Options quickly running out on extension.

So today I was informed that because my visa from vietnam has a note saying married to a thai I cannot use it now to get a extension to support my children.

Money in bank 400K but I have no time for it to mature for marriage extension so went for the Child support extension which I have now been told they will not accept the extension request because of that.

I have had my 2 months extension and am now on Amnesty 

So is it an option to get 2 30 day extensions to allow the money to mature if so what are the steps i need a letter from British embassy does that mean I have to fly to bangkok and what are the requirmeents to get the letter.

Very stressful all this as going back to the UK will render me homeless as I have not lived there in 25 years and normally I would of just got my visas as I have done for 15 years without an issue.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

22 minutes ago, Nadia6 said:

Money in bank 400K but I have no time for it to mature for marriage extension so went for the Child support extension which I have now been told they will not accept the extension request because of that.

How much additional time do you need for the deposit to mature?

27 minutes ago, Nadia6 said:

So is it an option to get 2 30 day extensions to allow the money to mature if so what are the steps i need a letter from British embassy does that mean I have to fly to bangkok and what are the requirmeents to get the letter.

Just wait, in a week they will announce another amnesty extension.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

A pretty irrelevant comment which concentrates on pathetic semantics and ignore the whole point of the thread. 

-------

On topic:

The Op lives in Thailand, has done so for many years, has a child here and wants to stay here. 

OP: Are your children in School here? 

400k baht needs to be seasons for 2 months (if I’m not mistaken) - from which date did you have > 400,000 baht in your account? - i.e. on which date will it be seasoned?

It may be possible to plead your case with the British Embassy to give you a letter, based on the fact that you are ’seasoning your 400k baht before applying for an extensions of stay based on either being married / and or being a parent to a Thai national and that you cannot go to the UK as it would disrupt your children who are in school.

It definitely seems as though you have reasonable cause to request an extension. 

----------

This whole process nearly caught me out. 

When I re-entered Thailand 2 months ago (Repatriation flight and CoE + ASQ process etc) at the nth hour I found out I could not re-enter Thailand with my Thai Elite Visa. I had to quickly apply for a Non-Imm Type O (single Entry) visa based on marriage to a Thai - which gives me 90 days entry. 

I just checked to see if I can simply switch over to my Thai Elite visa from within the country (without having to leave), apparently I can’t. The only thing I can do is to apply for extension of stay based on marriage, fortunately I have 400,000 baht in my account for many months, but that was lucky, because sometimes I don’t, in which case I would not have had money seasoned and I would not have been apply to apply for extensions due to not meeting this requirement, while at the same time holding a valid Thai Elite Visa I am unable to use !!!! - its all rather nuts.

Yes they are in School 

I need 7 weeks for money to mature 

Do I have to fly to Bangkok to get the letter 

• Like 1

I just got a call from my local Imm office to come in tomorrow to get my 30 day extension stamp to allow my 400,000 to mature after getting an Oz embassy letter which was initially refused it was granted the second time after I explained my extenuating circumstances which are similar to yours except I was only 10 days short on my money maturing.I would suggest you make an impassioned plea to the UK embassy with as much supporting documentation including photos of all relevant visa stamps a long explanation of your situation and how much stress you and your family would suffer if forced separate and to return to the UK I'm sure they would not fail to assist you with a letter to help to get enough time for your money to mature and get a one year extension based on marriage.Breaking up families is not a good look for any government who have signed treaties to prevent this from happening.

Good luck.

• Like 2

I have not lived in the UK for nigh on 30 years therefore I have no home in the UK my home my family my house my car my life is in Thailand.

Anyway that is not the subject of my post the fact remains I have lived in Thailand 15 year legally always with a visa and it is only because of this crazy covid situation that has caused issues.

Thanks for the comment though 

That you are in a bad situation, stands totally clear. There are still option with all from agent to the possibility to get an embassy letter. However, I stand totally baffled, that a person like you have been staying so long in Thailand and not have a yearly extension yet???? It also baffles me why you have been waiting and waiting, and not think about doing anything about your situation before it bites you in your ar5e. 

