UK warns EU on Brexit: We won't blink first

webfact

1 minute ago, CorpusChristie said:

That is all the detail that was written on the ballot paper .

Leave or Remain .

Not the question I asked.

Thought the quoted poster has answered it by making clear they do not speak for all who voted leave.

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Is there a law which would prevent return of your EU illegals?

Well unless you want to invade France (or another country) you would have to find a law that allows you to “return” them. Guess why France can’t just “return” them? 

Edited by welovesundaysatspace
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

Right so you believe the UK's sovereignty was undermined by the EU. 

Even though the UK had a power of veto over any rule affecting sovereignty?

Or is it the EU rules and regulations which you object to? 

That's what I said but it is the likely future and further loss that I was most concerned with.

Vetoes have been disappearing fast especially since Blair. It wouldn't have stopped. 

I object to several EU directives and regulations.

That is all.

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

That's what I said but it is the likely future and further loss that I was most concerned with.

Vetoes have been disappearing fast especially since Blair. It wouldn't have stopped. 

That is all.

Can I ask which directives and regulations were an issue for you?

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, nauseus said:

That is all.

ppfffttt….. and just because those few things  you left ….?????

(just joking sarcastic , and explaining my line , as now  I doubt you could see that ..) ????

Edited by david555

47 minutes ago, Loiner said:

They are not free to enter UK.

I suppose not,

but they do.

And for what I read here, they are welcome with open arms by the U.K. government

( 4 stars hotels and all ).

No wonder they don't want to stay where they are.

1 minute ago, RayC said:

Even if it leads to a fractured country and an uncertain trading future?

The possibility of the UK breaking up is a far worse outcome, to me, than an uncertain trading future with the EU. But if countries like Scotland wish to pursue independence, using Brexit as a means to this end, then there's not much I can say, except that I really hope they don't do it. Independence is one thing but if you want it just to give that right back up to the EU, then it seems that you value the EU highest overall - and as you can see from my posts - I don't. 

A simple common market would have been great.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, david555 said:

ppfffttt….. and just because those few things  you left ….?????

(just joking sarcastic , and explaining my line , as now  I doubt you could see that ..) ????

Those few leetle weedy, weeny teeny bits? Yes. Them. 

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Can I ask which directives and regulations were an issue for you?

I am also interested.

It is my opinion that there are no directives and regulations by the E.U. for the man in the street.

If Nauseus would let us know the ones he has issues with, I would know that, at least, there are some.

Addendum =

I just see his reaction, so far it convince me what I always thought :

there are none.

Edited by luckyluke
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, nauseus said:

The possibility of the UK breaking up is a far worse outcome, to me, than an uncertain trading future with the EU. But if countries like Scotland wish to pursue independence, using Brexit as a means to this end, then there's not much I can say, except that I really hope they don't do it. Independence is one thing but if you want it just to give that right back up to the EU, then it seems that you value the EU highest overall - and as you can see from my posts - I don't. 

A simple common market would have been great.

Scotland is one issue but irrespective of whether s/he leaves, the fractures caused by Brexit will remain in England, Wales and NI and I don't see any signs of them being healed.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Well unless you want to invade France (or another country) you would have to find a law that allows you to “return” them. Guess why France can’t just “return” them? 

I’d have no problem with that. They are an easy invade, as we have seen. Then just dump their illegals back on the beach.

Unless you would like to add them to Angela’s?

First reaction from E.U.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/sep/07/michel-barnier-worried-by-no-10-plans-tMichel

Daniel Boffey and Jennifer Rankin in Brussels     Mon 7 Sep 2020 10.13 BST

Barnier 'worried' by No 10 plans to renege on Brexit deal
EU’s chief Brexit negotiator said full implementation of withdrawal agreement vital for avoiding a hard border

Michel Barnier said he was “worried” by the latest twists in the Brexit negotiations and would seek answers from the UK’s chief negotiator, David Frost, over claims that Downing Street is planning to negate parts of the withdrawal agreement.

The EU’s chief Brexit negotiator said full implementation of the international treaty was vital for avoiding a hard border on the island of Ireland as it was reported that the government is planning legislation to override parts of the deal struck last year.

Ahead of the start on Tuesday of the latest round of trade and security negotiations with the British government, Barnier said the Northern Ireland protocol in the withdrawal deal was a “prerequisite for peace since the end of the conflict ... and it’s the prerequisite for a united and coherent economy for the entire island, and also to respect the single market”. “Everything that has been signed must be respected,” Barnier told France Inter radio. “We demand quite simply, and calmly, and until the end, that the political commitments in the text agreed by Boris Johnson be legally translated into this treaty.

