90 day report in another province

I am on a Non-O extension based on Marriage. Our main residence is in Chonburi, where I applied for the extension, we also live 6 months of the year in Southern Thailand. I am approaching the 90 day report period and would like to avoid a 1800km round trip to Chonburi. This was not an issue before, as I would go abroad every 90 days.  From what I understand, you must now do your 90 day reports from the immigration office you applied your extension from, hence in my case, Chonburi. Is this correct? Another option, would be to fill out a TM28 (change of address)form every time I move back and forth, is this doable without being frowned upon? Someone would think, that having an online database, presenting yourself at your local Immigration office and filling a tm30 form everytime you leave your residence for more than 24 hrs, would be enough. Anyone else in the same predicament?

10 minutes ago, pluto_manibo said:

For the online option, would stating my current address in Southern Thailand as opposed to the address in Chonburi, be an issue?

You need to use your address in Chonburi where you applied for your extension. It will be sent to that office for approval.

19 minutes ago, pluto_manibo said:

For the online option, would stating my current address in Southern Thailand as opposed to the address in Chonburi, be an issue?

When doing your 90-day report on-line, you need to use the address in the province where you are registered (which is Chonburi, in your case as it is the Chonburi IO that has to approve the 90-day notification). 
But there is no problem doing it from your present location, as Chonburi is your 'official' IO address and it doesn't matter where you are staying at the moment when doing the 90-day report on-line, as that report simply confirms that Chonburi is still your official address.

3 hours ago, Matzzon said:

No problem. You can do a 90 day report in another province, as long as you also notify change of address. If you stay 6/6 month in each place that will be easy to do.

I spend 6/6 in Ubon & Chiang Rai. My extension was obtained in Ubon, I have yellow book for Ubon but only renting in Chiang Rai. Do I need some paper from the rental owner or just need to go to the office in CR and inform them my address and they will allow me to do my 90 day report in CR.  

3 minutes ago, Isan Farang said:

I spend 6/6 in Ubon & Chiang Rai. My extension was obtained in Ubon, I have yellow book for Ubon but only renting in Chiang Rai. Do I need some paper from the rental owner or just need to go to the office in CR and inform them my address and they will allow me to do my 90 day report in CR.  

Why going through the trouble of administratively relocating, when there is no need for doing so as you can do the 90-day reports on-line (and confirming that from an administrative IO point of view your Ubon official address, has not changed).

> See also post #9 for someone in similar situation as yourself.

8 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

When doing your 90-day report on-line, you need to use the address in the province where you are registered (which is Chonburi, in your case as it is the Chonburi IO that has to approve the 90-day notification). 
But there is no problem doing it from your present location, as Chonburi is your 'official' IO address and it doesn't matter where you are staying at the moment when doing the 90-day report on-line, as that report simply confirms that Chonburi is still your official address.

Would the conflicting current address in my TM30 report be an issue?

4 minutes ago, pluto_manibo said:

Would the conflicting current address in my TM30 report be an issue?

Normally that shouldn't be an issue.

Since 30 June 2020, when a TM-30 has been filed of you staying at your official residence (Chonburi) that is sufficient.

It only has to be done ONCE and as long as you stay on the same Visa/extension there is no need for additional TM-30s being filed when returning from domestic or even international travels (the latter when not entering on a new Visa).

But indeed a TM-30 filed after 30 June from your Chonburi residence has to be done to confirm that that is your official residence.

>> I PM-ed you a TM-30 guideline document outlining how to register on the IO TM-30 website and file that Chonburi TM-30.

22 minutes ago, offset said:

If living somewhere for six months should he not do a change of address every time he moves then he will be ok to do 90 day where ever he is

The IO where you applied for your 1-year extension of stay is the one where your official residence is situated, and where you need to do your Immigration related filings.  So that IO is the one that will check and approve your 90-day report.  

There is no need to administratively relocate to a different province (which requires you filing a TM-30 - or TM-27 - at that new office) just for doing your 90-day reports, as you can easily do them on-line.  Having to change your address every 6 months would be a big nuisance, and there is no need for that as Immigration basically only wants to know by you using the 90-day report that your 'official' place of residence has not changed.

1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

Why going through the trouble of administratively relocating, when there is no need for doing so as you can do the 90-day reports on-line (and confirming that from an administrative IO point of view your Ubon official address, has not changed).

Not possible to do online report as had my stamps moved to a new passport, need to leave and return to activate for online, now waiting for border to open at Mae Sai and yes I have a re-entry

4 minutes ago, Isan Farang said:

Not possible to do online report as had my stamps moved to a new passport, need to leave and return to activate for online, now waiting for border to open at Mae Sai and yes I have a re-entry

There have been reports that IO fairly recently made some changes to their 90-days website, so that you do not have to re-enter on a new passport to file a 90-day report on-line.

Just using your new passport and the 'old' TM-6 entry/departure card, could work.

Obviously you need to do the 90-day on-line report within 15-days till due date window.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

Because it would be the correct way, and not the way some people do it to get rid of the problem as quick as possible.

2 hours ago, Isan Farang said:

For it to be done the correct way, you would need to have a copy of the rental agreement, copy from the owners blue book and id. Many people do not do this as they try to say. That is not because it is not right. It´s just because they can´t ar5e themself to do the work. However, not because they usually do but, immigration might choose to do an unannounced home visit. And if your neighbours say that you haven´t been there the last 60 days, but you made a 90 day report on it 10 days ago? The chance that it happens is very small, but better to do things the right way. I have been doing the right way, and what they ask me, for around 23 years. Never a problem.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, pluto_manibo said:

I just spoke to my local IO and they told me, I can do the report online, while reporting my current address or in person and their would be no issues at all. I will update within one month. If this is true, it is contrary to all the information online. Thank you.

