Returning to Thailand from the UK, advice needed

TheAceFace

Hi Guy's

I am in the midst of trying to return to Thailand to see my family, its been way to long now. I am having issues in gathering the correct information from the embassy in London. For those in the know can you please assist on the below ( Sorry if this has been discussed numerous times, really would appreciate any info ).

I have asked the embassy via their home page on the below but have had zero response, can somebody advise?

* I am married to a Thai and we have 2 children, what documents do I need to provide to apply for my return and where do I send them?

* My Non O visa expired in July and as I was out of the country I could not extend it, can I apply for a new non O in the UK, has anyone succeeded in this?

* Information on repatriation flight options, I am looking to return in late November or early December.

* List of quarantine hotels.

* Insurance providers.

Can somebody please help???

Cheers

Ace

I too am trying to get all the info together to get back to thailand to see my thai wife.

when i contacted the thai embassy they told me the visa can be applied for at the same time as the certificate of entry.My visa expired too while in the uk.
A lot of the information you require is on this site...however its spread over many posts .A pinned idiots guide would really help as the embassy website doesnt answer all the questions .

5 hours ago, jimn said:

Join this facebook group and ask your question or look via the search feature.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/272003337395576/?ref=share

Cant stand facebook (their politics lack of privacy) but this group sounds interesting are there no alternative

groups sharing experiences in non face book chat groups.

• Like 2

I am in a similar situation but I am coming from the U.S. Does anyone know if I need to send my application for a non o married to a thai via e mail or USPS. There are no instructions on the application. Also do I need to send all my documents I.E copy of passport,  Marriage certificate,  and passport photos via email along with the application as one pkg ????. There web site does not contain clear explanations. If anyone has a better website address than thaiembdc.org please pass it along Thank You

20 hours ago, supersomchai said:

when i contacted the thai embassy they told me the visa can be applied for at the same time as the certificate of entry.

Yes I've seen that as well, but how exactly I wonder ? Do you not do it using the normal online VISA system, just the VISa and COE etc together by email ? Yes there is a lot of information on the website, but also a lot that isn't there.

I too am not on facebook, and loathe to sign up, but if needs must to read those discussion groups then it may have to be done.

Edited by Tuvoc

21 hours ago, Know not me said:

I am in a similar situation but I am coming from the U.S. Does anyone know if I need to send my application for a non o married to a thai via e mail or USPS. There are no instructions on the application. Also do I need to send all my documents I.E copy of passport,  Marriage certificate,  and passport photos via email along with the application as one pkg ????. There web site does not contain clear explanations. If anyone has a better website address than thaiembdc.org please pass it along Thank You

Get on the phone, ring the Thai embassy, you need to book through them, you need to supply them with requested documents, they will supply you with the list. 

There is no other way, same as most countries, same for NZ and Australia. 

Admittedly I'm in Saudi so it's not a very busy embassy. Probably one of the emptiest in the world in fact. ????

But only the other day I rang them, and sent off a couple of emails. The Charge d'Affaires himself no less, got back to me within the hour. 

The process was to email him with my marriage certificate etc, and they would then make an appointment for me to pick up the visa in person. 

After that, all correspondence would be done by email. I send them a copy of the flight booking. There is a daily flight from Dubai. Also the ASQ booking done direct with the hotel, and PCR test result. After that they issue the COE which is sent by email. 

Although, I can't travel anyway now at least I understand the process. Looks like my wife and kids will visit me here in Saudi in March now I think. 

On 9/18/2020 at 9:02 PM, supersomchai said:

Cant stand facebook (their politics lack of privacy) but this group sounds interesting are there no alternative

Believe me you will benefit in this instance from joining the group, its a good way to close some loops and benefit from others experiences. I returned on the 1st September and found the shared experiences beneficial. Ask a question and get good advice immediately or within a couple of hours. One of the few helpful groups that I have joined and no typical BS smart ass answers, or very few.

OP, the process sounds daunting but its pretty simple.

The way I did it was:

1. Collect digital copies of the documents listed on the RTE website that are required for the Certificate of Entry.

2. Register on the Thai Government website for your E-Visa and then check which digital documents you need for the visa application. Collect those and make sure that the size of each document doesn't exceed the upload megabite size limitation set on the E-Visa.

