Covid19 Injection will you or wont you?

ChipButty

Just now, RubbaJohnny said:

When viable affordable vaccines become available I imagine they will be taken up by most if free , painless and effective.Frequency , proof and recording systems are in place, chip, Cloud or a WHO document.

Carrot and stick may be necessary in less educated groups as will previous public health campaigns.

While we may not like the road or visa rules adults realize sometimes we must conform or pay the penalty.

I imagine vaccines may be likely required to enter stores,hotels ,states, transportation from Uber to Flight, admit kids to school, attend a dentist , clinic or even hospital.

Of course if a certificate is merely like my old IVC used by sailors worldwide It would be possibly open to corrupt practices, forged stamps, or stamp with no real vaccine , or more worryingly scammers selling high priced necessary shots , but using placebos. I imagine WHO may still require pre flight /cruise tests until the epidemic abates.

If former freedoms to roam are to return someone is going to have to deliver and pay for vaccines / fridges for the poorest villages/ isolated remote places from Great Lakes of Africa to the remotest smallest Pacific Isle, Amazonian settlement, otherwise like Polio there may be dormant reservoirs of the disease.

Hi hansummvaxxed man, How long's your certificate ???

1 hour ago, polpott said:

Oxford University doesn't have stock. Astra Zenica have undertaken to supply the vaccine at cost.

They are currently optimistic that the trials and peer reviews will be completed by year end. They started manufacturing many millions of doses in India some months ago. If I were a betting man I would say that people would start to be vaccinated by Easter.

Depending on your place in the queue.

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

AFAIK no government is mandating polio vaccinations, and that's a far more terrifying virus than COVID-19. There are still wild strains of polio in Pakistan and Afghanistan.

IMO your imagination is over-active, perhaps you forgot your meds today.

This is from the Associate Press:
"More polio cases now caused by vaccine than by wild virus as 4 African countries report them."

Re: your snarky statement, "IMO your imagination is over-active, perhaps you forgot your meds today."

In the ignorance of your uninquisitive mind you've decided you are somehow morally superior to anyone who may not share your simplistic CNN-view of the world when in reality your statement is that of an incredibly disrespectful ***. 
What did you reasonably hope to accomplish tossing the snark-loaded put-down out there? You often have good, meaningful posts.  Really? Bad day?
You should work on that.  You'd be a happier human being.  Open your mind and look outside the box.  You don't have to agree.  Just consider the options.  It won't hurt.  Honest.  :thumbsup:

Edited by connda
  • Like 2

"Maybe Thailand will make compulsory to enter the country." In that case, if the compulsary coved insurance is anything to go by, the vaccine will be very expensive, and need to be given at the airport on arrival. Another moneymaker for the soldiers.

•  

23 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Provided the vaccine is from a reputable source, yes.

I've survived vaccinations for TB, bladder cancer, pneumonia, flu, typhoid, diptheria, hepatitis, yellow fever and tetanus quite comfortably. Another one is just a teaspoon of blood in the bat's broth.

I really am looking forward to the time when there's a vaccine for stupidity.

In that case the majority of the Thai population will need it.

19 hours ago, connda said:

This is from the Associate Press:
"More polio cases now caused by vaccine than by wild virus as 4 African countries report them."

Re: your snarky statement, "IMO your imagination is over-active, perhaps you forgot your meds today."

In the ignorance of your uninquisitive mind you've decided you are somehow morally superior to anyone who may not share your simplistic CNN-view of the world when in reality your statement is that of an incredibly disrespectful ***. 
What did you reasonably hope to accomplish tossing the snark-loaded put-down out there? You often have good, meaningful posts.  Really? Bad day?
You should work on that.  You'd be a happier human being.  Open your mind and look outside the box.  You don't have to agree.  Just consider the options.  It won't hurt.  Honest.  :thumbsup:

"Open your mind and look outside the box". " Morally superior".  " Simplistic CNN-view". " Ignorance of your uninquisitive mind" Those are not putdowns?

FYI I don't watch CNN, and I am quite happy with my situation. You're on ignore now.

Postscript. The African report is fake news distributed by anti-vaxxers.

Edited by Lacessit

21 hours ago, polpott said:

The vaccine being trialled by Oxford University/Astra Zenica will have completed the standard clinical trials and have been extensively peer reviewed before being released to the public. I will be the first in the queue to get my free shot when it becomes available.

Free?? In Thailand?? It will be another expensive cost to us farangs by the unelected soldiers "government" to fill their pockets.

53 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

"Maybe Thailand will make compulsory to enter the country." In that case, if the compulsary coved insurance is anything to go by, the vaccine will be very expensive, and need to be given at the airport on arrival. Another moneymaker for the soldiers.

•  

Add the covid test to that, my friend paid 13,000 Baht

Edited by ChipButty
  • Thanks 1

People seem to be confusing vaccinations with the idea of a medication that you take repeatedly over a period of time (often daily) and which can have cumulative effects over time.

Vaccines don't work that way. You get an injection once and (unless a booster is required sometime later) that's it.

The body's immune system immediately reacts to the vaccine but as has been pointed out, one of the problems with vaccinations is that after that immediate burst of activity the effects of the vaccination tend to start declining immediately. So any effect that the vaccine has is going to be most noticeable within a few days (or at most a week or so) after the vaccine was administered.

There has never been a case of a vaccine being administered and then "lying dormant" for an extended period of time before suddenly causing a reaction months or years later.

The important thing with phase 3 trials (of which there are around 8 already going on) is that you include enough people that any rare side effects that only become apparent when tens of thousands of people have been inoculated, are found.

There is no requirement from any regulatory body or medical text that phase 3 trials last any particular length of time, such as a number of years. It's about the number of people, not the time period involved.

Having said that I will only get a vaccination once the phase 3 trial results have been published, I have read and been satisfied by those results and the vaccine has been properly licensed for use by the appropriate regulatory body or bodies.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Like 1