Chinese tourists to start travelling around Thailand after completing quarantine

webfact

And how many real democracies are there in the world where even a large group of ordinary people have any actual effect on governance? Governments appear to run from mere lip service to citizen participation to outright dictatorships that do not tolerate any citizen input whatsoever.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, lkv said:

Well, 33 "were not bored at all", according to the hotel executive, it's refreshing for me to know that, thought quarantine was like prison.

The other 6 got depressed and jumped through the window. It makes for a fair suicide rate of 15%.

Or they could have been killed on the roads getting there 

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

They got lost wandering the ample hotel grounds because they weren't led on by a guide waving a flag and playing an annoying jingle on a megaphone. Hotel employees reportedly are still searching for them.

They're parking them a block from Nana.   I'm sure the security is outstanding.  

The quarantine sounds exciting. I hope I get to quarantine soon! I think I would just stay in quarantine and not travel. 555

Sorry, but when I read the headline it sounded like the government was opening a jar of roaches. Nothing personal to the Chinese, just the writer.

17 hours ago, webfact said:

The first group of 33 Chinese tourists, arriving in Thailand on Special Tourist Visas (STV) from Shanghai, have completed their mandatory 14 days in quarantine, at a hotel in the Sukhumvit area of Bangkok, and are about to leave to tour the country.

Wow how exciting , i expect it was all expenses payed as well as they would not have took part in this joke if it was not .

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, thairookie said:

Thailand's tourism had been on a good run even before the Chinese tourists invaded the country like swarms of locusts. 

Why can't Thailand return to the good old days relying on European and American long-stay tourists and visa holders ?  Why is Thailand suddenly dependent on China for its survival ?

10 years ago there were not many Chinese in Bangkok.  In the condo where I live, there wasn't a single Chinese.  Thailand was thriving then.  How did everything change ?

And there you have it...........

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, thairookie said:

Thailand's tourism had been on a good run even before the Chinese tourists invaded the country like swarms of locusts. 

Why can't Thailand return to the good old days relying on European and American long-stay tourists and visa holders ?  Why is Thailand suddenly dependent on China for its survival ?

10 years ago there were not many Chinese in Bangkok.  In the condo where I live, there wasn't a single Chinese.  Thailand was thriving then.  How did everything change ?

When Covid is over and Thailand reverts back to visa requirements of 10 years ago, only then will tourism once again grow. Until then , Thailand has no chance. Immigration should stop kidding themselves.

• Haha 1

This is becoming a joke. See how these Chinese pearls going to react when they have to obey about a hundred rules to do this and that. Could be wrong but I'm afraid it's not going to be a pleasant experience for them. As far as the locals and expats concerns I can think of only one phrase; "Take cover when you hear or see them arriving in your neighbourhood...!"

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TSF said:

Times sure have changed. Back in the late 1970s I was living in a small village down Sattahip way and one night tuning my SW radio I picked up a Chinese radio station. My TGF freaked and said to quickly turn it off. It was illegal to listen to Chinese radio and if a neighbor heard that coming from our house they would inform the cops.

Tittle  Tell  Tales even back then I see , same  now in the village.

19 hours ago, Oldie said:

Somehow such reports give the impression that the Chinese are the first and only tourist that arrived so far in Thailand. But this is obviously not the case. Would be interesting to know how many arrived in total so far and from which countries and how many tested positive. 

Over 20000 non Thais have been through the 14 day quarantine system so far. I think more have come from the US than any other country