Trump alleges plane of 'thugs' being probed, but other officials cannot confirm it

webfact

On 9/2/2020 at 6:56 AM, PatOngo said:

Well, that's about as clear and concise as he gets! Your redneck supporters will believe you Donald, they seem to believe ALL your BS!

It sounded to me like Trump was talking about his own federal Homeland Security and Border Patrol thugs...

The president, seeking re-election on a promise to restore "law and order," told Fox News the plane was "completely loaded with thugs wearing these dark uniforms, black uniforms with gear and this and that" adding: "Here were like seven people on the plane like this person and then a lot of people were on the plane to do big damage."

You know, the kinds that have been grabbing civilians off the streets, throwing them into unmarked vehicles, refusing to identify themselves, refusing to say why or on what charges they have been detaining people... and then in the end, as best as I can follow in the news... often releasing them hours or a few days later. Those thugs...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/07/18/portland-oreland-ag-lawsuit/

Oregon attorney general sues federal agencies for allegedly violating protesters’ civil rights

PORTLAND, Ore. — The Oregon attorney general filed a lawsuit late Friday night alleging that the federal government had violated Oregonians’ civil rights by seizing and detaining them without probable cause during protests against police brutality in the past week.

The legal action comes after days of intensifying clashes between the Trump administration and Portland officials, who have accused federal agencies of heavy-handed tactics that inflame unrest and threaten citizens.

Department of Homeland Security agents have swarmed the city in recent days, arguing that they are needed to restore order after nearly two months of demonstrations. 

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Read the article, where it is written 

Yawn. Spin it whichever way you like, it's still covfefe stuff. While at it, please don't mutilate my posts to fit your responses.

:coffee1:

Edited by Morch
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

As long as the context isn't changed, its acceptable to edit posts you are replying to 

The "context" included it being illegal and that there are proper ways of "testing". Deflect away.

:coffee1:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

He was asking people to test the system out to see whether it works or not 

He is asking people to commit voter fraud and you lose whatever credibility you have defending it....that's Ok Corpus....Dear President will pardon you....vote as many times as your MAGA heart desires. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

I watched his speech during one of my infrequent tv viewings and there was nothing "criminal" in what he actually said, IMO, but keep pounding that anti Trump drum by all means.

Four more years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, CorpusChristie said:

If you claim the discussion has ended, you really should stop right there as well and not add anymore to the discussion 

I know how much you love to mod the discussion so when you stop defending dear president encouraging voter fraud (which I notice now you have no defense for since my correlation equates to all of us being invited to hack the RNC, I will quit pointing out how wrong you are and the discussion will be ended ????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tie Dye Samurai said:

I know how much you love to mod the discussion so when you stop defending dear president encouraging voter fraud (which I notice now you have no defense for since my correlation equates to all of us being invited to hack the RNC, I will quit pointing out how wrong you are and the discussion will be ended ????

Make you mind up, has the discussion ended or not ?

• Thanks 1

On 9/1/2020 at 7:33 PM, Chomper Higgot said:

I saw the interview, it was as clear an indication as I’ve seen that his head isn’t on this planet.

Armed thugs boarding flights - utter nonsense.

He’s away with the fairies.

TSA fails security checks by DHS 95% of the time.

In a series of trials, the Department of Homeland Security was able to smuggle fake explosives, weapons and other contraband past airport screeners in major cities across the country, according to ABC News. Officials briefed on the Homeland Security Inspector General’s investigation told the station that the TSA failed 67 out of 70 tests conducted by the department’s Red Teams — undercover passengers tasked with identifying weaknesses in the screening process, NJ.com reports.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/tsa-fails-95-percent-tests-homeland-security_n_7485558

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MajarTheLion said:

TSA fails security checks by DHS 95% of the time.

In a series of trials, the Department of Homeland Security was able to smuggle fake explosives, weapons and other contraband past airport screeners in major cities across the country, according to ABC News. Officials briefed on the Homeland Security Inspector General’s investigation told the station that the TSA failed 67 out of 70 tests conducted by the department’s Red Teams — undercover passengers tasked with identifying weaknesses in the screening process, NJ.com reports.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/tsa-fails-95-percent-tests-homeland-security_n_7485558

The way Trump described it, they were openly carrying gear, to the point that some passengers got afraid/ disturbed about it. He did not make any claim about thugs succeeding in secretely sneaking arms in despite controls.

• Like 1