Recommended Tradesmen & Services. Travel, teachers ,baby sitters, pet Care Etc...

Never seen a thread on this subject before so I'll kick it off.

These are the various tradesmen that I've used over the last 7 years that I've found honest, competitive and reliable.

Aircon repairs - 089 726 7688. Never did know this Thai guys name but perfect English and very quick to respond

Boncafe - Just past Big Buddha traffic lights on the Ring Road. Extremely helpful staff, very polite.

Car repairs/service- Dan Auto's in Maenam. English speaking owner and staff ensures good communication.

Coconut cropping - 087 269 8443. Again not a clue what the guy's name is but boy, he's fast and tidy.

House cleaning- Maids in Samui (I think) anyway Khun Oil 086 219 7897. If you need a really good clean through Oil and her girls are great.

Motorcycle repairs/service - Ohm motorcycles on the ring road opposite the bottom Chaweng Beach Road turning. This guy and his staff really know their stuff, especially with the big bikes.

Pest Control 077 247784. Got rats in the roof, bees nest in your hedges? These are the guys

Solicitors- Blumenthal, Richter and Sumet at the Natien Centre in Chaweng. Inspire great confidence, really know what they are doing. As the name suggests they are a Ferrang Company.

UBC/TV/DVD reception problems - Khun Jierp 081 797 0564 - Thai guy who'll call out at a minutes notice. From the simplest problem to the largest installation this guy is good. Limited English so you'll need an interpreter.

Website construction - Kim Carter at Carsena. Next to the IT complex in Chaweng. Good imput and very helpful. Ferrang owned so communication no problem.

Maybe you have some more to add?

Edited by sbk
Per admin request

• 1 year later...

while not a tradesman, a useful service that has been pointed out to me. needless to say, I haven't used them personally :o but it seems like a good idea and the owner is reputable

www.samuifunerals.org/index.html

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Some to add to the list

Electrician

Chris (English) 0878150524

Harvey (American) 0816385512

Painting

Cammy (Scottish) 0848500371

I have had good experience with all the above.

Just used the guy The Vulcan recommended for coconut trees. He took down one between buildings for me that I could not find anyone else to do.

He was punctual, fast and tidy, four guys, two pickups in and out 1.5 hours. Excellent.

His name is Mai, Tel 0872698443 (you may need a Thai friend to help speak to him, but worth it).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

NEED ASSISTANCE DOING YOUR GARDEN?

RE-ORGANIZING YOUR TROOPS TO BUILT A HOUSE, GET YOUR POOL CLEAN, GET PRODUCTS IN REAL THAI PRICE OR DO MAINTANANCE IN THE BUNGALOWS??

TRUE ONE MAN (TRUSTY THAI) ENGLISH SPEAKING SOLUTION

THON

Full or Part-Time

(From Bang Bor to Lamai) TEL. 0835 944 660

I can recommend knowing the guy for about 8 years now. He already helped one guy via this forum to build a private cottage on a treacherous mountainside near Lamai. Now he is looking to help other or he shall return to his home. You can call him directly or ask me more via PM... I ask nothing but hope he gets some jobs as he is the best manual labor Thai worker I know...

• 1 month later...
Never seen a thread on this subject before so I'll kick it off.

These are the various tradesmen that I've used over the last 7 years that I've found honest, competitive and reliable.

Aircon repairs - 089 726 7688. Never did know this Thai guys name but perfect English and very quick to respond

Boncafe - Just past Big Buddha traffic lights on the Ring Road. Extremely helpful staff, very polite.

Car repairs/service- Dan Auto's in Maenam. English speaking owner and staff ensures good communication.

Coconut cropping - 087 269 8443. Again not a clue what the guy's name is but boy, he's fast and tidy.

House cleaning- Maids in Samui (I think) anyway Khun Oil 086 219 7897. If you need a really good clean through Oil and her girls are great.

Motorcycle repairs/service - Ohm motorcycles on the ring road opposite the bottom Chaweng Beach Road turning. This guy and his staff really know their stuff, especially with the big bikes.

Pest Control 077 247784. Got rats in the roof, bees nest in your hedges? These are the guys

Solicitors- Blumenthal, Richter and Sumet at the Natien Centre in Chaweng. Inspire great confidence, really know what they are doing. As the name suggests they are a Ferrang Company.

