90-day reporting after amnesty

Thanks ubonjoe. As far as I know, the amnesty ends on Friday. Are you saying that immigration are giving some leeway, so if I went on Monday then I wouldn't be fined?

25 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I suggest you do your 90 day report as soon as possible. A few days after the 26th should not cause you to fineded  2000 baht for a late report.

Even though there was an amnesty I continued to file my 90 day reports as normal as I didn't want to get caught in the mammoth queues once the various amnesty periods ended. If you file before 26th September you shouldn't get a fine but the queues might be huge. Use an agent to avoid the queues it will be cheaper than paying a fine next week. 

Edited by JusticeGB
Typo
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That is not correct. It applied to everybody. If you read the ministerial notice it does not differentiate on who it applied to.

I skipped mine in April due to the rule saying you should stay at home unless it was something you had to do. I got caught up last month when I when I went to immigration to apply for my one year extension. No questions asked and I got a receipt with a report date in November.

ubonjoe - same, but mine expired on the 30th June, so I couldn't report then. I can't find my original 90 days receipt but I have a photo copy of it, would they accept that? 

Secondly, can you (or anyone) recommend an agent or does it need to be done in person in this case?

Finally, I also believe that 90 days needs to be done at Muang Thong Thani, can you confirm that?   

Edited by farang1979

16 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That is not correct. It applied to everybody. If you read the ministerial notice it does not differentiate on who it applied to.

I skipped mine in April due to the rule saying you should stay at home unless it was something you had to do. I got caught up last month when I when I went to immigration to apply for my one year extension. No questions asked and I got a receipt with a report date in November.

I did my 90 day reports online.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I did my 90 day reports online.

Same here.  If the web page is up and running and you've done at least one report in person before, it's a godsend on occasions when there may well be pandemonium at IOs.

I wonder how many of those tourists who originally entered Thailand visa-exempt or on a tourist visa, have since been covered by the amnesty and are now intending to go down the 30-day Embassy letter extension route realise that they, too, will now be subject to the 90-day reporting requirement. Could be a 2,000 THB "rude awakening" for quite a few of them in due course, I suspect!

53 minutes ago, OJAS said:

I wonder how many of those tourists who originally entered Thailand visa-exempt or on a tourist visa, have since been covered by the amnesty and are now intending to go down the 30-day Embassy letter extension route realise that they, too, will now be subject to the 90-day reporting requirement. Could be a 2,000 THB "rude awakening" for quite a few of them in due course, I suspect!

Their application for a extension would be considered as the first one and it will count as doing a 90 day report. Their 90 day report would be due 90 days from the day they apply.

1 hour ago, OJAS said:

I asked the IO at the 90 day report counter here in Chiang Mai, he told me they don't want 90 day reports from tourists who get extensions based on embassy letters.

2 minutes ago, jackdd said:

I asked the IO at the 90 day report counter here in Chiang Mai, he told me they don't want 90 day reports from tourists who get extensions based on embassy letters.

Doing a 90 days report requires an earlier TM30 report. The 90 days report is a verification you're staying at the last reported address. Tourists don't have to stay at a registered address. That's why they are called tourists. 

9 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Doing a 90 days report requires an earlier TM30 report.

No

9 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Tourists don't have to stay at a registered address. That's why they are called tourists. 

Nobody who entered Thailand legally has to stay at a registered address, we are free to move around. Tourists aren't treated different from any other foreigner. If we stay at a new place the landlord/possessor has to report us.

Edited by jackdd

21 hours ago, jackdd said:

Presumably their rationale is that such tourists will, in practice, be doing 90-day reports but every 30 days instead? Even so, it might still be prudent for these tourists to arm themselves with a completed TM47 (as well as TM7) for every 3rd trip to Immigration! In this connection are these 30-day extensions being processed at the same location as 90-day reports in the case of Chiang Mai?

Edited by OJAS

26 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Are your thinking that more 30 day extensions with embassy letter will be provided in 30 days time?

