Thai PM’s twin daughters file harassment and defamation complaint

snoop1130

23 minutes ago, webfact said:

PM’s daughters file defamation complaint with police

By The Nation

800_38c122d2ddb40d6.jpeg?v=1599050479

Meanwhile Prayut told reporters that his daughters were adults who had the right to protect their reputations... 

....which was tarnished so much by their fathers embarrassing actions.

• Like 2

The daughters said they would sue anyone who falsely accused them of illegal activities in other countries, of leaving the country, of studying in Australia, failing to pass university exams, living in a mansion in England, laundering money, receiving money from their father, or hiding the fact they were the daughters of the PM

Those are a lot of specific allegations, many of which would be easy to prove if false or not.

If the people involved are absolutely fabricating all those stories, you can see why the twins would be angry.

But just reading that, It looks suspiciously like the twins have added a plethora of complaints,

the sole purpose being, to not draw attention to one big accusation that is kinda like the elephant in the room.

• Like 2

From the OP:

'They said it was necessary to defend their reputations after being accused of involvement in money laundering and adopting their mother’s maiden name to apply for visas to flee the country.'

This already says a quite lot about their father, isn't it?

I, for one, wasn't aware they even existed, someone needs to tell them about the Streisand effect. Anyway, cat's out of the bag now, their chances of pushing this little raft of allegations, true or not, back under the carpet is somewhere between zero and 0.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Even though the two complainants are the daughters of the Prime Minister, he said police will treat the complaint like any other.

It is good to see that these high profile cases are handled like any other. However, if a panel is formed for each and every case submitted, I would assume that is a lot of employment if investigative panels aren't already in place...............

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Pol Maj-Gen Samroeng Suanthong, commander of Metropolitan Police’s First Division, who accepted the complaint today, said he would form a panel to investigate the case, noting that it is a matter of public interest.

Because it is of public interest, that already means it won't be handled like any other.

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Who would have guessed ......... lucky that wasn't a three fingered salute!

chan-o-cha.jpg

The one on the left looks like she has won her parachute jumping wings, and the one  on the right her stripes.Not sure what the  playboy badge warrants.

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

claiming harassment and defamation on social media.

Simply come off. The is a life outside of FB, Twitter and other avenues of social media.

he said police will treat the complaint like any other.

If that is the case it will be shoved in the drawer unless they are paying for them to investigate. I think we all know that it will not be treated the same in any way.

Asked about the case by reporters, the Prime Minister said that he had nothing to do with it, because his daughters are already adults and they have the right to protect their reputation.

I see that in most young people they are happy to put pictures of themselves, their food and interests for everyone to see. Waiting for the likes, wow you look amazing etc etc.  When someone criticises them they go crying. What it means is protect what they don't want people to comment on.

I see it as narcissistic behaviour.

• Like 2

1. Who did they file the complaint against GP?

2. Who will foot the bill as the lawyer works for the PM's office?
I don't agree people harass his daughters but I also don't agree with the Governments harassment of protesters Families and Students so som na na.
Guess that's why they choose the legal path apposed to pleading with the public because they probably don't intend to stop harassing protesters and their Families either.
It's no big deal to file a Police complaint you don't need evidence or a lawyer it's more like a deterrent you get an official looking document though.

Edited by DirtyHarry55
  • Like 1