HI, I do not doubt that what they told you.

But I don't think you will get your on-line 90-day report approved when using an address in a different province than where you are officially registered.

The reason being that it is not an automated process, and that the local IO will have to check the data you uploaded with the file they have from you (with copy of your Passport ID-page).  That's also the reason you need to do your very first 90-day report in person at the IO of the province where your official residence for Immigration purposes is situated.

But do update this thread when it turns out that you were indeed able to do it.

Note: And if that is the case, the question arises WHERE would you then need to do your next 1-year extension of stay? 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

There have been reports that IO fairly recently made some changes to their 90-days website, so that you do not have to re-enter on a new passport to file a 90-day report on-line.

Just using your new passport and the 'old' TM-6 entry/departure card, could work.

Obviously you need to do the 90-day on-line report within 15-days till due date window.

Ok thanks for that info my 90 day report is due on 28th November, would this mean I can go and try online on the 13th November ?

11 minutes ago, Isan Farang said:

Ok thanks for that info my 90 day report is due on 28th November, would this mean I can go and try online on the 13th November ?

Yes, that's correct, you can do the 90-day report from 13 Nov up and including due date of 28 Nov.

But best to wait till just a couple of days before actual due date, because your NEXT due date will be exactly 90 days after submission/approval of your present one. 

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Because it would be the correct way, and not the way some people do it to get rid of the problem as quick as possible.

@pluto_manibo will be happy to oblige with your suggestion, as it means having to administratively relocate every 6 months just to be able to do the 90-day report at the IO of the province he is staying.  

The intent of the 90-day is to notify IO that your official residence in the province where the IO is located, has not changed.  

Imagine having 3-4 locations in Thailand, you would have to be almost continually visit the local IOs to have your official location there officially registered for the 3 months of stay and doing the 90-day report there. 

2 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

I can't speak for others, but that didn't work for me. Since I usually travel abroad almost every month, I hardly ever do 90 day reports under normal circumstances, but I did do two over the last five years on my old passport: the first one in person to get in the system, and the second one online.

Earlier this year I got a new passport, transferred my stamps, and then left Thailand and flew back in in March. Since travel is now problematic, I'm now stuck doing 90 day reports. The first one was done automatically as part of my retirement extension in June (I had switched from OA to O, so it was considered my first extension), but when I tried to do the next one online, I got the usual "go see your immigration office" message, and had to do it in person. Hopefully the online option will work for the next ones if I'm still unable to travel in the coming months.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, khunjeff said:

I can't speak for others, but that didn't work for me. Since I usually travel abroad almost every month, I hardly ever do 90 day reports under normal circumstances, but I did do two over the last five years on my old passport: the first one in person to get in the system, and the second one online.

Earlier this year I got a new passport, transferred my stamps, and then left Thailand and flew back in in March. Since travel is now problematic, I'm now stuck doing 90 day reports. The first one was done automatically as part of my retirement extension in June (I had switched from OA to O, so it was considered my first extension), but when I tried to do the next one online, I got the usual "go see your immigration office" message, and had to do it in person. Hopefully the online option will work for the next ones if I'm still unable to travel in the coming months.

Thanks for the report!

Two TVF members reported that they were able to file their 90-day report on-line with a new Passport and not having left the country (so using the TM-6 arrival/departure card they got on their old Passport).

But it will probably depend on the 90-day practice at your local IO that has to approve the on-line notification whether it will work or not.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

The IO where you applied for your 1-year extension of stay is the one where your official residence is situated, and where you need to do your Immigration related filings.  So that IO is the one that will check and approve your 90-day report.  

There is no need to administratively relocate to a different province (which requires you filing a TM-30 - or TM-27 - at that new office) just for doing your 90-day reports, as you can easily do them on-line.  Having to change your address every 6 months would be a big nuisance, and there is no need for that as Immigration basically only wants to know by you using the 90-day report that your 'official' place of residence has not changed.

"As Immigration basically only wants to know by you using the 90-day report that your 'official' place of residence has not changed."

Not correct. The 90 days report is a verification that you're actually living at the last reported address. That's the whole idea with the 90 days report. Immigration wants to know where you're staying. 

9 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

"As Immigration basically only wants to know by you using the 90-day report that your 'official' place of residence has not changed."

Not correct. The 90 days report is a verification that you're actually living at the last reported address. That's the whole idea with the 90 days report. Immigration wants to know where you're staying. 

So where am I living? I live in Bangkok, same condo 8 years.

Right now I'm on Koh Samet since mid March. Plan on staying here into November and then back to BKK.

Will return to BKK for few days mid October to do my annual extension. 

Edited by DrJack54

4 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

@pluto_manibo will be happy to oblige with your suggestion, as it means having to administratively relocate every 6 months just to be able to do the 90-day report at the IO of the province he is staying.  

The intent of the 90-day is to notify IO that your official residence in the province where the IO is located, has not changed.  

Imagine having 3-4 locations in Thailand, you would have to be almost continually visit the local IOs to have your official location there officially registered for the 3 months of stay and doing the 90-day report there. 

I guess it´s up to you how many locations you wish to have in Thailand. The more you have the harder it will be for you, right? How many addresses did you have in your home country every year. I will take a wild guess and say 1. 

1 hour ago, Rawairat said:

Online easiest, I’ve been doing it for the last few years, as long as you get it in 15-7 days prior to the actual date 

The reporting window for on-line 90-day reporting has been enlarged from 15 days till actual due date.  > See attached graph.

90-day on-line reporting window.png