Traditional Sunday Lunch

banglay

Hello Everyone ..

I am looking for a nice place to have a Traditional Sunday lunch .... Not interested in establishments  in Pattaya or the dark side area...I fancy a nice leisurely drive out maybe an hour (+) or so and  then a bite to eat ....I don't mind paying a premium price for a good location and food .. (outside the marked area )..

PS also open for  quality Burger in the same area  any time of the week   ????

Capture.PNG

43 minutes ago, banglay said:

I am looking for a nice place to have a Traditional Sunday lunch

Traditional to what country.... since you excluded Pattaya, the dark side, my place, Ban Chang and Bangkok, is it som-tam and sticky rice?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

not sure what tradition but it seems you will have more choices of foreign food in Pattaya, then go for your ride... as noted above, unless you are looking for traditional Thai food.. 

I can drive the 20KM to Pattaya any day of the week to eat ....I just fancy a change of scenery and  venue .... There is life outside of Pattaya I have been told 555555

2 hours ago, banglay said:

I can drive the 20KM to Pattaya any day of the week to eat ....I just fancy a change of scenery and  venue .... There is life outside of Pattaya I have been told 555555

not for a traditional uk sunday lunch

1 hour ago, Hitcho56 said:

Valley View Hotel - next to Rayong Green Valley golf course or Finnegans in Ban Chang

both in the no go zone

sun moon bar out at mae rumpheung beach do one for 80thb, have to pre book

2 hours ago, banglay said:

I think the larger question might be if there is still life inside of Pattaya.

On 10/3/2020 at 5:33 AM, banglay said:

Not interested in establishments  in Pattaya or the dark side area...I fancy a nice leisurely drive out maybe an hour (+) or so

1 hour ago, hackjam said:

I can recommend the Welcome Inn and Tropicals on Darkside.

In town, Robin Hood Tavern is good.

Top marks for reading the OP, not.

On 10/3/2020 at 4:09 PM, Hitcho56 said:

Valley View Hotel - next to Rayong Green Valley golf course or Finnegans in Ban Chang

Nice idea but his self-imposed limits are so extensive he will either have to starve or eat som tam.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, hackjam said:

I had the Sunday lunch ( a bit late) a few weeks back at The Robin Hood, I did not think it 'good'. I heard Nickys was good. I miss the buffet/ carvery style but the low levels of custom now are making that uneconomical. Is there any left still doing it?

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I had the Sunday lunch ( a bit late) a few weeks back at The Robin Hood, I did not think it 'good'. I heard Nickys was good. I miss the buffet/ carvery style but the low levels of custom now are making that uneconomical. Is there any left still doing it?

Sportsman, and it is excellent.

• Thanks 1

On 10/8/2020 at 2:24 PM, hackjam said:

I used to go to the Robin Hood quite a lot. They did a nice 200 baht Sunday lunch. Now they have strangely increased the price to 300 baht !! Lost another customer.

1 hour ago, Henryford said:

I used to go to the Robin Hood quite a lot. They did a nice 200 baht Sunday lunch. Now they have strangely increased the price to 300 baht !! Lost another customer.

True but they now have reverted back to the 3 priced SR, 200, 300 and 345B.