not require the complete shutdown of society.

So how would you do that ?

Do you have any idea how many people worldwide fall into that category ?

An example, I have a heart condition, I am 60, my kids go to school, how does one protect me, shut the schools down so as to protect me ?

I am not saying shutting down economies is at all a solution, but I am saying if this is serious enough a disease to warrant a shut down of the world, then they know exactly what is going on and what the potential deaths are, remembering they have all the statistics, seasonal flu, hardly, this is a bad disease and all the conspiracy theorist are doing is creating angst.

Could it be that it a conspiracy that big phram and the elite created this as a man made virus to make trillions, could be, but it would have to be the biggest con in the world's history, and personally I have been on the 50/50 split since it started, that said, I have no option but to bend over so to speak when and if they provide a proven vaccine so as to hope I get a few more years out of life, sad, but it's the reality and all the conspiracy theories don't help because life is precious to me and I have survived thus far with getting the jab throughout my life, so one more time won't hurt and if it does protect me, good, they can make as many trillions of dollars they want because the remainder of my life is worth more than money, for without life, money is worth nothing. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

An example, I have a heart condition, I am 60, my kids go to school, how does one protect me, shut the schools down so as to protect me ?

Well, 4 M ...... it is understandable that many , such as yourself, are concerned.   Your sentence that I have quoted is your best example IMO  of why complete shutdowns and isolation is much the same as banning all motor vehicles.    Life, and decision making is supposed to be what is best for the majority.

I hope you can understand the points some make , myself included,  that the general health of so many in the world ( with so called first world countries at the top)  is horrible.  THAT fact is acknowledged by every expert !   One can google all they want but i doubt they will find doctors posting that the ever increasing obesity and static lifestyle of soooo many is in any way healthy.  It is obviously the path to illness ...... hey! are those people forced to change ?   They know the risk,  and choose to or just do not have the fortitude to change.   

If a vaccine is presented , then of course those that want to be in the front of the line by all means go ahead.   I think it should be an individual decision,  and those type of decisions sometimes take time to determine the risk and the reward.   

as for the conspiracy theories.  well, that is another LONG  case for discussion that i will leave for now .    if i need to be entertained with fantasies I can always follow the speaches written by paid professionals to be read to the eager public by our great "leaders".

39 minutes ago, rumak said:

One can google all they want but i doubt they will find doctors posting that the ever increasing obesity and static lifestyle of soooo many is in any way healthy.  It is obviously the path to illness ...... hey! are those people forced to change ?   They know the risk,  and choose to or just do not have the fortitude to change.   

I agree with you on the above, however, it would help if governments around the world took a stand and forced big companies to limit the amount of sugars they put in foods/soft drinks and ban cigarettes, we all know why most are in the situation their in, lack of education, not knowing how to read labels, putting labels up with confusing information etc etc.

If you start off by being fed cra-p, your kids will end up being cra-p, but if you don't feed them cra-p, as we don't our kids and educate them about what the difference between real food and processed food is and how bad sugar is for you, then they might not end up in the predicament we are all in today. Governments have failed their electorates because of money over good health choices and seriously need to make change for future generations.

If a vaccine is presented , then of course those that want to be in the front of the line by all means go ahead.   I think it should be an individual decision,  and those type of decisions sometimes take time to determine the risk and the reward.   

Absolutely an individual's decision, no mandatory vaccinations or penalties for those that choose not to be vaccinated, we are not soi dogs, although some governments think we are.

as for the conspiracy theories.  well, that is another LONG  case for discussion that i will leave for now .    if i need to be entertained with fantasies I can always follow the speaches written by paid professionals to be read to the eager public by our great "leaders".

Glad to see someone who understands it all starts and the top, feed them what we want them to hear, they won't know any different.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Is it any wonder that 94% of covid19 deaths had underlying medical conditions

Have you ever asked yourself how these deceased people ended up having underlying conditions or what contributed to them having underlying conditions in the first place, were the governments responsible for it, or are their underlying conditions part of growing old ?

What percentage of the worlds population have underlying conditions at them moment and would it be responsible to just open up borders and watch the onslaught unfold, to me it's a bit like knowing that the water is infested with sharks, we know it, but say, hey it's the fittest that will survive, let them swim, kids won't get taken by the sharks because they don't have enough meat on them, yes I see the blue water turning red.

On 9/1/2020 at 2:12 AM, Tounge Thaied said:

In other words... this week the CDC quietly updated the Covid number to admit that only 6% of all the 153,504 American deaths recorded actually died from Covid. That's 9,210 deaths that are confirmed to have died from Covid. Hardly an Emergency, hardly a disaster and certainly not a Pandemic. The other 94% had 2 to 3 other serious illnesses and the overwhelming majority were of very advanced age; 90% in nursing homes. See Table 2. Comorbidities...

