'Nothing's going to stop' transition of power in U.S., Biden says

webfact

3 hours ago, earlinclaifornia said:

.Supreme Court ruled on this already this year. I know you admit to knowing little but on a positive note living in this conspiracy, fantasy land is refreshing laugh.

I'm not really trying to create conspiracy or fantasy, I am trying to make sense of what is, to me as an outsider, a very confusing situation.

Mr Trump is throwing lawsuits around like a confetti canon. He keeps demanding recounts. He (or at least his advisers) must be aware that he really hasn't got the slightest chance of changing the outcome of the election through the courts or recounts. Why is he doing it? The only realistic  outcome may be to delay or interfere with the Electoral College  process. Now why do that? Is he just being spiteful, acting as the "dog in the manger", or does he, or his advisers, think that they may be able to influence the outcome of a disrupted Electoral College vote?

I ask because I honestly don't know if that is possible, some things I have read hint that it is. You tell us that the Supreme Court has ruled on this already this year - could you either summarise or give me a link - I don't doubt you but I would like to know more!

7 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

I'm not really trying to create conspiracy or fantasy, I am trying to make sense of what is, to me as an outsider, a very confusing situation.

Mr Trump is throwing lawsuits around like a confetti canon. He keeps demanding recounts. He (or at least his advisers) must be aware that he really hasn't got the slightest chance of changing the outcome of the election through the courts or recounts. Why is he doing it? The only realistic  outcome may be to delay or interfere with the Electoral College  process. Now why do that? Is he just being spiteful, acting as the "dog in the manger", or does he, or his advisers, think that they may be able to influence the outcome of a disrupted Electoral College vote?

I ask because I honestly don't know if that is possible, some things I have read hint that it is. You tell us that the Supreme Court has ruled on this already this year - could you either summarise or give me a link - I don't doubt you but I would like to know more!

You're not alone. I reckon the vast majority of Americans don't understand all the complexities of this either. That's because these issues are very arcane and basically have nothing to do with any kind of normal election and normal transition of power.

But because of the nature of Mr. Trump and his bizarre actions in the wake of obviously losing this election, all of his possible angles are worth considering.

This article covers a lot of that territory and certainly should not been as encouraging to fans of Mr. Trump.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/nov/11/can-donald-trump-stay-in-office-second-term-president-coup

Can Trump actually stage a coup and stay in office for a second term?

11 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgov/2020/07/14/supreme-courts-faithless-electors-decision-validates-case-for-the-national-popular-vote-interstate-compact/

2 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

11 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

Trump is a very small man and he is those terrible aspects you just alluded to. I posted the news on the Supreme Court and our post from Jingthing tells more details

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/nov/11/can-donald-trump-stay-in-office-second-term-president-coup

• Like 1

Flinging accusations and opinions solve nothing . The US has a constitution and laws that have guided it for many years . Media  can’t control your thinking unless you let it , believe nothing they say and only little of what you see . This election mess has happened before and will continue to happen , don’t be drawn in by the dark side they will just use you to serve their perpose then step on you .

• Sad 1

It is to laugh:

Trump bureaucrat blocking Biden transition team is job hunting

Emily Murphy, the General Services Administrator, apparently sees the writing on the wall, despite her head-in-the-sand effort to curry favor with Trump by denying the reality of Biden’s win.

ABC News reported Monday that Murphy has privately sent messages to acquaintances enquiring about job opportunities in 2021...

Murphy has the formal power to decide — or “ascertain” in bureaucratic language — that the election is done and dusted.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/us-elections-government/ny-election-transition-biden-gsa-20201116-azyo3q72tvfshbmd5kc7kdj2qu-story.html

• Haha 1

On 11/17/2020 at 8:25 AM, placeholder said:

I know what you mean. Trump's accusations of election fraud are nonsense. Why are they even being reported by the media?

I guess because he's still the president until January 20. What any president does, no matter how noxious, is still news.

