Covid19 Injection will you or wont you?

ChipButty

1 minute ago, baansgr said:

If it's tried and tested..no different to some countries requiring yellow fever or Japanese Elefantitis inoculations. If ya want to travel, ya gonna have to have it

That Yellow fever knocked me out

44 minutes ago, pixelaoffy said:

Those vaccines have been tried and tested ! 'stupidity' would be taking something that 'might be effective ' a year after first discovering a virus ! And why be vaccinated in a country with low infections

Biotechnology being what it is, what used to take months or even years now takes a lot less time. I have a suite of blood tests every year, get the results back in a day or so. Used to take weeks.

The whole point of having vaccinations in a country with low infections is to ensure most of the population can't be infected by an outbreak, the longed-for "herd immunity" of Trump and Bolsonaro.

2 hours ago, Poet said:

So far, the Cambridge vaccine sounds safe enough.

After successful first and second rounds, the third round of testing was only paused because one guy out of a thousand or something like that developed a problem.

They are keep it a hush-hush but, actually, the side-effect he experienced wasn't life-threatening, just a bit disturbing I suppose. His sexual preferences switched to gay. But that might just have been the Cambridge environment.

The guy he got encephalitis, is not a little problem

1 hour ago, Poet said:

To put the question another way, if you were outside Thailand and wanted to get back in today, which would you choose:

1. Test before departure at your own expense, possibility of catching Covid from the wheezy fat bloke sat next to you on the plane, test upon arrival at your own expense, 14-day quarantine at your own expense in a ridiculously overpriced hotel.

2. Vaccine and certification provided to you at tax-payer expense in your own country, no need to think about Covid again for at least a few years, and a discount from bargirls when you show them your certificate.

The flu vaccine is 50% effective do you think this vaccine Covid protects you 100% for a year or maybe two maximum?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, connda said:

I guarantee that as soon as a vaccine is release to the general public in Thailand that a Certificate of Covid-vaccination will be requried in order to obtain an extension of stay in the country if you are on a long-stay visa (Non-O, Marriage, Student, Non-B) - and for those planning to visit as tourists a Certificate of Covid-vaccination will be required to enter the country.  I expect it may even get as pathetically silly as requiring a specific vaccine from a list of "Approved" vaccine manufacturers with Thai bio-tech companies right at the top of the list. 
For those who don't trust either the efficacy or the safety of the vaccine, you can probably bet that here in the Land of Brown Envelopes that for the right price you'll be able to obtain a valid Certificate of Covid-vaccination from a participating doctor or you will be able to bypass the requirements by using one of the many 'special' visa agents.
Whether you wish to take the jab or not will not be the issue.  Your choice will be limited to whether or not you wish to maintain your visa status.  But don't feel bad.  In this neo-dystopian reality that is coming up and crashing down on the world like a tsunami, every average man, woman, and child will be required to be vaccinated in order to maintain employment, in order to travel in Covid-free zones, in order to shop outside of what will become the markets for vaccine-free "untouchables", in order to go to school, in order to go to your church, synagogue, or temple -- you get the picture.  This gets into the territory of Revelation 13:16...but - my guess is that those who buy the Covid plot-line hook, line, and sinker probably consider Christian eschatology to be the crazy stuff followed by conservative, tin-foil hat wearing, anti-vaxxers, nut-jobs - but - there ya have it.  Let's not discuss the crazy stuff like the implementation of regional autocracies globally that have arisen due to a bad flu that has a 99.96% survivablity rate and primarily kills the old and extremely unhealthy.  Nope, it's the people who don't trust the governments and Big-Pharma conspiring to mandate vaccinations for the entire human population who are the tin-foil hat wearing nut-jobs.  :dry:  Ah-huh?

Image1.jpeg.80703416508a019720706d36f83b29e0.jpeg

AFAIK no government is mandating polio vaccinations, and that's a far more terrifying virus than COVID-19. There are still wild strains of polio in Pakistan and Afghanistan.

IMO your imagination is over-active, perhaps you forgot your meds today.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ICELANDMAN said:
2 hours ago, Poet said:

They are keep it a hush-hush but, actually, the side-effect he experienced wasn't life-threatening, just a bit disturbing I suppose. His sexual preferences switched to gay. But that might just have been the Cambridge environment.

The guy he got encephalitis, is not a little problem

Are you absolutely sure the encephalitis wasn't a cover story to hide the fact he went gay?

A guy I know knows a guy who does security there and he said they caught him trying to bum one of the hospital's CPR dolls.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Poet said:

Are you absolutely sure the encephalitis wasn't a cover story to hide the fact he went gay?

A guy I know knows a guy who does security there and he said they caught him trying to bum one of the hospital's CPR dolls.

This is bad news for bar girls.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, polpott said:

The vaccine being trialled by Oxford University/Astra Zenica will have completed the standard clinical trials and have been extensively peer reviewed before being released to the public. I will be the first in the queue to get my free shot when it becomes available.

Great! It´s the best news I´ve heard today. Good Luck!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, polpott said:

The vaccine being trialled by Oxford University/Astra Zenica will have completed the standard clinical trials and have been extensively peer reviewed before being released to the public. I will be the first in the queue to get my free shot when it becomes available.

And that will be in what part of next year, 3rd quarter, a year from now? Just asking since you seem to be on the cutting edge of knowledge regarding the real testing and not just what they are saying in order to hype up there stock potential and price per dosage.

• Like 2

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

And that will be in what part of next year, 3rd quarter, a year from now? Just asking since you seem to be on the cutting edge of knowledge regarding the real testing and not just what they are saying in order to hype up there stock potential and price per dosage.

Oxford University doesn't have stock. Astra Zenica have undertaken to supply the vaccine at cost.

They are currently optimistic that the trials and peer reviews will be completed by year end. They started manufacturing many millions of doses in India some months ago. If I were a betting man I would say that people would start to be vaccinated by Easter.

1 hour ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

If I don't get the jab I wont get to see my girl in Ubon. And have a nice holiday in Thailand. Got so much annual leave now. So not a tough choice. 

Find a new girl. Not that hard and no vaccine required.

3 hours ago, ChipButty said:

How do you feel about getting the injection? Maybe Thailand will make compulsory to enter the country.

I'll pretend to get the vaccination, and certificate, but bribe the Thai doctor/nurse not to actually inject me.

Same as I only wear the face mask in 7-11/Tesco.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2