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm?fbclid=IwAR2-muRM3tB3uBdbTrmKwH1NdaBx6PpZo2kxotNwkUXlnbZXCwSRP2OmqsI

If you die of suicide after have shot yourselves in the head, after You just got the message from Your dr, you have cancer. Outcome unknown, but a fair chance, you would die sooner or later by cancer, but it ca take months to years, before it will finely end your life.  You decide to put the gun to your head and pull the trigger. The question is, did you die because of suicide, a bullit to your brain, or did you die of cancer? 

Edited by Tagged
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, rumak said:

i like the rest of your post........... but this part i don't really agree with.   Sugar (along with processed foods) and social media is the opium of the masses.  Trying to turn this trend   sad fact around is probably past the point of probability.  The masses are addicted !  (and you can add excess consumerism to the list. )  

Almost nobody:   politician, doctor, educator , scientist,   leads what i believe to be even close to a healthy lifestyle.   Look  at them !   Look at 99.9% of the advertisements on any media platform. JUNK !

My doctor smokes.  My dentist has bad teeth .   I expect to soon see a campaign for FLM .  Fat Lives Matter  ????????    

The only one who can really affect change is ourselves.  Start with us.  Try to explain to our children.

the peer pressure they ( our children) are subjected to is very very difficult to combat.

Lunch time.  Cooked at home .  its a start  ????

The nature of survival of the fittest. Just look at school children here in Thailand, where they eat sweets and Pop drinks instead of real food, in the morning before school, at lunch and on the way home After school. This generation is lost already for the future sake of health. Older people also have more food and sweets than ever, and at 50 start seeing the resoult. Horrible 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tagged said:

The nature of survival of the fittest. Just look at school children here in Thailand, where they eat sweets and Pop drinks instead of real food, in the morning before school, at lunch and on the way home After school. This generation is lost already for the future sake of health. Older people also have more food and sweets than ever, and at 50 start seeing the resoult. Horrible 

i hear ya.    but afraid in most part any "warning" falls on deaf ears.   very deaf

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, rumak said:

The only one who can really affect change is ourselves.  Start with us.  Try to explain to our children.

the peer pressure they ( our children) are subjected to is very very difficult to combat.

110% Agree.

Wife cooks like a chef, kids eat healthy as we do, snacks are limited treats from the Lotus shelves to take to school when we are out of stock at home, i.e. the wife bakes homemade cookies, cooked with butter and a dash of sugar, some of the lads at the local tried them the other night and were doing back flips, said would buy them if I was thinking of selling them and should start a bakery, and my reply was, if we needed the money we would, but we don't need the headache, she enjoys the kitchen, the kids and I love her clean cooking and baking, so it's one big happy family with no stress, except for when all the kids come home from school, all of a sudden the volume goes from peaceful to a volcano erupting......lol

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

110% Agree.

Wife cooks like a chef, kids eat healthy as we do, snacks are limited treats from the Lotus shelves to take to school when we are out of stock at home, i.e. the wife bakes homemade cookies, cooked with butter and a dash of sugar, some of the lads at the local tried them the other night and were doing back flips, said would buy them if I was thinking of selling them and should start a bakery, and my reply was, if we needed the money we would, but we don't need the headache, she enjoys the kitchen, the kids and I love her clean cooking and baking, so it's one big happy family with no stress, except for when all the kids come home from school, all of a sudden the volume goes from peaceful to a volcano erupting......lol

I would say for at least 50% of the population if not more, it is a government problem, and need tonbe solved trough regulation by them. As alchohol and tobacco sugar need the same. People need to be protected from themselves.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

she enjoys the kitchen, the kids and I love her clean cooking and baking,

sounds a lot like mine !   ( took me a few tries  LOL ) 

we are the lucky ones .    hence i admonish the "my thai woman is fkng crazy"  posters so often:

Get the heck out !    But then again,  they are often a big part of the problem too .  Chai mai ?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, rumak said:

i like the rest of your post........... but this part i don't really agree with.   Sugar (along with processed foods) and social media is the opium of the masses.  Trying to turn this trend   sad fact around is probably past the point of probability.  The masses are addicted !  (and you can add excess consumerism to the list. )  

Almost nobody:   politician, doctor, educator , scientist,   leads what i believe to be even close to a healthy lifestyle.   Look  at them !   Look at 99.9% of the advertisements on any media platform. JUNK !

