what the hell is going on

opalred

around our Province there is a massive  amount of road construction going on, also burying of cables etc. I know that many areas around me have been having services cut off on a regular basis while this work has been going on.  Fortunately, I haven't suffered myself, but many have been, and are still being impacted,  maybe its that for you? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Grumpy John said:

"16years here i have never had the problem"  Your one lucky baa-sted!   Around here we have never gone a week without the water going out, or the electric going out, or the internet going out!

You have my deepest sympathy. $hit, if I had to live like that I'd be grumpy too.:thumbsup:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, opalred said:

water same on on and off all the time especially of morning when want shower 

i tell wife watch Friday morning no water as the people look after water tower get on the whisky 

Sounds like you live in a small village on a bore hole used to supply the big tank. Same as me. The person that turned the pump on to fill the big tank only did it when they needed water, heck with the rest of us.  Took responsibility for walking a 100 meters every morning to turn on the pump to fill the big tank, problem solved!  Get a bit of exercise and consume the morning coffee on the way.  

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, robblok said:

Depends a lot where you live, now i live in the heart of BKK no problem. Before i lived on the outskirts of BKK also no problems. The more you live in the provinces the worse things are. 

Normal i guess. 

I am 73 now I lived in Europe for the first years of my life and now I live

in Australia for 43 years (apart from a few years in Thailand) I have never

had shortage of water or any power cuts and if we have a power cut for

some reasons (maintenance) we get notified 2 weeks before.

Of course not in bush fires or floods. In my time in Thailand I had power cuts

every few days and I did not live in the sticks.

23 hours ago, opalred said:

elect  going on and off every day 

It's monsoon ........ happens every year.

This year I have battery backup, electricity went out for 2 hours earlier this week, didn't even notice until it came back on.

Yeah, my water goes off randomly for an hour or two every couple of weeks, CM mains water.

Internet if fairly reliable, but they only have a small backup battery in their distribution so any power cut longer than 30 minutes, and it's gone.

Edited by BritManToo

22 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Thailand is dragging itself out of the third world. Bound to be teething problems.

At the rate things are going it will be a 3rd world country for a long long time. Because they don't have the things in place for that to happen( i.e. progress) and the government is encouraging a bad mind set not conducive to progress or learning at all.

I believe I will not be coming to Thailand anymore once the border is opened and I got out. Why? Not because I hate thailand . Just that the thais do things differently they think differently- not in line with my thinking so it's no good me hanging around is it? 60 millions thais can't be wrong it's me coming into the wrong country I must admit that's my fault.

( I often heard the sino-thais are sucking thailand dry- not even leaving breadcrumbs on the floor .)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Thailand is dragging itself out of the third world. Bound to be teething problems.

Then Thailand sneezed and lost it's grip on reality and is now in free fall.We had some clouds starting to gather the day before yesterday then the power went out.We also have major road works going on in the area and saw 2 guy's in a cage in a crane which looked close to fully extended cutting limbs which were bouncing off the power lines underneath. 

• Like 1