UBC/TV/DVD reception problems - Khun Jierp 081 797 0564 - Thai guy who'll call out at a minutes notice. From the simplest problem to the largest installation this guy is good. Limited English so you'll need an interpreter.

Website construction - Kim Carter at Carsena. Next to the IT complex in Chaweng. Good imput and very helpful. Ferrang owned so communication no problem.

Maybe you have some more to add?

Thanks alot, very helpfull.............. I would like to ask if anyone knows about a foreign painter on Samui...I was told there is a British guy somewhere who is very good without paint marks all over the tiles :o

Also if you could add some really good babysitters......to "normal" prices (IN THAILAND)......someone you could trust in your own house....

I do know a woman in Billabong bar can do the job at her house, if you ask in advice....however she can't speak English....... :D

good english electrician, in samui named bob tel. 0805195600. did what i asked and didn,t put any extra on the bill

• 2 months later...

For TV & Stereo, wiring, HDMI cable & splitter, Cable set up, Dreambox,, Astro or True satellite set up, video systems, etc.

I can recommend this guy....

He'll help you purchase major equipment like TV or Stereo system to suite your needs & budget....(higher end systems)

He's a bit difficult to understand on the phone, but face to face .... he does get it! & goes out of his way to get it right)... plus usually can find cables & connectors etc that might usually be hard to find.

He's done some great work for me & I now at least one other TV user.... Works out of his home, which is near Tesco Chawang.... but seems to have work around the island. Rates are reasonable. What he can't do he's always found the right person to do it.

Name is Rin Phone is 086 522 7802 (call after 11 am! ) If you have problems connecting with him PM me.

Edited by Rooo

• 2 months later...

Third attempt ... hope it comes out ok this time.

Please refer to original post dates for more info ....

Aircon repairs - 089 726 7688. Never did know this Thai guys name but perfect English and very quick to respond … posted Apr, 2007

Babysitting (Childminding) – Sunshine Tots Bophut - husband and wife farang team – 0878986890 … posted July, 2009

Boncafe - Just past Big Buddha traffic lights on the Ring Road. Extremely helpful staff, very polite. … posted Apr, 2007 <br style="">

Building work General – Juab – not cheap, but good, speaks English – 0815371428 … posted Jan, 2008

Building work Roofing & General – SS Building & Roofing - 087857696 or 0878648060 … posted Oct, 2008

Building work General – Simon (UK) - small of team of around 15 guys from Tilers,Sparkeys, Carpenters, Landscaping – 0810787653 … posted Dec, 2008

Carpenters – Koh Phangan – English guy Richard – 0806907904 … posted Apr, 2008<br style="">

Car repairs/service- Dan Auto's in Maenam. English speaking owner and staff ensures good communication. … posted Apr, 2007

Cleaning (House) – Lin – "100b a hour and I supplied the cleaning things, very good and comes on time, number is 0879992484" … posted May, 2010

Coconut cropping - 087 269 8443. Again not a clue what the guy's name is but boy, he's fast and tidy. … posted Apr, 2007

Computer – Ink Refilling – Inkworld - Across street from Thai International hospital … posted May , 2009

Computer – Internet service – Blue Chip Samui – Matt http://www.bluechipsamui.com/ - 0896510020 … posted July, 2009

Electrician - Khun Jareon 089 195 2216 … posted May, 2007

Electrician - Chris (English) 0878150524 Harvey (American) 0816385512 … posted May, 2009

Electrican - Khun Vasant Singhasung - Full Step Co. 0813459855 - Nice Guy not expensive and speaks English very well. Understands about western standards.

Originally from Bangkok. … posted Dec, 2009

Electrician – Bob (UK) 0805195600. did what i asked and didn,t put any extra on the bill … posted July, 2010

Electronic repairs - Sam (Kiwi) – Lamai - 087 1023 026 (see Computers above) … posted Sept, 2009

Funeral Services - www.samuifunerals.org … posted Aug, 2008

Handyman – General Maintenance, Gardens, Pools, organize House construction staff, assists general buying of products at thai prices - TRUE ONE MAN (TRUSTY THAI) ENGLISH SPEAKING SOLUTION – "THON" Full or Part-Time (From Bang Bor to Lamai) TEL. 0835 944 660 … posted May, 2010

House cleaning- Maids in Samui (I think) anyway Khun Oil 086 219 7897. If you need a really good clean through Oil and her girls are great … posted Apr, 2007