My doctor smokes.  My dentist has bad teeth .   I expect to soon see a campaign for FLM .  Fat Lives Matter  ????????    

I usually agree with your posting, but you need to make better choices in your healthcare. The healthcare professional I deal with set positive examples.

2 hours ago, checkered flag said:

I usually agree with your posting, but you need to make better choices in your healthcare. The healthcare professional I deal with set positive examples.

as they should   ????

Edited by rumak

10 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Have you ever asked yourself how these deceased people ended up having underlying conditions or what contributed to them having underlying conditions in the first place, were the governments responsible for it, or are their underlying conditions part of growing old ?

What percentage of the worlds population have underlying conditions at them moment and would it be responsible to just open up borders and watch the onslaught unfold, to me it's a bit like knowing that the water is infested with sharks, we know it, but say, hey it's the fittest that will survive, let them swim, kids won't get taken by the sharks because they don't have enough meat on them, yes I see the blue water turning red.

People get sick, get old and they die. We need to accept this.

Nobody lives for ever and you can not ruin the world because some people will die.

It would be perfectly responsible to open borders, the Maldives did just that with a small list of restricted countries and most of the people are still alive. If anyone is vulnerable they can take precautions and isolate.

We need the economies to resume normal levels.

• Like 2

On 9/1/2020 at 9:40 AM, Berkshire said:

I figured many would interpret this data incorrectly to support their positions.  But it's more like this:  Let's say you have diabetes.  Then you get in a car and die of an auto accident.  Well surely you can see that the diabetes didn't kill you, the car accident did.  That's what the CDC is saying.  COVID is basically the car accident.  But even more, the COVID can trigger/aggravate some of the medical conditions that you may already have.  The USA has something like 130 million Americans with pre-existing conditions, so chances are that some will be a COVID patient. 

The simple fact is that these people--regardless of their pre-existing condition--would still be alive if not for the COVID.

"The simple fact is that these people--regardless of their pre-existing condition--would still be alive if not for the COVID."

Surely might be alive would be more accurate.

• Like 2

On 9/1/2020 at 4:10 AM, oompie69 said:

Somebody is soon gonna tell you the above are not contagious, while conveniently forgetting that the whole lock-down mania, with all it has cost the taxpayer, was to prevent infections and the overwhelming of the healthcare system. If as much time, effort and money was spent on preventing road deaths, the figure you quote above will surely look much better. So, yes, you can sometimes compare apples with pears.   

if only it had been the tax payer at least,

they are partially responsible by voting for idiots,

but the 'quantitative easing' schemes being implemented

are taxing humans that havnt got voting rights yet.

taxation without representation should ring a bell for americans not least

Edited by scammed
  • Like 1

On 8/31/2020 at 11:55 PM, geriatrickid said:

The patients would not have died when they did had they not been infected with the SARS Cov19  virus. 

Not at that particular moment. But the comorbidities would've eventually caught up.

So how long did the lockdowns and economic destruction buy for these vulnerable people? A year, a decade? Fairly high cost if you ask me and quite a lot of it was unnecessary.

Edited by DrTuner

On 9/2/2020 at 5:46 AM, cmarshall said:

Here's Dr. Fauci's take on the current grift the CDC (!) is now running:

During an interview on “Good Morning America,” Fauci clarified the CDC’s recent report that states 6 percent (approximately 9,000) of the 183,500 COVID-19 deaths were attributed to the coronavirus alone.

The infectious disease expert pointed out that the figure simply means COVID-19 caused those 9,000 deaths without causing the pneumonia, cardiac arrest, or other complications that killed the other 94 percent of people who contracted the virus.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/fauci-squashes-trumps-distortion-of-cdcs-covid-19-death-toll-data

Fauci, the guy who stands to print money from a vaccine and was in on a lot of coronavirus patents starting way back in 1999.  Sure, no conflict of interest, move along, nothing to see here.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Nout said:

"The simple fact is that these people--regardless of their pre-existing condition--would still be alive if not for the COVID."

Surely might be alive would be more accurate.

If we follow your logic through, a person who;

-  Reaches the age of 60 is on borrowed time and should be expected to die any day.

- Develops an autoimmune disease or diabetes or cancer should  die upon the diagnosis.

The reality is that a person who is diagnosed with one of the risk factors isn't given a death sentence. You remind me of the  people who  considered an HIV infection a death sentence. These people are now dying of other  reasons.  In the same manner, a person who has an underlying disease can very well live another 10-20-30 years.  

9 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Not at that particular moment. But the comorbidities would've eventually caught up.

