Trump suggests he might try to fire Fauci post-election

webfact

20 hours ago, PatOngo said:

He's being muzzled by the clown at the top!

Yes. But being around for a while and working for several administrations, he ought to be familiar with that sort of thing by now, even if not quite on the level applied by Trump. My point is that I think he's one of these people who'll bite the bullet and hang on, because leaving the clowns in charge unattended is worse.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I'm sure that the good and beloved Doctor Fauci and President Biden will get along swimmingly and I will personally guarantee there will be no more talk of injecting bleach!

Trump mused about injecting disinfectant... not bleach.

https://www.statesman.com/news/20200713/fact-check-did-trump-tell-people-to-drink-bleach-to-kill-coronavirus

On 11/3/2020 at 12:58 PM, Boon Mee said:

here's no "Try" involved here. Fauci is history immediately after Donald J. Trump's landslide tomorrow. ???? 

Not quite!!!  4 years of your cheering on a fascist. That is now over. Free at last. Trump is headed for prison and the poor house.   The end..

On 11/3/2020 at 7:28 PM, 4MyEgo said:

The thing I don't understand about all of these guys in their 70's is them wanting to be President. I mean retirement ages should be mandatory, 65, move over let fresh blood in, remembering with age comes dementia etc etc and everyone has a use by date, Fauci IMO at 79 should have been shelved years ago, so should have Biden and Trump regardless of all the cr-p they keep promising to deliver the American people. 

Voters had the opportunity to choose less "aged" candidates at the primaries. For some reason they preferred the old white guys, and that included Biden in preference to Harris.

50 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Voters had the opportunity to choose less "aged" candidates at the primaries. For some reason they preferred the old white guys, and that included Biden in preference to Harris.

They both are unusually old for the presidency. But both weren't nominated because they were old but in spite of it.

45 was nominated because he's the incumbent. Even atrociously bad incumbents are very hard to beat.

Thus the democrats chose Biden for four main reasons. 

He was the candidate 45 was the most afraid of.

Conventional presidential resume in the extreme. Two terms as vice president and a very long senate career.

Positioned to the right on some key issues such as Medicare for all that was thought would play better in the general election. 

Chosen by the powerful black American  congressman Clyburn of South Carolina as the man to be trusted by blacks, the most important demographic in the democratic party in both primaries and the general. 

In other words  the best chance the democrats had the beat the incumbent.

Beating this particular incumbent was seen as the highest priority over any other considerations of ideology, age, and charisma. 

You can't argue with success. Joe Biden is now President Elect.

Edited by Jingthing