3. Book a flight back, either by registering on a repatriation flight or via Dubai and Emirates, who have been given permission to fly into Thailand until  I believe it is 24th October. Don't book another airline that doesn't have permission to fly passengers into Thailand.

4. Once your flight details are booked then select and book an ASQ approved hotel. There are ASQ web pages that list all available ASQ Hotels with pricing and contact details.

5. Organise your health insurance, which includes Covid Insurance.

6. Now you can send the RTE your request for Certificate of Entry. The embassy will request flight details, marriage certificate ( or evidence that you meet the entry requirements if it isn't based on marriage), ASQ confirmed and paid booking, insurance letter confirming payment and coverage to include Covide.

7. Complete your E-VISA if you haven't already done that

8. Submit passport to RTE for stamping of visa, along with the E-Visa confirmation page, which has a barcode for processing.

9. 72 hours before flight do Covid Swab and get F2F, there are many places to do this and its well covered on the Facebook group.

10. Print off those documents needed for validation at the airport (RTE email details these documents when they send you your COE.

Sounds complex, but isn't too bad.

Regards and PM me if you need further help.

On 9/18/2020 at 2:56 AM, Griff4114 said:

London embassy are extremely knowledgeable and helpful

This is a joke - you just forgot the smiley right?

The RTE London are the worst Embassy I have ever had the misfortune to have to deal with. Their staff are rude and they send out non-sensical replies to e-mails that have nothing to do with the questions asked.

I gave up on trying to visit my wife in Thailand but here are just 2 examples of how they behave:

A few months ago when it was announced that those married to Thai's could travel I contacted the RTE London by email to get information on how to go about the process.  I was sent an e-mail that stated I had to book a flight and an ASQ hotel in order to begin the process.  I replied several times asking what dates I should make those bookings for.  I sent those replies in both English and Thai so as to avoid any misunderstanding through language. Each time I received the same reply - telling me to book a flight and hotel.  I then called them and eventually got through - I asked them how the hell I could book a flight and a hotel without a date - I was told the same on the phone and then they hung up. That was not the end of the matter - the conversation went on and on and so did the craziness.

As I say, I gave up on applying for COE - deciding it was easier for my wife to visit me here - she's here at the moment and the craziness continues. My wife had to register with the RTE in order to return home.  After filling in a lengthy online application she received a confirmation e-mail and was instructed to create a password in order to login to her application.  There was no criteria given for the password format and each time she entered and confirmed her chosen code she was greeted with a message stating 'This password reset token is invalid' - no idea what that meant.  She tried several times and received the same message.  On her behalf I e-mailed the RTE sending them a screenshot of the error message and asked for advice.  The reply said nothing of the problem - it was simply a list of requirements for both Thai's and foreigners wishing to travel to Thailand!

I wrote again saying they had not replied to my question and several days later I received a reply stating 'sorry, we cannot help with technical advice'.......great!!!  After around 20 attempts we learned (through trial and error) that the password had to be of a certain format - although that is not stated anywhere.  My wife also found a Facebook page where many others were having the same problems.

What I have learned over the last few months is that when repat flights are full, instead of simply saying so and putting you in a queue for the next - the RTE just send out crazy e-mails that have nothing to do with your enquiry.  I've heard from just a couple of others that they had an easy time and were able to book immediately - which is what seems to happen when new flights are announced.

So, either you were one of the lucky ones that applied at the right time or you did forget the smiley face.

Edited by KhaoYai

On 9/18/2020 at 9:02 PM, supersomchai said:

I know what you mean regarding FB but..as needs must be!

6 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

This is a joke - you just forgot the smiley right?

The RTE London are the worst Embassy I have ever had the misfortune to have to deal with. Their staff are rude and they send out non-sensical replies to e-mails that have nothing to do with the questions asked.

I gave up on trying to visit my wife in Thailand but here are just 2 examples of how they behave:

A few months ago when it was announced that those married to Thai's could travel I contacted the RTE London by email to get information on how to go about the process.  I was sent an e-mail that stated I had to book a flight and an ASQ hotel in order to begin the process.  I replied several times asking what dates I should make those bookings for.  I sent those replies in both English and Thai so as to avoid any misunderstanding through language. Each time I received the same reply - telling me to book a flight and hotel.  I then called them and eventually got through - I asked them how the hell I could book a flight and a hotel without a date - I was told the same on the phone and then they hung up. That was not the end of the matter - the conversation went on and on and so did the craziness.

