Half of Republicans say Biden won because of a 'rigged' election: Reuters/Ipsos poll

webfact

On 11/20/2020 at 10:13 AM, Walker88 said:

Oh my! 45's "elite strikeforce team" (jenna ellis used the term to describe her and her colleagues) is not just incompetent, they're Keystone Kops incompetent.

In their affidavit they claim 'widespread voter fraud in Michigan', because they found townships and counties where the number of votes exceeded the number of registered voters.  There's just one problem: their 'researchers' mistook MN as the abbreviation for Michigan, when it's Minnesota. Michigan is MI.

Unlike Michigan, Minnesota allows same day registration, so in rural areas (where 45 won in Minnesota), people could register on Election Day and then vote. 45's team got the list of Registered Voters BEFORE Election Day, and again, for Minnesota, not Michigan. In those townships where voters exceeded the number of registered voters BEFORE Election Day, 45 won. So if they are arguing fraud (it isn't, because same day registration is allowed in Minnesota) the fraudulent votes ended up for 45.

That is just embarrassingly bad 'research'. Their 'righteous indignation' is really just their own idiocy.

Earlier, when 45's team first announced 'proof' of voter fraud in Georgia, they claimed the number of total votes in Georgia exceeded the population. The problem here was that they Googled "Population of Georgia", and Google returned the population numbers for the nation of Georgia, the one that borders Russia, which has 3.7 million people vs the US State of Georgia which has over 10 million.

Shameful idiocy.

The Trump "Legal Team" screwups are so crazy amateur you couldn't make this stuff up. But then Trump could say the moon is made of cheese and at least half of Republicans would believe it true. It's all just another scam. Trump is  soliciting money for a defence fund that is going into a PAC for himself and to the RNC. A good portion of this cash will no doubt find it's way into Trump controlled businesses such as hotels.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oldhippy said:

half-of-republicans-say-biden-won-because-of-a-rigged-election

good!

That restores my faith in Americans: 80% of Americans accept that the election was not rigged.

Yes-that's certainly a kinder assessment of the current situation.

The most bizarre political imbroglio of the 21st century thus far....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

When you have such a large percentage of the population that believes in at least two different sets of facts about most everything... I think the American 'Empire' is doomed... it is only a matter of time before America as we have known it in the past is no more.

I think that I agree with that....the complete rejection of the principles of the Enlightenment including science ,logic and rational thought replaced instead by a cult of Christian literalism/fundamentalism and the large scale belief in conspiracies (of many types) certainly indicates a fractured perception of the world which does not auger well for the future.

Calling democratic procedures into question by making endless spurious allegations without major supporting evidence is not helping things either.

As a major exercise in social media demagoguery I guess that we all have been warned....not to repeat the experiment again.

It reminds me of that scene in 'Inherit the Wind' about the Scopes "monkey" trial where the crowd marches up and down the street screaming..

"Give me that ol' time religion..

It was good enough for Moses..

..and it's good enough for me!"

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

I think that I agree with that....the complete rejection of the principles of the Enlightenment including science ,logic and rational thought replaced instead by a cult of Christian literalism/fundamentalism and the large scale belief in conspiracies (of many types) certainly indicates a fractured perception of the world which does not auger well for the future.

Calling democratic procedures into question by making endless spurious allegations without major supporting evidence is not helping things either.

As a major exercise in social media demagoguery I guess that we all have been warned....not to repeat the experiment again.

It reminds me of that scene in 'Inherit the Wind' about the Scopes "monkey" trial where the crowd marches up and down the street screaming..

"Give me that ol' time religion..

It was good enough for Moses..

..and it's good enough for me!"

Did the crowd understand that the "ol' time religion' of Moses was Judaism?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

Did the crowd understand that the "ol' time religion' of Moses was Judaism?

You will have to ask American Christian Fundamentalists that,don't you think?

I very am sure that you are familiar with the Scopes "monkey" trial...as this anti-science movement has been going on for a very long time.

Which is why I agreed with the previous poster about the fractured,dualistic nature of US culture on so many levels.

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Thanks 1