Irish PM says on Brexit: Biden wants a deal so Johnson should knuckle down

snoop1130

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Well yes, those pesky human rights abuses.

Dublin has Biden’s ear, a political reality London needs to learn to live with.

I agree that Dublin does have Biden's ear but wouldn't it be nice for America to STAY OUT of meddling in other countries?  I mean USA never meddles like Russia right? 

We don't need Biden's advice on NI having lived with it since God knows when. We have peace, we even talk with Sinn Fein etc. Personally I'd like to see a united Ireland and I don't think UK has any real right to be there - that aside - the history is long and rumbling and difficult but we don't need US teaching us about the problem.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Well Johnson needs to.

Shall we pretend Biden’s election hasn’t pulled the rug from under Brexiteer ideas the ‘Anglosphere’ with’easy deals’ from Trump or shall we face the new political reality?

Every 'political reality' is temporary, as you know. Harold was right that "5 minutes is a long time in politics"

Ireland’s economy is considered the most vulnerable EU member to an unruly British exit due to its close trade links and Dublin set aside a similar amount a year ago when the initial withdrawal negotiations went to the wire

Ireland must set aside one billion euros for no-deal Brexit - minister

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-ireland-idUKKBN25X0AB

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Well Johnson needs to.

Shall we pretend Biden’s election hasn’t pulled the rug from under Brexiteer ideas the ‘Anglosphere’ with’easy deals’ from Trump or shall we face the new political reality?

Reality? What hits the headlines often contradicts the reality of discussions taking place.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2