Traffic cops at my sons school are annoying

bbabythai

I have been living in Chiang Mai for nine years. Seems like there was a lot more whistle-blowing when I first came. You couldn't leave a shopping center without some pinhead running over saving the world from me backing out with a storm of whistle-blowing. Glad that fad has passed. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LawrenceN said:

I have been living in Chiang Mai for nine years. Seems like there was a lot more whistle-blowing when I first came. You couldn't leave a shopping center without some pinhead running over saving the world from me backing out with a storm of whistle-blowing. Glad that fad has passed. 

They are doing a useful,  helpful job. You should be grateful not insult them. They are poor and work in difficult conditions.

• Like 2

Our kids school is an absolute f k n mess when it comes to traffic, the mini vans back into the gutter all lined up, same on the opposite side, a single lane entering gets so congested when someone is coming out through the line of minivans on both sides that are parked, causing a stand still effect until the cars leave the school in the single lane leaving, add to that traffic works on the main road so you have to fly up a ramp to get out and swing a hard right hoping not to take the cop out or go over the new lane and onto the old lane below the new lane, I swear someone is going to get killed in that school one day, kids running everywhere, cars, vans, motorbikes and the likes everywhere, I hope to put a plan forward to the principal to make it easier and to reduce the traffic within the school, but knowing the old girl, nothing will happen, because I am a farang, naturally I could give it to the wife to give to her, but Thai's don't like change, it just scares me to think it's just a matter of time before some kid gets killed.

13 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Our kids school is an absolute f k n mess when it comes to traffic, the mini vans back into the gutter all lined up, same on the opposite side, a single lane entering gets so congested when someone is coming out through the line of minivans on both sides that are parked, causing a stand still effect until the cars leave the school in the single lane leaving, add to that traffic works on the main road so you have to fly up a ramp to get out and swing a hard right hoping not to take the cop out or go over the new lane and onto the old lane below the new lane, I swear someone is going to get killed in that school one day, kids running everywhere, cars, vans, motorbikes and the likes everywhere, I hope to put a plan forward to the principal to make it easier and to reduce the traffic within the school, but knowing the old girl, nothing will happen, because I am a farang, naturally I could give it to the wife to give to her, but Thai's don't like change, it just scares me to think it's just a matter of time before some kid gets killed.

Try not to be there as it could then be your fault

On 9/2/2020 at 10:20 PM, Puccini said:

bbabythai, presumably, you also go through a red traffic light when there is no traffic, because the car in front of you did the same. Come to think about it, it actually makes a lot of sense, doesn't it?

There’s always one with a ridiculous hyperbolae !!!....

Counter argument: If it were unsafe and a busy junction there would already be traffic lights.

It seems that in Thailand, in every car park or traffic scenario someone has applied their own idea and changed the design and placed a load of cones down in their own interpretation of what improves traffic flow - these people usually don’t even drive themselves !!!

A very similar thing happened to me yesterday. 

I picked my son up from school and wanted to turn right out of the car park and avoid the traffic in front of the school.

The right turn had been coned off. I had to turn left, then queue up behind all the u-turning traffic which was trying to U-turn into all the other cars queuing up for the pick-up drop off zone.... Total Chaos. 

I was forced to become stuck in traffic for an additional 20 mins - Not very happy !

• Like 1

Must your child be picked up from school?  Why when I was mere boy I had to walk to school in the morning and back home when school was out for the day .  Uphill both ways, in the rain, snow, and mud.  I had to dodge the older kids, especially the ones that would bully the younger ones.  They would demand money, etc.  It to pass unscathed.  Got in my fair share of fisticuffs.  It builds character.  

Are you trying to get support on this forum for what you did wrong lol. You did wrong... If a thai sees you then next week everyone wil be doing it and the cops will get a hell from the Thais, allowing farang but not a Thai .....

5 hours ago, sead said:

Are you trying to get support on this forum for what you did wrong lol. You did wrong... If a thai sees you then next week everyone wil be doing it and the cops will get a hell from the Thais, allowing farang but not a Thai .....

my windows have window tint. No one knows if Im thai or farang. No to your first question

On 9/3/2020 at 6:18 PM, 4MyEgo said:

Allow me to introduce you to the full stop.  It looks like this "." and makes things much easier to read.

• Haha 2

On 9/3/2020 at 3:54 PM, lemonwaterjoe said:

You are a guest here in this country, just follow the rules

This is an excuse that can be used in any situation and you can always justify looking the other way. 

If there is no danger, I would do the same and disobey him, but with a big friendly smile. ( Thai style )

I am under the impression that some of these guys exploit their temporary given authority and use it for payback time against society not recognizing their full potential.