Deflation coming!

Don Chance

A post containing unattributed content that was copy and pasted from some site without a supporting link has been removed:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

2 hours ago, jastheace said:

judging the bottom is key. now? next month? next year?

there will be signs, imo, atm,it's still a ramp, and going down. wait 'til next month, reassess, rinse repeat.

One advisor told me we’re at the bottom in January and to be wary of gold and silver. ????  

He’s one less account to mismanage. 

Goldilocks and silver to the rescue for me, mainly silver ????

2020s finances achieved in less than 6 months. ????

Crypto currencies only for fun but caught the dip I hope. 

On 9/13/2020 at 6:16 AM, HeijoshinCool said:

Global? Hardly.

Rural land here in the States has skyrocketed. Housing in Vermont and New Hampshire have, too, with people leaving NY and NJ.  Florida is a seller's market. People want out of the cities. But, then, civil unrest is the driving force there. Which will only worsen in November.

Before returning to Thailand, I'm building a "home base" house in rural Florida . When I started 4 months ago, a 2x4x8 was $2.14. Yesterday, they were $5.43. Other building materials have similar increases. 

Maybe I'll make up for it by being able to build a cheaper home in LOS, upon my return.

Bottom line, only thing that is stable nowadays is where you keep your horse.

Covid led to ' home office ' for many employees . Home office work can be done erverywhere , people do not necessarily be present in the company they work for . Now many can work from the countryside , where living is more cheap and of better quality .

Now is a good time to invest in country properties that are still cheap compared to what you would have to pay for in a big city .

Edited by nobodysfriend
  • Like 1

we bought a new condo and fully furnished about 2-3 months ago. The price of the condo went down about 1-3% but the furnishing went down by 40-60% because there were still no shopping centers open. :wai:

Example: 55" tv down from 15,000 to 8,000 installed. 2 recliners for 7,000 each instead of 12,000.

46 minutes ago, xxeo said:

Hotel discounts in many hotels in Pattaya.

Foot massage in Pattaya Klang for -- 80 Baht!

Even bangkok i have noticed hotels have dropped by alot ! Phuket food prices, hotels have hit the floor. A friends condo rent has halved. 

Car prices are much much lower precovid for used same with bikes.

Let me get this straight.... After all we have some high end financial analysts on Thai Visa here like OP. 

You expect deflation while your fat pensions remain the same? If you ever see deflation it will cost you a lot more than a 40% discount at your favorite 3 1/2 star hotel. 

BTW, somewhat unrelated, but I stopped at one condo project in Samut Prakan yesterday. They want 3.7 million for a 32sqm room. 

Their same project at thonglor in a fancier building is selling for under 3 million right now. 

LOL

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

Covid led to ' home office ' for many employees . Home office work can be done erverywhere , people do not necessarily be present in the company they work for . Now many can work from the countryside , where living is more cheap and of better quality .

Now is a good time to invest in country properties that are still cheap compared to what you would have to pay for in a big city .

Nice wet dream. 

You expect people to move to a country side and work from home until the rest of their lives?

That is until companies have enough and hire Indians and Filipinos who can also work from home for 1/10th of the salary as numerous call centers have shown this over the past several decades. 

Then you will see real deflation. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Nice wet dream. 

You expect people to move to a country side and work from home until the rest of their lives?

That is until companies have enough and hire Indians and Filipinos who can also work from home for 1/10th of the salary as numerous call centers have shown this over the past several decades. 

Then you will see real deflation. 

Home office is the future for many ' bureau jobs ' .

You do not believe it ?

Wait and see ...

City life = pollution , stress , not a good place to raise kids ...

Countryside = healthier living , less pollution , less stress , better place for kids ...

' Digital nomads ' ever listened this ?

Edited by nobodysfriend

32 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

Home office is the future for many ' bureau jobs ' .

You do not believe it ?

Wait and see ...

City life = pollution , stress , not a good place to raise kids ...

Countryside = healthier living , less pollution , less stress , better place for kids ...

' Digital nomads ' ever listened this ?

Yes.... Digital nomads. Only best of the best command a premium. The rest are making pennies living (or rather when they lived) in Thailand. 

Again, please answer if you work from home why a company wouldn't hire someone from overseas with the super duper bonus benefit of not having to pay for their pension and Healthcare benefits. 

This work from home is only temporary. I know that in Toronto, Canada some idiots moved out of downtown thinking their work from home gig was going to last forewer until they were called back to the office. Now they face a 3 hour commute each way because they can't afford their shoebox condo that they sold because prices recovered and then jumped some more.