Good question! I initially thought that ubonjoe had said that second extensions at least might be possible in this thread:-

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1183932-30-day-extension-and-then-what/#comments

Upon re-reading that thread, though, it would appear that his assertion was, in fact, made in the context of 60-day spousal visit extensions (where one such extension had already taken place) rather than 30-day Embassy letter ones.

• Like 1

I sent my 90 day report end of Aug to CW and just got reply letter mentioning that I did not do 90 day report from 26 march to 31 july during the amnesty period and they requested me to contact imm office to pay fine 2k B.

I'm on Non O family visa now. So only tourists visa holders are exempted for the 90 day report during the amnesty period or that includes all non immigrant visa holders.

The online report never worked for me and I travelled regularly in the past so I never bothered to do this all these while.

My visa renewal is up next month, should I try my luck without paying the 2k B fine?

1 hour ago, OJAS said:

Presumably their rationale is that such tourists will, in practice, be doing 90-day reports but every 30 days instead? Even so, it might still be prudent for these tourists to arm themselves with a completed TM47 (as well as TM7) for every 3rd trip to Immigration! In this connection are these 30-day extensions being processed at the same location as 90-day reports in the case of Chiang Mai?

Yes, same location, just a different counter. There is indeed no point in submitting a 90 day report for people write their address every 30 days on the TM7 form.

Until a few years ago CM immigration was said to be bad, but i think in the recent past they have been quite reasonable. Some other immigration offices might of course not share this opinion and try to fine those people.

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Are your thinking that more 30 day extensions with embassy letter will be provided in 30 days time?

For sure there are, or do you think in 30 days from now the situation will have changed much?

We will see people getting extensions based on embassy letters well into next year.

14 minutes ago, shady86 said:

I sent my 90 day report end of Aug to CW

Actually they wrote somewhere that if you skipped a 90 day report, the next one would have to be done in person.

15 minutes ago, shady86 said:

My visa renewal is up next month, should I try my luck without paying the 2k B fine?

You could go there in person today (or tomorrow if they are open), then you don't have to pay a fine, because everybody is exempt from 90 day reports until 26th.

12 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Actually they wrote somewhere that if you skipped a 90 day report, the next one would have to be done in person.

You could go there in person today (or tomorrow if they are open), then you don't have to pay a fine, because everybody is exempt from 90 day reports until 26th.

They wrote in my application letter that I did not do the report between 26 march and 31 july, so I need to pay 2k B fine. I'm foreigner but not foreigner in their perspective. ????

Anyway my time is worth much more than 2k so I wont be wasting time for this.

IMG_20200925_141303.jpg

6 minutes ago, jackdd said:

could go there in person today (or tomorrow if they are open), then you don't have to pay a fine, because everybody is exempt from 90 day reports until 26th.

6 minutes ago, jackdd said:

90 report for those that skipped during amnesty due 27. 

You have a window of 7 days so early next week is good idea and no fine

Edited by DrJack54

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Immigration said that in one of their announcements that was in the news. 

People have been told when they got the 30 day extension they could apply for another one.

8 minutes ago, shady86 said:

They wrote in my application letter that I did not do the report between 26 march and 31 july, so I need to pay 2k B fine. I'm foreigner but not foreigner in their perspective. ????

Anyway my time is worth much more than 2k so I wont be wasting time for this.

What they wrote is wrong, the person who wrote it just has no idea what they are doing. The Cabinet said no 90 day reports required until 26th, see the last section (3) of this document: http://www.ratchakitcha.soc.go.th/DATA/PDF/2563/E/172/T_0005.PDF

If somebody tries to fine you (in case you do it until tomorrow), refuse it and show them this document. If they still have problems, tell them to call Prayut, he is the one who signed the document ????

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

90 report for those that skipped during amnesty due 27. 

You have a window of 7 days so early next week is good idea and no fine

Chiang Mai immigration confirmed that they grant this 7 day window, so there this is possible. But at other immigration offices people might run into problems insisting on this 7 day window.

Edited by jackdd
  • Haha 1