780,000 Pirate Products Destroyed

snoop1130

780,000 Pirate Products Destroyed

ipoi.PNG

NONTHABURI, Sept 9 (TNA) – The Ministry of Commerce destroyed 785,376 pirate products and presented the activity online to international witnesses.

The destruction of pirate products happened in Chon Buri and Saraburi provinces. It was lived televised to the Ministry of Commerce in Nonthaburi and representatives of about 90 Thai and foreign organizations witnessed it via the Zoom video conferencing application.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-533606

tnalogo.jpg

-- © Copyright TNA 2020-09-09

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

it was lived televised to the Ministry of Commerce in Nonthaburi and representatives of about 90 Thai and foreign organizations witnessed it via the Zoom video conferencing application.

But no one made a recording ?  is that why the video is not included in this report ?

Their once a year PR exercise. They know and we know and the companies that make the genuine products know that, a day later, it is business as usual for the vendors. Electrical products can be dangerous and should be impounded, but as for watches and handbags and such? The companies lose nothing as no-one who buys a fake would ever buy the genuine article. And as some fakes are pretty much indistinguishable from the genuine article, shouldn't that raise questions about the profiteering by the brand name companies whose empty shops are in every hi-so mall?

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Paiman said:

A pity they did not find any fake ministers.

They know where they are,  but are unwilling to bite the hand that feeds them.  Back in 2008 when I  was still doing my tourist visa lark I went shopping for fake bags my daughter had requested.  A lane off Beach Rd that goes through to Second Rd has some bag sellers one of which took me to a shop a short distance away to pick what I wanted.  There wasn't much so I  said thanks and was about to go when he said come with me to see more bags. So we went to another shop opposite and they had a mountain of bags!  I reckon they take you to the first shop to sus you out before they show their main stock. Anyway I  bought 3 for my daughter which made her happy.  There was bags and bags, enough to half fill a 20ft container. I thought it was unreal at the time. 

As there are some good quality copies of expensive watches out there, it's fortunate that the government have within their ranks, their own 'expert' on identifying the real thing. :shock1:

• Like 1