Bangkok nightclub has special booth to vet and upcharge foreigners

webfact

1 minute ago, bodga said:

3  i  think youll find and the third  one ends in OFF and shove it  up yer jacksy

The problem is that when they say Thais are free, they beautiful, young attractive Thai ladies are free.....now....shall I buy a beer and go in?

3 hours ago, Techno Viking said:

Iam not the type of clientele that would <deleted> and moan about about an entry fee so there should be no reason  to deny me entry.

That’s the clientele they crave-should be a good time where you are not wanted, and your drinks cost double ????

I think you will find Thailand has been double pricing for a long time, many attractions have a price for Thai's, & a price for Farangs. If you want to visit places, either pay the asking price, or don't use it, simple !!!

4 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

They really do have an amazing habit of shooting themselves in the foot.

They have plenty of Thai Customers, do you really think they care about the 5 or 6 farangs who might want in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Those establishments (including Hollywood on Ratchada) didn’t charge any extra for Foreigners.

The places allowed entry on purchase of a bottle of whisky (or something similar) to prevent the ‘beer-huggers’

I think it was 1x 75cc bottle of Whisky could get 4 people in, it was the same for Thai’s and the prices were also the same for Thai’s as they were for foreigners.

Other places would sell ‘drinks tokens’ on entry... i.e. Entry was gained by purchasing two drinks in advance, again to prevent the 'beer-huggers'

This is different than charging foreigners entry but not Thai’s and demanding to see their passport or refusing entry. 

You are almost certainly correct.....by the time I made it to Hollywood things were always a little blurry....

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

They really do have an amazing habit of shooting themselves in the foot.

OR, they really do know how to enjoy themselves without farangs being around. I don't see the foot shooting here; they just don't want to mingle with farang.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

OR, they really do know how to enjoy themselves without farangs being around. I don't see the foot shooting here; they just don't want to mingle with farang.

If that's the case, dont let them in. Make it Thai only.

19 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

As usual people have the choice if they want to go to that place.

I am sure many of their customers are happy that new Thailand arrivals are not allowed to enter.

Other than the first statement on the sign, the article doesn't say anything about applying strictly to new arrivals, it applies to ALL foreigners, whether you've been in country 5 minutes or 5 years!.

What's this all about? Vote with your feet and make sure you're not going there, simple as that. Please do not tell me, that this is the only nightclub in Thailand, in Bangkok or on Thonglor ......

Arrogant ignorance combined with racism - wraps up those pr1cks nicely. 

Don't get excited over such rubbish, seriously not worth it!