Those with Thai GF, how are you managing the separation anxiety?

Thaidude

8 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

I got married in January, a week after the wedding I had to fly back home for work. I booked flights to go back in April and August which obviously didn't happen. All in all I've spent 6 days with my newly betrothed in the past 8 months !!

I don't see Thailands borders opening up (in any meaningful way) this year so am working on a tourist visa for her to come to visit the UK. Incidentally, I assume their are flights out of Thailand ?

Sorry to hear your situation. When applying for the British visa be sure to supply plenty of evidence that she (and you too if possible) will be going back to Thailand at the end of her stay. The British Border Force will scrutinse closely to be certain that she is not intending to move and stay in the UK. If that is the case then a settlement visa is needed (long process, higher costs, income requirement and she will need to pass the English language test).

Yes, there are plenty of flights OUT of Thailand to the UK at present. Until regular scheduled return flights resume (as opposed to repatriation flights) and Thais can return easily to Thailand without CoE and Fit To Fly then I suspect issuance of tourist visas may be affected.   

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Thaidude said:

I am one of those who is currently seperated with his Thai GF where both of us are stuck in their respective countries.

are you afraid you will start to STRAY ... you still can send money, but what if she gets lonely ...

on your return, you find "her brother" living with her, which in fact is .... not her brother...

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Most of them have moved on while the guy is still waiting to board the plane out. 

Why not the transaction is complete? It's the way it works in the rent by day world.

I think this thread is more for those of us who made a little more commitment than just handing over a few baht.

• Like 1

Just now, 473geo said:

Why not the transaction is complete? It's the way it works in the rent by day world.

I think this thread is more for those of us who made a little more commitment than just handing over a few baht.

You think you've made a commitment, they haven't.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

It's only 30bht for a divorce, hardly a commitment.

Ha Ha but it can be 3 million plus for the wedding, house, and car

Then you have to have the skills to keep life interesting, entertaining, and enjoyable..... not go and sit at the bar eyeing the girls with your mates

Is there any wonder so many fail ????

Edited by 473geo
  • Like 2

Just now, 473geo said:

Ha Ha but it can be 3 million plus for the wedding, house, and car

Then you have to have the skills to keep life interesting, entertaining, and enjoyable..... not go and sit at the bar eyeing the girls with you mates

Is there any wonder so many fail ????

I paid 30bht for my Amphur wedding, had a wedding dinner in my local 30bht restaurant, just the 2 of us.

They noticed the posh clothes we were wearing (and the corsages the Amphur office gave us) and served our rice with chicken and basil in a dimmed room with candles. About 200bht for the whole day, and it was extremely romantic. 

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

I paid 30bht for my Amphur wedding, had a wedding dinner in my local 30bht restaurant, just the 2 of us.

They noticed the posh clothes we were wearing (and the corsages the Amphur office gave us) and served our rice with chicken and basil in a dimmed room with candles. About 200bht for the whole day, and it was extremely romantic. 

Nothing wrong with cheap and romantic but you gotta follow it up

21 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Anybody who thinks and behaves on the presumption a Thai woman cannot survive without them is going to fail

Yes, I've heard that before, thais can live on fresh air alone. Tell that to the increasingly large number of homeless or the ones in food queues.

19 minutes ago, smudger1951 said:

Yes, I've heard that before, thais can live on fresh air alone. Tell that to the increasingly large number of homeless or the ones in food queues.

Always exceptions to the rule, doesn't work trying to elevate them to be the 'norm'

6 hours ago, smutcakes said:

I am not sure about other countries but i could get on a plane to the UK tomorrow from Thailand. If UK nationals are desperate to see their better halfs why not have them fly to the UK.

smutcakes, if only it were so easy my wife would  come to UK, but returning to LOS is fraught with problems not just quarratine regs.

Your not even close to the time of seperation. I know of a lady that finally came to Canada as a Nanny and hadnt sen her son or Husband for 9 years. Not 9 months 9 years Reason so she could get a better job to support them in the Phillipines. Then a worker I had in Qatar and came to me pleading not to demobilize him at the end of a job. Found out he could go home every year to visit his wife and 5 children. He hadnt done it in 5 years reason scared to lose his job.

So 5,6,7,8,9 months come back later Also think of families from WW2, Korean Vietnam that didnt see sons for 5-6 years and there was no Line, Skype, manybe a letter once a year from a POW Camp 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Been giving it some thoughts; reminds my my time before moving to Thailand, when I was having lunch hours short time in Geneva, at THB 7000 to 10000 a pop, just after going to Western Union to send her her monthly 40000. With most things Thai it is all about money. And sex.

• Haha 1