Tourism minister: Accepts that expats have a big role to play in Thailand's domestic tourism recovery

rooster59

14 hours ago, Airalee said:

What about us lazy bums who don’t work?  I just spent 3 weeks at DusitD2.  Show me some love.

Time for a new shtick.

22 hours ago, BigStar said:

Our only issue is why the Thai gov't doesn't also love us for just being ourselves. I'm talkin' free perpetual visas & beer, for a start, like all them much better farang-lovin' countries offer! Yeah.

15 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Time for a new shtick.

About 99% of your posts try to paint anybody who complains as some lowlife alcoholic scumbag that wants everything for free.  Even when the thread started has no relevance to your comment (such as the guy who started a thread about getting grey hairs).  But if it helps you to boost your “big star” ego...well....that says more about you and the “k”lassy kind of person that you are.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Klassy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Is this the first time we have heard something like this said? Is this an actual acknowledgment that we are of value?

I do believe so...albeit begrudgingly said.

24 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Is he saying we are not terrible pests?

Definitely not.  We are still pests...just pests with outside money.

“Outside money is money that is not a liability for anyone "inside" the economy.“

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outside_money

28 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

That we are not corrupting society?

Western foreigners will always be seen as the corrupters of sheeple everywhere.

30 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Is he somehow, obtusely admitting that the many billions of baht we bring in, is of value?

He will need to break out a calculator to answer that one.

31 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

How about an apology for the racist ranting and deplorable xenophobia?

Never!  Now mind your place you round eye devil!

32 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

How about if he sends a message to the toxic folks at immigration? 

One can only hope.  Service with a smile?  Don’t count on it.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Thailand's minister for tourism and sports said that expats living and working in Thailand were an important target to help with stimulating the domestic tourism market, post Covid-19.

Only been 5 months in coming... now were important because Thais are not "Big spenders" !!

Another delusional speech by a government hack! After treating expats like doggy do they now want us to hand over money. Fuggedit Somchai. I ain't spending a satang beyond what is essential for survival, no matter how much you try to kiss my asp!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, steven100 said:

so ....  he does love us after all   !!

We farangs are not "ai" ( dirty, filthy) anymore ?

I prefer to spend my holiday money in a country I myself is also welcome and not only my wallet.

Sorry, TOO little and TOO LATE

Edited by puipuitom
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Tourism minister: Accepts that expats have a big role to play in Thailand's domestic tourism recovery

Is that right. maybe he can get  together with the chief of Immigration and find a way to make things a Little Easier for the  Expats and Long term Stayers in thailand.

2 hours ago, puipuitom said:

I prefer to spend my holiday money in a country I myself is also welcome and not only my wallet.

So which country do you live in now? It's obviously not Thailand so where do you live?

Edited by darrendsd

8 hours ago, rtco said:

Isn't Golf a VW motor?

VW,  Perfection in Engineering standards .

What ever happened to British engineering . 

Lazy Leyland , comes to mind .

The rest is just History . Rip. 

Edited by elliss

3 hours ago, puipuitom said:

well .... send your message to the tourism minister .... your outside so no problem.

but everyone whinges on here ....   day in day out ..... so who are they whinging to  ???   the next TV member drunken bar beer addict ....   ????   I just laugh every day at the whingers.   lol

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Airalee said:

About 99% of your posts try to paint anybody who complains as some lowlife alcoholic scumbag that wants everything for free.

Just imagine someone who spent his whole time in Thailand between Pattaya beach road and third road, with rose-coloured spectacles on his nose.................or look at Jsixpack's post history

• Like 1

3 hours ago, digger70 said:

a Golf is a VW Car . A (Motor) is a Engine

Volkswagen, shortened to VW, is a German automaker founded in 1937 by the German Labour Front.' 

A bit off topic some pictures, thanks to Wikipedia.

image.png.c6936c8c696665bdc30e8f2fdec14084.png image.png.71e327ee4925e775a13f49cd983e9866.png 

image.png.b3d47266a1c9a525b14429aedd4e7f12.pngimage.png.b7f9d04e4a99cf6ad16b7e0804449605.png 

And this is Golf I  -  long time ago

image.png.f54edb5d9c725ab96d6e6aa15d84b955.png 

image.png.fa4b94e407be5025995fe7b98410aedb.png image.png.0803a8bc6803debf44161a35e6aa87ee.png 

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

well .... send your message to the tourism minister .... your outside so no problem.

but everyone whinges on here ....   day in day out ..... so who are they whinging to  ???   the next TV member drunken bar beer addict ....   ????   I just laugh every day at the whingers.   lol

Next time you take a break from laughing you could study the difference between your and you're. 

And explain how "everyone" whinges and is a drunken bar beer addict. Except you of course. 

Edited by rott

21 hours ago, Yom said:

Volkswagen, shortened to VW, is a German automaker founded in 1937 by the German Labour Front.' 

A bit off topic some pictures, thanks to Wikipedia.

image.png.c6936c8c696665bdc30e8f2fdec14084.png image.png.71e327ee4925e775a13f49cd983e9866.png 

image.png.b3d47266a1c9a525b14429aedd4e7f12.pngimage.png.b7f9d04e4a99cf6ad16b7e0804449605.png 

And this is Golf I  -  long time ago

image.png.f54edb5d9c725ab96d6e6aa15d84b955.png 

image.png.fa4b94e407be5025995fe7b98410aedb.png image.png.0803a8bc6803debf44161a35e6aa87ee.png 

I know that, I used to live next Door in the Netherlands when I was a young  Lad. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2020 at 12:58 PM, Airalee said:

About 99% of your posts try to paint anybody who complains as some lowlife alcoholic scumbag that wants everything for free.  Even when the thread started has no relevance to your comment (such as the guy who started a thread about getting grey hairs).  But if it helps you to boost your “big star” ego...well....that says more about you and the “k”lassy kind of person that you are.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Klassy

And 99% of your posts, as the one I referenced, involve some kind of whinge, assertion of farang being unloved (which I correctly identified as your shtick in the grey hairs post), finger pointing, and claim for the righting of some imagined "injustice." Which, we now learn, is what you regard as "classy." Yeah, time to man up and find a new shtick, as noted.

Poking fun at our whingers and pompous know-it-alls is great source of amusement, true.????

Edited by BigStar