As I say, I gave up on applying for COE - deciding it was easier for my wife to visit me here - she's here at the moment and the craziness continues. My wife had to register with the RTE in order to return home.  After filling in a lengthy online application she received a confirmation e-mail and was instructed to create a password in order to login to her application.  There was no criteria given for the password format and each time she entered and confirmed her chosen code she was greeted with a message stating 'This password reset token is invalid' - no idea what that meant.  She tried several times and received the same message.  On her behalf I e-mailed the RTE sending them a screenshot of the error message and asked for advice.  The reply said nothing of the problem - it was simply a list of requirements for both Thai's and foreigners wishing to travel to Thailand!

I wrote again saying they had not replied to my question and several days later I received a reply stating 'sorry, we cannot help with technical advice'.......great!!!  After around 20 attempts we learned (through trial and error) that the password had to be of a certain format - although that is not stated anywhere.  My wife also found a Facebook page where many others were having the same problems.

What I have learned over the last few months is that when repat flights are full, instead of simply saying so and putting you in a queue for the next - the RTE just send out crazy e-mails that have nothing to do with your enquiry.  I've heard from just a couple of others that they had an easy time and were able to book immediately - which is what seems to happen when new flights are announced.

So, either you were one of the lucky ones that applied at the right time or you did forget the smiley face.

I guess the password had to be Alpha numeric, small and large letters, numbers with  symbol too?

On 9/22/2020 at 10:26 AM, Nout said:

I guess the password had to be Alpha numeric, small and large letters, numbers with  symbol too?

No idea what she eventually got to work - I got bored with it. Glad I won't be trying to get a COE myself - the way the RTE behaves is enough to try anyone's patience.

On 9/23/2020 at 11:08 AM, KhaoYai said:

No idea what she eventually got to work - I got bored with it. Glad I won't be trying to get a COE myself - the way the RTE behaves is enough to try anyone's patience.

I'm stuck in the same situation with an invalid password token. I thought it was because the email said the link would expire in an hour, and I must have been too late. 

Please, would you be able to ask her about the password format and share with us? It could be of tremendous help.  

EDIT: Silly me. I went to https://thaiembassy.sociallab.co.th/ -> Login -> Forget Password, and managed to get into the system (no special characters needed). There I am met with the following message, for anyone's reference (I'm a Thai citizen): 

Our sincere apologies. All repatriation flights are fully booked. You can use the same ‘Username’ and ‘Password’ to register for available flights next month.

Edited by mnop

7 hours ago, mnop said:

I'm stuck in the same situation with an invalid password token. I thought it was because the email said the link would expire in an hour, and I must have been too late. 

Please, would you be able to ask her about the password format and share with us? It could be of tremendous help.  

EDIT: Silly me. I went to https://thaiembassy.sociallab.co.th/ -> Login -> Forget Password, and managed to get into the system (no special characters needed). There I am met with the following message, for anyone's reference (I'm a Thai citizen): 

Our sincere apologies. All repatriation flights are fully booked. You can use the same ‘Username’ and ‘Password’ to register for available flights next month.

I don't think it was 'silly' you - my wife says a lot of people had the same problem with the password.

Yes, you can try to get on to next month's list when it opens but its done on a first come, first served basis - my wife will be trying too.  Apparently the RTE doesn't understand what a 'queue' is.

11 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

I don't think it was 'silly' you - my wife says a lot of people had the same problem with the password.

Yes, you can try to get on to next month's list when it opens but its done on a first come, first served basis - my wife will be trying too.  Apparently the RTE doesn't understand what a 'queue' is.

Book with Emirates, much easier.

Book flight

Book ASQ hotel

Send booking confirmation to RTE for CoE.

CV test 72 hours prior to flight.

Job done.

I know 2 people, 1 flying October and 1 flying November already with CoE's in place - easy.

Just now, treetops said:

Emirates were only granted permission for these flights until 24th October.  It may be continued, but then again, it may not.

Yeah, i'd mentioned this to the one friend who flies November but ticket / hotel and CoE all in place, as you say tho this may change....

I'd suspect tho if they're having success it may well continue...

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I'd suspect tho if they're having success it may well continue...

I hope so, but the KLM flights that were recently doing the same all stopped taking bookings to Bangkok a week or two ago as if they'd reached the end of their permission, or maybe a numerical quota or something.