Driving licence applications: No new diseases added to forbidden conditions for driving just yet

webfact

I renew next month 5 years------not trying to hijack the thread but is it just before or just after you go , that gives you an extra year?........Thanks

Up here in Sukon nowhere, its not unusual to see a 13 year old driving a bike of 4 kids to school, completely ignored by police....even my wife says  "well how else are they going to get to school"

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Ridiculous, these diseases can all be treated and under control. As usual, focus is on the wrong issue. 

Some years ago in the UK I had an head on crash with a car that left its lane (2 way road) and headed directly for me. Fortunately busy and not therefore fast. 

The driver turned out to be diabetic who hadn't taken his insulin. 

3 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

And I wonder how many more millions are afflicted with high blood pressure, a condition that is in no way a valid reason to prevent people from driving.

What's next? Excluding people with heart or circulatory diseases who have no record of any serious episodes? With eye glasses or contact lenses? People suffering from allergies or seasonal hay fever (you know, when you sneeze you could well lose control of your vehicle)?

I know... why not ban just about EVERYONE from obtaining a driving license? That might actually help bring down the appalling traffic death toll. At least somewhat because most people would continue driving even without a license.  

Don't rule anything out ????

9 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Ridiculous, these diseases can all be treated and under control. As usual, focus is on the wrong issue.

Yes they can all be treated, it they go to a hospital get diagnosed and take medication.. sadly this is not the case which is why we have thousands of people driving on the roads with conditions un-treated.

That doesn't count those that just cannot drive, those that are under the influence of drugs or alcohol or those that are mentally unstable, stressed, in a bad mood or whatever it takes to cause accidents, the list is endless.

P.S. Not counting un-roadworthy vehicles.

On 11/4/2020 at 10:20 AM, sanuk711 said:

I renew next month 5 years------not trying to hijack the thread but is it just before or just after you go , that gives you an extra year?........Thanks

Up here in Sukon nowhere, its not unusual to see a 13 year old driving a bike of 4 kids to school, completely ignored by police....even my wife says  "well how else are they going to get to school"

I have similar concerns especially with younger children riding motorbikes, however your wife probably has a point.

The majority cannot afford a car, there is no public transport and both parents have to work.

I often think it is easy to be critical particularly when both my wife and I have a car and each is fitted with a European child safety seat.

On 11/4/2020 at 10:54 AM, Lemonltr said:

Some years ago in the UK I had an head on crash with a car that left its lane (2 way road) and headed directly for me. Fortunately busy and not therefore fast. 

The driver turned out to be diabetic who hadn't taken his insulin. 

so driver was diabetic ONE....there are millions who are diabetic two......