So how long did the lockdowns and economic destruction buy for these vulnerable people? A year, a decade? Fairly high cost if you ask me and quite a lot of it was unnecessary.

A comorbidity at its start need not be the cause of a death. It is after all  an additional condition to the primary cause of illness.

For example, we usually see high blood pressure in people with kidney disease. If the  blood pressure is  managed, it is a non issue and not a factor in a patient's demise. There is a false assumption that  people who are young and relatively healthy will  escape the ravages of Covid19. Unfortunately, that is not the  case. they may survive or escape the  acute illness, but they  may very well suffer from fatigue,  blood disorders and the dreaded Covid19 brain fog and depression.

The economic destruction was a direct  effect of the pandemic. Activities were suspended because so many people were becoming infected. For example, inhouse dining in restaurants was suspended: Your argument assumes and requires that there would have been no infections and no economic costs had the inhouse dining option remained.  Your argument requires that there be no economic cost to the 40,000 infected people diagnosed every day in the USA. The US infection numbers are finally plateauing because of more people wearing masks in public. Look at the struggle it is to convince people to do that.

What you also conveniently ignore is that the pandemic in the USA and in some countries could have been handled very differently. Had people  started wearing their masks  back in March, had social distancing been respected, much of the mess we are in now could have been avoided. But no, the loudmouths  and the bullies refused to listen or to help. No masks for them. No  social distancing for them.  They are the cause of the economic  problems. The suspension of activity   was due to the refusal of too many selfish people to help out and accept  some  small inconveniences.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, steelepulse said:

Fauci, the guy who stands to print money from a vaccine and was in on a lot of coronavirus patents starting way back in 1999.  Sure, no conflict of interest, move along, nothing to see here.

Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting lie.

1. Dr Fauci has no financial interest in a vaccine. Prove your claim.

2. You have posted the false  allegations  made by the mentally deranged Judy Mikovits  in respect to HIV research. prove your claim.

Back up your claim. You cannot because you are relying on an internet hoax as your source of information.

What other imaginary plots  do you wish to make?

9 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

If we follow your logic through, a person who;

-  Reaches the age of 60 is on borrowed time and should be expected to die any day.

- Develops an autoimmune disease or diabetes or cancer should  die upon the diagnosis.

The reality is that a person who is diagnosed with one of the risk factors isn't given a death sentence. You remind me of the  people who  considered an HIV infection a death sentence. These people are now dying of other  reasons.  In the same manner, a person who has an underlying disease can very well live another 10-20-30 years.  

A comorbidity at its start need not be the cause of a death. It is after all  an additional condition to the primary cause of illness.

For example, we usually see high blood pressure in people with kidney disease. If the  blood pressure is  managed, it is a non issue and not a factor in a patient's demise. There is a false assumption that  people who are young and relatively healthy will  escape the ravages of Covid19. Unfortunately, that is not the  case. they may survive or escape the  acute illness, but they  may very well suffer from fatigue,  blood disorders and the dreaded Covid19 brain fog and depression.

The economic destruction was a direct  effect of the pandemic. Activities were suspended because so many people were becoming infected. For example, inhouse dining in restaurants was suspended: Your argument assumes and requires that there would have been no infections and no economic costs had the inhouse dining option remained.  Your argument requires that there be no economic cost to the 40,000 infected people diagnosed every day in the USA. The US infection numbers are finally plateauing because of more people wearing masks in public. Look at the struggle it is to convince people to do that.

What you also conveniently ignore is that the pandemic in the USA and in some countries could have been handled very differently. Had people  started wearing their masks  back in March, had social distancing been respected, much of the mess we are in now could have been avoided. But no, the loudmouths  and the bullies refused to listen or to help. No masks for them. No  social distancing for them.  They are the cause of the economic  problems. The suspension of activity   was due to the refusal of too many selfish people to help out and accept  some  small inconveniences.

The only things that will help are effective treatments and an effective vaccine. Masks and social distancing can slow down the spread, but if it's in the community you'll be exposed. Hopefully, if you're healthy, it will be a mild or asymptomatic case.

The truth is that 100% of the people will die when their time comes, Covid19 or no Covid19.

Edited by checkered flag

The US infection numbers are finally plateauing because of more people wearing masks in public.

Hahahahahahaha, most stupid statement of the day so far. Two stars.

I don't really like to comment on all the nonsense you post, because 90%  is always completely wrong, but this can't go without challenge.

If that were so, you would have no trouble to post documented evidence which proves the causal link between mask wearing and reduced US infection numbers? Can you do so?

"Prove your claim" you ask. Can you prove yours?

Edited by Logosone