I have family in Thailand too, but I always see to that all is done in good time. That makes me can  enjoy my life instead of messing it up and feel the pressure.

I wish you good luck, though.

Yes they are in School 

I need 7 weeks for money to mature 

Do I have to fly to Bangkok to get the letter 

Phone the British Embassy in Bangkok, talk to them - they will advise you with the best course of action.

My guess is they will need to see documentation, so you will need to make an appointment. 

Bring your Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificates of your Children, School Registration documentation. Bring Bank Statements of the money being seasoned. 

Be prepared to explain how you managed to drop yourself in it like this.

EDIT: 

Just saw the reply by 2530Ubon - try that first, e-mail the Embassy with the details. 

That may work. Also follow up with a call. 

Edited by richard_smith237

I wish we could get a definitive answer one way or another.  Because immigration was saying the same things in July.  And then it was extended.  We'll know soon enough.

If the cabinet is definitely not thinking of an extension, I wish they'd say so.  Then we would know for sure.  But we still have hope.  Because things tend to happen last minute.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JacksSmirkingRevenge said:

I wish we could get a definitive answer one way or another.  Because immigration was saying the same things in July.  And then it was extended.  We'll know soon enough.

If the cabinet is definitely not thinking of an extension, I wish they'd say so.  Then we would know for sure.  But we still have hope.  Because things tend to happen last minute.  

How much more definitive could the government announcements possibly get ?????

The announcements are clear. Amnesty ends on 26th September. Further announcements advice that there will be no extensions and that all tourists should have their affairs in order before 26th September. 

Some posters are muddying the waters by making unqualified statements that there may be another extension to the amnesty because this has happened before. Maybe they are correct, but if someone’s status in country hangs in the balance, believing such statements comes with risk. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

How much more definitive could the government announcements possibly get ?????

The announcements are clear. Amnesty ends on 26th September. Further announcements advice that there will be no extensions and that all tourists should have their affairs in order before 26th September. 

Some posters are muddying the waters by making unqualified statements that there may be another extension to the amnesty because this has happened before. Maybe they are correct, but if someone’s status in country hangs in the balance, believing such statements comes with risk. 

I expect that there will only be another Visa amnesty if theres a spike in Covid cases and Thailand goes into lock down again , thats the only way I can see there being an amnesty extension

3 hours ago, Nadia6 said:

The real reason why they don't want to accept your application is because you didn't use an agent.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Just curious... 

The 400k baht requirement for an extension of stay. Is that for extensions based on Parent of a Thai Child? or, just spouse of a Thai national?

Both.  But if married, they want 2 mo seasoning, and if based on a child, no seasoning. 

Yet, in some offices, even if you have a child, but are married to a Thai, they insist on the seasoning - so best for immigration-purposes to not get married.  Some just cannot let that brown envelope slip through their fingers, no matter how asinine the reasoning gets, or who (Thais, primarily) gets hurt.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nadia6 said:

Very stressful all this as going back to the UK will render me homeless as I have not lived there in 25 years and normally I would of just got my visas as I have done for 15 years without an issue

Homeless ? With 400k in a Thai bank ? I'm having to stay in a UK B and B and that 400,000 is about £10 grand, or about 2 years in this B and B !

13 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

Both.  But if married, they want 2 mo seasoning, and if based on a child, no seasoning. 

Yet, in some offices, even if you have a child, but are married to a Thai, they insist on the seasoning - so best for immigration-purposes to not get married.  Some just cannot let that brown envelope slip through their fingers, no matter how asinine the reasoning gets, or who (Thais, primarily) gets hurt.

Thanks... 

So I assume as the Op was going to try and gain his extension based on the ‘parent’ route he rightly thought he didn’t need the money seasoned until Immigration told him he needs to season the money because he is also married. 

Quite harsh IMO. Hopefully his Embassy recognises the degree of fv<kwittery and provides him with a letter so he can obtain an extension. 

• Like 1