Trump fires defense secretary Esper in post-election reckoning after public policy clashes

webfact

Judging by the way the stock markets have reacted over the last couple of days, up, up, up and away, I couldn't give a rats a$$, just keep climbing, Trump, Biden, who cares, politicians are all in it for themselves and if anyone thinks any different they need their heads read, as for me, I am up front about it, it's about me, me and me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, luckyluke said:

If I understand correctly,  there is no official winner till a certain date;

but historically it is accepted as such, nationally and internationally, when the results are proclaimed. 

Just a bit of history. Trump when he won the Electoral College vote in 2016 became the 5th man to occupy the WhaiteHouse without receiving the majority of the popular vote. The previous one was George Bush and involved "hanging chads" in Florida, as I recall. The three previous to Bush were all in the 1800s.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I actually think it could be much more serious than that. While I don't think he will be able to cling onto power defying the awesome credibility of Biden's win in both the electoral college tally and popular votes, from Mr. Trump's POV this is his entire world crashing in around him.

His presidency. 

His massive power.

The adoring crowds of fans enjoying his rallies of worship for he who always wins.

Doesn't work for a loser.

His family business. 

His family brand. 

His fortune. Debts called in that he can't pay.

His very freedom in the need to possibly face multiple felony criminal charges without the shield of the presidency.

Yes in my opinion we're  at risk of the entire country being torn apart for the self interest of one toxcally narcissistic man. Civil wars have been started for less.

Hey Jingthing - I think you forgot one - His wife.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, webfact said:

"Dismissing politically appointed national security leaders during a transition is a destabilizing move that will only embolden our adversaries and put our country at greater risk," Smith said.

I dont care about national security, what about ME??

12 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Biden hasn't won, IMO, till the electoral college says he has and congress announces it.

https://apnews.com/article/when-do-electoral-votes-need-to-be-in-970e6b8c8474c77ac6ab4fb0d56caa5b

Electoral College electors in each state don’t vote until Dec. 14. The electors’ votes typically align with the popular vote in each state. But not all states require the votes cast by electors to mirror the popular vote. Certificates recording the electoral vote results in each state must be received by the president of the Senate and the archivist no later than Dec. 23.

The official results of the electoral votes are sent to the new elected Congress, which is set to meet in a joint session on Jan. 6, 2021, and announce the results.

To quote Republicans for four years of the rhetoric "Get over it"

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PattayaJames said:

This would be part of the uniting and healing that we are hearing so much about then. 

You are trying desperately to find some sort of antagonism, gloating or derogatory statements (possibly as a reflection of your own behavious over the last 4 years) but are struggling to do so. As far as I can see, the vast majority of Biden fans (or anti-Trump people) posting on this site have just expressed relief and gratitude that the nightmare of the last 4 years is finally over and no amount of you trying to stir up an argument is going to change that.

Jingthing only commented that getting fired by Trump may not do a persons career too much harm (a very valid point). That's all. Nothing too harsh, nothing particularly upsetting but you are infering in a particiularly sarcastic manner that this is somehow not 'uniting and healing'.

Let it go. Please.

Edited by johnnybangkok
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, PattayaJames said:

Absolute tosh.

The knives are very much out for Trump and his supporters.

For Trump perhaps (he has got a lot to answer for after all) but not neccessarily his supporters. There's a realisation that over 70 million Americans still thought he was the best bet for another 4 years and that has to be addressed at some point. That realisation will require careful thought and understanding as you can't write off 70 million people as all right wing conspiracy theorists and red-knecks.

It would help though if people like yourself were not quite so sensative to any justifiable criticism and also understand that your man has indeed lost and it's now time to move on.

28 minutes ago, PattayaJames said:

Not necessarily his supporters. Oh your too forgiving.

So sorry for being too sensitive to your justifiable criticisms. 

After the last 4 years, you now want sweetness and light. You are deluded.

At least you know you lost.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1