Scomadi Scooter

eezergood

7 minutes ago, transam said:

Couple of guys near me have them, I first thought they were Lambretta's, was surprised to learn they are British...

Same here, I always thought they were Italian. 

They’re pricey for what they are: i.e. 75,000 Baht for the base 125 model to 306,000 baht for the 200cc model. 

I guess one has to be a real fan of Vespa’s, Lambretta’s or Scomadi styling to want one of these.

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

Same here, I always thought they were Italian. 

They’re pricey for what they are: i.e. 75,000 Baht for the base 125 model to 306,000 baht for the 200cc model. 

I guess one has to be a real fan of Vespa’s, Lambretta’s or Scomadi styling to want one of these.

I saw what looked like a scooter I had back in the 60's the other day, a Vespa SS180.....????

But as you say, modern variants are way too expensive...

Vespa.jpg.235d3ae364196ca07077333de52f0a51.jpg

25 minutes ago, eezergood said:

I prefer brakes that stop you

Even a drum brake Lambretta can do a stopie, if the brake is set up nicely. 

Scomadi is the original rejuvenated Lambretta. All the others copied.

However in my opinion. If you want vintage two-stroke go with Lambretta. If you want modern 4-stroke go with Vespa. Everything else is look and personal preference.

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, eezergood said:

I may even look at the new Lambrettas.........

Although I am going back over 50 years, I had a couple of Lambretta's and a Vespa, the Lambretta was a far better handling scooter, perhaps construction hasn't changed much from what I have seen around with modern variants..

• Like 2

17 hours ago, transam said:

Although I am going back over 50 years, I had a couple of Lambretta's and a Vespa, the Lambretta was a far better handling scooter, perhaps construction hasn't changed much from what I have seen around with modern variants..

Should be noted that Modern Vespas, 4 stroke, no longer have the engine hanging off one side as the original. So any weird handling issues as a result can be forgotten. I never rode 2T Vespas for that reason only Lambrettas. Modern Vespas are still steel monocoque construction and are quite rigid. Some of the Lambretta clones have a lot of plastic.

31 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Should be noted that Modern Vespas, 4 stroke, no longer have the engine hanging off one side as the original. So any weird handling issues as a result can be forgotten. I never rode 2T Vespas for that reason only Lambrettas. Modern Vespas are still steel monocoque construction and are quite rigid. Some of the Lambretta clones have a lot of plastic.

Don't think I had a problem with the Vespa engine/spare wheel layout, it was too light at the front, to take it off the stand I would just lift the handlebars up then it snapped up, the Lambretta was a different kettle of fish, nice solid tube chassis and proper twin front fork/dampers. A much better throw around scoot...My TV175 was fuel injected..????

6 minutes ago, eezergood said:

I believe they just modify scomadi scooters

No. I they are the Chinese factory/partner that used to make Scomadi before the rift and Scomadi moved production to Thailand. 

Edited by VocalNeal