Dangerous Thailand: Iron bar at perfect head height to kill a motorcyclist - but the police do nothing

webfact

1 minute ago, otherstuff1957 said:

Yes, a truck driver could do this in any country.....

But try doing it in the US/UK/Australia, etc... and see how far you get before the police pull you over, give you ticket AND make you fix it before going any further.

In the UK an improper load carries a penalty of 3 points, which isn't a big deal, and an unlimited fine, which probably is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fruitman said:

And if the police refuse to do their job they should get sacked asap.

I remember the very first time I came to Thailand many years ago. I was talking to a woman in Bangkok, the previous day she had been robbed. Didn't lose too much, not the end of the world, but I asked her "why didn't you call the police?". She told me "what's the point, they won't come unless I pay them, and then they'll do nothing". I was flabbergasted at the time, now I fully understand the situation. The concept of having to pay the police, of all people, to get something done was anathema to me back then, but the police doing nothing was a concept I was familiar with.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

Third world dump. This is ok but they still take your temp when you go in a supermarket even though covid left here 4 months ago!

Gotta keep up appearances to entice the Chinese tourists back!

• Like 2

Why is anyone surprised. The police are useless despite some posters on TV the other week saying they have had nothing but great things to say about them. Been the same for 20 years that i know off and I believe a lot longer than that.

It will not change until the people challenge the police to be responsible and accountable.

• Like 2