Viral "TikTok Benadryl Challenge" can kill, warn Thai authorities

webfact

Viral "TikTok Benadryl Challenge" can kill, warn Thai authorities

3pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

People taking large quantities of the antihistamine Benadryl in order to induce hallucinations risk killing themselves, a leading Thai medical expert has said.

The craze ingesting diphenhydramine that is contained in Benadryl has gone viral on TikTok.

Deputy secretary-general of the Thai food and drug administration Suppatra Boonserm said large doses can cause hypertension, even heart attacks. 

The limit is 300 mg per day in children and 400 mg in adults spread over doses taken in four to six hour periods. 

The drug should be prescribed by doctors and pharmacists. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-10-07

• Haha 1

Yup, when I was young I tried some cheap wine, that almost poisoned  me, and that was my                     last time trying that stunt. I only drink good stuff like 20 dollar wine, or Crown Royal, and known beers.

I leave all the other drugs to the doctors to prescribe when I am in need.

Geezer

21 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Stupid. Really stupid.

Don't these kids even know that a microdot would have been much more effective at inducing vivid hallucinations? Available at nearly every illegal rave I attended in the early 90's :clap2: .

The good old days ... My first time with acid was 2 purple aum's. Took the 2nd one because 2 hours in we thought the 1st one was'nt working (rookie error). Of course, as soon as we dropped the 2nd one, the 1st one kicked in.......???????????????? 

How many deaths are we talking about? Why are there not health warnings spouted everywhere warning youngsters about the dangers of riding a scooter/motorbike... dam site more killed on the roads than from watching some stupid online video...

4 minutes ago, Forza2002 said:

How many deaths are we talking about? Why are there not health warnings spouted everywhere warning youngsters about the dangers of riding a scooter/motorbike... dam site more killed on the roads than from watching some stupid online video...

The problem being very young kids watching this kind of cr'o'p.

Yes I know the parents should be controlling what kids can watch, but, that doesn't always happen does it.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, hotchilli said:
On 10/7/2020 at 2:22 PM, RotBenz8888 said:

I got hallucinations only by watching some of the nutty stuff on TikTok. 

What's TikTok?

regular purveyor of all things anti-social 

• Like 1