( one very important quote out further part article concerning this case )
Whether there is a new deal with the EU on trade and security or not by the end of the year, under the withdrawal agreement Northern Ireland will stay in the EU’s single market from 2021 including its rules on subsidies, known as state aid.

much... much more ….

Already international reactions as unprecedented !! , completely against international law …… final verdict those ex ministers different non E.U . country's  …… it would let future trading country's think U.K. is not to trust ,    can find all this on the live page from the guardian  

Have your pick ….

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2020/sep/07/coronaviruss-live-news-brexit-withdrawal-agreement-eustice-defends-apparent-threat-to-override-eu-withdrawal-agreement-as-just-tidying-up-loose-ends-live-news  

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

I am also interested.

It is my opinion that there are no directives and regulations by the E.U. for the man in the street.

If Nauseus would let us know the ones he has issues with, I would know that, at least, there are some.

Addendum =

I just see his reaction, so far it convince me what I always thought :

there are none.

That is all.

9 minutes ago, david555 said:

First reaction from E.U.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/sep/07/michel-barnier-worried-by-no-10-plans-tMichel

Daniel Boffey and Jennifer Rankin in Brussels     Mon 7 Sep 2020 10.13 BST

Barnier 'worried' by No 10 plans to renege on Brexit deal
EU’s chief Brexit negotiator said full implementation of withdrawal agreement vital for avoiding a hard border

Michel Barnier said he was “worried” by the latest twists in the Brexit negotiations and would seek answers from the UK’s chief negotiator, David Frost, over claims that Downing Street is planning to negate parts of the withdrawal agreement.

The EU’s chief Brexit negotiator said full implementation of the international treaty was vital for avoiding a hard border on the island of Ireland as it was reported that the government is planning legislation to override parts of the deal struck last year.

Ahead of the start on Tuesday of the latest round of trade and security negotiations with the British government, Barnier said the Northern Ireland protocol in the withdrawal deal was a “prerequisite for peace since the end of the conflict ... and it’s the prerequisite for a united and coherent economy for the entire island, and also to respect the single market”. “Everything that has been signed must be respected,” Barnier told France Inter radio. “We demand quite simply, and calmly, and until the end, that the political commitments in the text agreed by Boris Johnson be legally translated into this treaty.

( one very important quote out further part article concerning this case )
Whether there is a new deal with the EU on trade and security or not by the end of the year, under the withdrawal agreement Northern Ireland will stay in the EU’s single market from 2021 including its rules on subsidies, known as state aid.

much... much more ….

Single market now? I think they are cheating.

7 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

So you voted for Brexit based on things that have not happened yet and may never happen because the UK had a veto over such things and because of rules and regulations you do not like but cannot list?

See this is where I fail to understand why people voted for Brexit. You guys were swept up in a euphoria of British Nationalism about taking back control and all the other slogans but when pressed for detail its just not there.

Dont get me wrong. Brexit will happen. I honestly believe that we are heading for a no deal Brexit which will damage the UK massively.

Is it truly worth it? It cant be stopped now. But what did you guys actually win?  

Can't you just go and buy a drink for a friend or something?

2 minutes ago, nauseus said:

That is all.

Yes I understand, you confirm there are none.

However I don't understand why you not just say it properly.

Or than maybe again " That is all " is some kind of English Humour,  only funny and understandable by Britons.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Can't you just go and buy a drink for a friend or something?

I am honestly trying to understand the reasons and motivation behind why people voted for Brexit. I simply cannot see the logic or benefits behind it.

I do thank you for at least engaging in a conversation as to the reasons why but still after all this time and everything that is happening I cant see why people want it. 

IF we could turn back the clock with hindsight would you still vote for Brexit? 

Oh and buying drink? After Saturday it will take me half a week to face any more of that stuff. Way too much.

Edited by Rookiescot

8 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Yes I understand, you confirm there are none.

However I don't understand why you not just say it properly.

Or than maybe again " That is all " is some kind of English Humour,  only funny and understandable by Britons.

I think he is saying that he has taken more questions today than Fiona Bruce has ever taken on her program 'Question Time' and most of the questions didn't need asking anyway, but he has answered them very intelligently and extremely patiently, so well done nauseus.????

Edited by vogie