Chinese "tourist" robbed of 10 million baht by five armed men at luxury housing estate in Pattaya

webfact

17 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

how did he get past customs with 10 million baht cash ?

With a home here and living here the money is generated here too.... the question is why is 10M in a safe at home and not in the bank or declared for tax purposes.

Sneaky Chinese activities going on.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Hi Tea said:

As you well know, as a result of many threads on Thaivisa relating to falangs doing the same thing, not everyone with a tourist visa is actually a tourist.

And with 10M readies in the safe not all businessmen are straight.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:
20 hours ago, Hi Tea said:

As you well know, as a result of many threads on Thaivisa relating to falangs doing the same thing, not everyone with a tourist visa is actually a tourist.

And with 10M readies in the safe not all businessmen are straight.

And even with 10M readies in the safe not all businessmen are bent.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kinnock said:

It's not easy making money from illegal gambing - have a little sympathy.

Exactly that is all they do they have 6 houses here and that one is the smallest the one opposite me they paid 100m for it.. all they do is drive about in there Ferrari’s and lambos as for the security here it’s a bloody joke...

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Keesters said:

For once I'm glad I live in a dump infested with yapping dogs and good honest, working class Thai people. 

One of my first places in Thailand was a place like that, where I stayed with my soon to be wife. An esteemed TVF poster in his grand wisdom commented that such places are only occupied by bar girls and their families, and surely that's who I was living with. I had to educate him that even in this lower rung of society, where I'd much rather spend time than with any hi-sos, there are a great deal more professions that that.

Edited by CrunchWrapSupreme

9 hours ago, Hi Tea said:

I seem to remember not long ago a Thai politican who was robbed of a few 100 million Baht he kept in his cellar. Just normal practice in 3rd world countries i suppose.

13 hours ago, Reigntax said:
22 hours ago, Hi Tea said:

I seem to remember not long ago a Thai politican who was robbed of a few 100 million Baht he kept in his cellar. Just normal practice in 3rd world countries i suppose.

This has nothing to do with the ex-Transport Minister who was jailed for that, this is about a group of Chinese "visitors".  Similar situations occur in non-3rd world countries, a description that does not apply to Thailand.