U.S. election betting odds tighten but still favour Trump over Biden

webfact

52 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Biden really only needs Nevada.  But if he wins GA and PA, that would put him at 306...the same number Trump had in 2016.  That would be glorious.  Trump needs to be stomped convincingly to shut him up. 

Will be night time tonight before we know ? 

3 hours ago, robblok said:

As on observer who is not keyed into all things American. How likely is it to change with Biden being ahead so much. How are his chances to score an other 6 points to get to the 270 ? Is this likely to completely turn around when they go on counting votes ?

The only state left likely to go to Biden is Nevada, according to Politico. If he gets that he wins, assuming that the legal actions don't change the map.

If the legal challenges succeed it's back to anyone's guess.

The mail ballots are expected to mainly favour Biden, so probably no change from uncounted postal votes, unless something unexpected happens,

Edited by onthedarkside
unfounded claim removed

1 hour ago, Berkshire said:

Biden really only needs Nevada.  But if he wins GA and PA, that would put him at 306...the same number Trump had in 2016.  That would be glorious.  Trump needs to be stomped convincingly to shut him up. 

LOL. IF he loses, before he bows out in January he may do a few things like sending certain people to jail, fire Fauci, and probably pardon a few.

Then he may or may not shake Biden's hand and retire to his tower to make more money.

No matter what happens thereafter he can take satisfaction that he was able to put not one, not two, but three justices into SCOTUS, thereby securing his legacy for decades.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

55555....I've read a couple of articles on the Arizona count as well.  But I take the word of the media outlets that have called that race.  Not just Fox News, but the AP as well.  I've also read that Trump called Rupert Murdoch and demanded that Fox retract but Murdoch refused. 

Yes it shouldn't be called yet by anybody.

• Thanks 1

I find it strange that it doesn't seem possible to find a younger more dynamic man or women for the post, a new Kennedy. Biden is OK, not ideal but at least he shows statesman like qualities and has dignity. Trump just has to go, he is a dangerous megalomaniac, undignified, a liar and a cheat, His 'wall' is a farce and China is winning the tariff war while Kim danced on his nose, in Europe he is spoken of with derision.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. IF he loses, before he bows out in January he may do a few things like sending certain people to jail, fire Fauci, and probably pardon a few.

Then he may or may not shake Biden's hand and retire to his tower to make more money.

No matter what happens thereafter he can take satisfaction that he was able to put not one, not two, but three justices into SCOTUS, thereby securing his legacy for decades.

Now all he has to worry about is the IRS coming for him and his lost reputation.

Just now, soalbundy said:

I find it strange that it doesn't seem possible to find a younger more dynamic man or women for the post, a new Kennedy. Biden is OK, not ideal but at least he shows statesman like qualities and has dignity. Trump just has to go, he is a dangerous megalomaniac, undignified, a liar and a cheat, His 'wall' is a farce and China is winning the tariff war while Kim danced on his nose, in Europe he is spoken of with derision.

Yeah Biden isn't ideal. Nobody thinks he is. But he may be on the verge of beating.45 and we'll  never know if any of the other choices would have. Historically its extremely difficult to beat any incumbent and he's received more votes than any presidential candidate in American history. 

The aspirational goal for Biden is to be more of an FDR type personality, not a JFK.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yeah Biden isn't ideal. Nobody thinks he is. But he may be on the verge of beating.45 and we'll  never know if any of the other choices would have. Historically its extremely difficult to beat any incumbent and he's received more votes than any presidential candidate in American history. 

The aspirational goal for Biden is to be more of an FDR type personality, not a JFK.

I agree but what the west needs right now is a JFK.

2 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Now all he has to worry about is the IRS coming for him and his lost reputation.

If the IRS had anything on him they'd have discovered it in the past 4 years, and it'd have been leaked IMO.

As for his reputation, he is in his 70s, has a shed load of money and a nice place to live in down Florida way. He can give the finger to his detractors and play golf the rest of his life, if he wants to. He doesn't even have to worry about protestors, as he will have government provided security to keep him safe rest of his life.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

IMO the president at the end of the four years will be president Harris, not Biden. She got the boot in the primaries so no one's choice for president.