That said, Twitter should ban Mr. Trump the moment President Elect Biden is inaugurated. 

On 11/17/2020 at 6:25 PM, placeholder said:

It is to laugh:

Trump bureaucrat blocking Biden transition team is job hunting

Emily Murphy, the General Services Administrator, apparently sees the writing on the wall, despite her head-in-the-sand effort to curry favor with Trump by denying the reality of Biden’s win.

ABC News reported Monday that Murphy has privately sent messages to acquaintances enquiring about job opportunities in 2021...

Murphy has the formal power to decide — or “ascertain” in bureaucratic language — that the election is done and dusted.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/us-elections-government/ny-election-transition-biden-gsa-20201116-azyo3q72tvfshbmd5kc7kdj2qu-story.html

Or to cry. He's making this transition as painful and perilous as possible. There are no words of condemnation strong enough to fit this president in this time. 

On 11/12/2020 at 2:01 PM, Silurian said:

It looks like even the official White House Gift Shop recognizes that Biden will be the next US President.

Anyone use Twitter willing to send the pic to Trump ... I'll get the popcorn to watch the meltdown ????????

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Average man said:

During the last debate biden said he would not claim victory till all the votes were in and certified but a week later(before the votes were counted) he was claiming victory . Now which Biden do you believe ? 

He did do that in response to a question which did say certified but it's irrelevant. On reflection it was kind of a trick question. Presidential candidates always declare victory after the elections are called by the media, well before certification. Joe Biden did win and he is the president elect. I believe in NUMBERS. 

Edited by Jingthing

Trump only has himself to blaim. 

If he handled the Corona virus a bit better he would have won again without problems. 

Just sad that the Americans now have to deal with a president that most likely  have to give up the seat within 4 years, so I hope Harris is the right choice. 

Personally I think it should have been a choice between Pence and Harris.  Both seems more suited for the job than Trump/Biden. 

In the meantime it will be interesting to ser what a Trump do the next few months.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Average man said:

During the last debate biden said he would not claim victory till all the votes were in and certified but a week later(before the votes were counted) he was claiming victory . Now which Biden do you believe ? 

I guess because Trump didn't swear to anything similar it's okay that he claimed victory on election night and declared much of the election fraudulent.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I guess because Trump didn't swear to anything similar it's okay that he claimed victory on election night and declared much of the election fraudulent.

Mr. Trump has never even committed to a peaceful transition of power. 

51 minutes ago, MaxYakov said:

FACT

In a press conference, Rudy Giuliani and Sidney Powell from President Trump’s legal team comment on the latest revelations in investigations into election day ‘irregularities’ and other phenomena that took place at sites during the presidential election match-up between Trump and Democratic nominee Joe Biden. Approx. 52 minutes in duration, dated November 19th, 2020 (the version I watched).

END FACT

OPINION

A video recording of the press conference can probably be located by means of one's favorite search engine.????

END OPINION

Is that the press conference held at the in front of the garage of Four Season landscaping company between a mortuary and sex shop. As Biden say “come on man” be serious. Many reporters simply walk away after hearing him rambled incoherently.

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/as-it-happens-monday-edition-1.5795271/four-seasons-total-landscaping-presser-was-chaotic-confusing-and-a-bit-surreal-says-reporter-1.5795402

• Like 1

On 11/20/2020 at 5:31 AM, MaxYakov said:

FACT

In a press conference, Rudy Giuliani and Sidney Powell from President Trump’s legal team comment on the latest revelations in investigations into election day ‘irregularities’ and other phenomena that took place at sites during the presidential election match-up between Trump and Democratic nominee Joe Biden. Approx. 52 minutes in duration, dated November 19th, 2020 (the version I watched).

END FACT

OPINION

A video recording of the press conference can probably be located by means of one's favorite search engine.????

END OPINION

She is so far along the spectrum even Trump has dumped her.......keep trying.

Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 06.52.34.png

• Thanks 2