Kitchens – Delco (Lamai) 077 42 40 53 … posted July, 2007

Landscaping - Botanical Designs (somewhere in Samui – look for Ads) … posted Dec, 2007

Mattress Cleaning – Otto (German 74yo) - 081 1348 519 … posted Oct, 2009

Muay Thai Boxing – Pinyo (Lamai) … posted July, 2007

Motorcycle repairs/service - Ohm motorcycles on the ring road opposite the bottom Chaweng Beach Road turning. This guy and his staff really know their stuff, especially with the big bikes. … posted Apr, 2007

Painting (House) – Chris (English) CPM Co. 0878899089 … posted Apr, 2008

Painting - Cammy (Scottish) 0848500371 … posted May, 2009

Painting (House) - I wouldn't trust anyone other than an Englishman called Scott Mitchell - 0879225833 … posted June, 2009

Pest Control 077 247784. Got rats in the roof, bees nest in your hedges? These are the guys … posted Apr, 2007

Pest Control – Rentokil Samui - Mr Thongtong 077-234184 … Dec, 2010

Pest Control – Eco friendly www.ecopestsamui.com – Alistair 085-7912496 …Dec, 2010

Plumbing - Changjai (Thai speaks English) - This guy is really good, nothing is a problem for him 0895889416 … posted May, 2009

Roofing & General – SS Building & Roofing - 087857696 or 0878648060 … posted Oct, 2008

Snake Man – Phil - 089 663 5085 … posted May, 2010

Solicitors- Blumenthal, Richter and Sumet at the Natien Centre in Chaweng. Inspire great confidence, really know what they are doing. As the name suggests they are a Ferrang Company. … posted Apr, 2007

Surveying - Kevin 0898752962 (falang) – Koh Phangan … posted Mar, 2008

Swimming Pool Cleaning - Samui Property Valet...pool maintenance team, regular pool cleaning and service tel: 08789 11770 … posted Apr, 2008

Swimming Pool Maintenance - Duncan (English) 0878911770 … posted May, 2009

Tailors - 'John Tailor' next to Churrassco restaurant, Chaweng … posted Nov, 2008

Thai Language Teacher – see post by forum member 'Benchamas' (pg #3) … posted Sept, 2010

Travel – Asia Travel Co. – Nathon – 077-236120, 0819709632, 0813960023 Fax: 0 7742 1185 … posted Jan, 2010

TV & Stereo Setting-up - Rin – Chawang - 086 522 7802 (call after 11 am!) … posted Oct, 2010

UBC/TV/DVD reception problems - Khun Jierp 081 797 0564 - Thai guy who'll call out at a minutes notice. From the simplest problem to the largest installation this guy is good. Limited English so you'll need an interpreter. … posted Apr, 2007

Website construction - Kim Carter at Carsena. Next to the IT complex in Lamai. Good imput and very helpful. Ferrang owned so communication no problem. … posted Apr, 2007

Window cleaning – Billy (UK) – Squeaky Clean Co. – 0870137650 … posted Nov, 2008

Edited by Rooo

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Anyone know of a company that can do rain guttering please.

Not sure if you want guttering repairs or new gutters.

My neighbour had new gutters after the March storms last year and used a guy in Choengmon. The guy did a very good job.

Unfortunately my neighbout is on holiday at the moment and cannot get to the phone number. I have sent a PM with directions.

Air Con / Plumbing

Changjai (Thai speaks English) 0895889416 This guy is really good, nothing is a problem for him

Would not recommend this guy. Came to the house and told my misses she can fix it herself and left. With both toilets out of action. Dick!

Air Con / Plumbing

Changjai (Thai speaks English) 0895889416 This guy is really good, nothing is a problem for him

Would not recommend this guy. Came to the house and told my misses she can fix it herself and left. With both toilets out of action. Dick!

Thai's often seem to pass on the small jobs thinking the don't pay enough money or they claim to be too busy when their shop is empty, but for me they'll never get a large job unless they can have the right attitude and approach on a small one first.. Been running into this a lot lately..Seems no one wants our money, their loss, eat today starve tomorrow..

• 2 weeks later...

Electronic repairs - Sam (Kiwi) – Lamai - 087 1023 026 (see Computers above) … posted Sept, 2009

Sam unfortunately left the island ages ago.

Removed.