19 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If the IRS had anything on him they'd have discovered it in the past 4 years, and it'd have been leaked IMO

Doesn't he have an audit that is ongoing for 4 years or longer?

I think they found something, but just wait until his immunity is removed

Even Deutsche Bank want to dump Trump, because he's bad news

Report: Deutsche Bank ‘Eager’ To Dump $340 Million In Loans To Trump Businesses After Election

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jonathanponciano/2020/11/03/deutsche-bank-eager-to-dump-340-million-in-loans-to-trump-businesses-after-election/?sh=3e656e1523c0

Tired of Trump, Deutsche Bank wants out but sees no good options: Sources

https://www.straitstimes.com/world/united-states/tired-of-trump-deutsche-bank-wants-out-but-sees-no-good-options-sources

Edited by Susco
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

He has an able vice president, main thing is that Trump is gone, everything else pails by comparison.

At least you, Jingthing and other Biden supporters are admitting it now. Strange how great he was a few days ago. 

It has been written that his debts outweigh his shed load of money. The presidency and an army of lawyers have protected him from the IRS so far, well we will see, he has lost face big time against "sleepy Joe" and that will be the biggest personal loss for "Your favorite president"

IMO he never expected to win in 2016 anyway, and he certainly seemed, to me at least, to be enjoying his time in the WH. If he loses this time he might even go for another term in 2024.

I doubt he'll be overly upset to lose and he can go back to playing golf and making deals for money if he wants. Of all the public people in the world, IMO he's the least worried about his "face". I can't see him losing sleep over it.

As for the debt, that's a problem for the accountants, and he could just sell a building or two to pay it off. It's not like he doesn't have assets.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

No that isn't possible. Harris seems able and unlike Trump she really is intelligent. She doesn't have to be liked she has to be able to govern.

Time will tell.

If she was so great she'd have won the primaries. Instead she lost to an old white man. Says something to me.

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO he never expected to win in 2016 anyway, and he certainly seemed, to me at least, to be enjoying his time in the WH. If he loses this time he might even go for another term in 2024.

I doubt he'll be overly upset to lose and he can go back to playing golf and making deals for money if he wants. Of all the public people in the world, IMO he's the least worried about his "face". I can't see him losing sleep over it.

As for the debt, that's a problem for the accountants, and he could just sell a building or two to pay it off. It's not like he doesn't have assets.

His assets are more than likely underwritten by banks, Deutsche bank wants to be rid of him according to some reports but don't know how, why? is it possible that he can't pay them back and that his inflated securities aren't at all secure?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

He has an able vice president, main thing is that Trump is gone, everything else pails by comparison.

LOL. From what other posters are saying, even if Trump is no longer president he's going to still be big on TVF world news.

Say what you will about him, he casts a very large shadow.

I wonder how CNN will deal with not having to talk about him all day. Might see a big drop in their ratings.

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Time will tell.

If she was so great she'd have won the primaries. Instead she lost to an old white man. Says something to me.

She also lost to an Asian man who claimed to be good at math and don't forget black Spartacus also rejected. 

Biden made the cut because the established black leadership decided they know him and trust him. Black people are the most important and reliable demographic for the democrats. Now it looks likely that they will be the key to get Biden over the finish line.

Its also worth mentioning that Biden before now never did at all well in democratic primaries yet Obama picked him anyway and it was a wonderful partnership. 

So I think how Harris did in her first primary is entirely irrelevant.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

His assets are more than likely underwritten by banks, Deutsche bank wants to be rid of him according to some reports but don't know how, why? is it possible that he can't pay them back and that his inflated securities aren't at all secure?

When you have some actual facts about that get back to us.

• Haha 2

Looking at the results on Politico, it's noteworthy how close many of the results are . Given the pollsters saying how biggly Biden was going to win it's very interesting how they got it so wrong.

Perhaps after this polling will be consigned to the wilderness. They got it so badly wrong in 2016, and even after 4 years to sort it still managed to get it wrong.

• Like 1