Jump to content

Pattaya: High Speed Rail taking shape - nearly one billion baht compensation sums discussed


webfact

Recommended Posts

Pattaya: High Speed Rail taking shape - nearly one billion baht compensation sums discussed

 

6pm.jpg

Graphic: Sophon Cable TV

 

Plans for the High Speed Train from Bangkok to Pattaya are moving forward.

 

Bang Lamung district office chief Amnat Charoensri chaired a meeting on Tuesday to discuss compensation for the loss of land, buildings and perennial plants to make way for the High Speed Train service.

 

The "three airport" service that is expected to begin in five years will comprise ten stations linking Don Muang, Suvarnabhumi and U-Tapao. It is 220 kilometers long and the top speed of trains will be 250 kmph.

 

The 224 billion baht project that is a collaboration between the state railway authority and the private sector was agreed in October of last year. There will be ten stations with the route passing through Si Racha and Pattaya. 

 

The meeting on Tuesday decided compensation in the sum of 8.7 million baht for 14,561 perennial plants (mainly trees) on 138 plots.

 

The compensation for 178 buildings that will need to be removed is 236.2 million baht. 

 

The land compensation related to 221 plots on 204 rai comprising 715.4 million baht. 

 

Areas discussed included Na Klua, Nong Prue, Jomtien, Bang Saray, Phlu Ta Luang and Ban Chang in Rayong.

 

Sophon Cable TV in reporting the meeting called it a "crystallization" of plans for the railway indicating that the scheme is now well on its way to becoming a reality. 

 

Source: Sophon Cable TV

 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-11-20
 
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Phuketshrew said:

Jesus ,they already have way too many accidents with the current trains travelling at 50 kmph.

 

Don't worry, it will be perfectly safe, the technology is Chinese :whistling:

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Crossy said:

 

Don't worry, it will be perfectly safe, the technology is Chinese :whistling:

If they build it the way they do in China, no problem, huge concrete "I" beams under the entire length, no subsidence, 350 Klms per hr and steady as a rock. 

I wonder what gauge they will choose? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rosst said:

I wonder what gauge they will choose? 

 

Standard gauge 4' 81/2" - 1,435mm, same as the ARL with whom it will share the alignment from Swampy in to town.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

They should call this line 'The Great White Elephant Line'

Exactly what they used to say about the BTS, used to sit around Soi 7 beer bar in the late 90s , all the usual experts telling you how it couldn't be done --and then when it was, telling you how no one would use it. Last time I was in BKK had a job to even get on it --so packed out.

 

Yep lets all have a good laugh at the Thai's maybe one day British rail might catch up with them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Traubert said:

The last and only accident, due to signalling.

My link was a reply to a poster praising the construction quality as it showed the collapse of a line and not so much about the accident which preceded it...........

Quote

Part of a high-speed railway line due to open in May between the Yangtze river cities of Wuhan and Yichang has collapsed after heavy rain, according to reports.

and 

Quote

Engineers working on some projects have complained of problems with contractors using inferior concrete or inadequate steel support bars. A report last week by the state-run magazine Time Weekly reported allegations that builders on another section of the same Wuhan-Yichang line may have compromised safety by substituting soil for rocks in the railway bed.

I also said it was 8 years ago 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sanuk711 said:

Exactly what they used to say about the BTS, used to sit around Soi 7 beer bar in the late 90s , all the usual experts telling you how it couldn't be done --and then when it was, telling you how no one would use it. Last time I was in BKK had a job to even get on it --so packed out.

 

Yep lets all have a good laugh at the Thai's maybe one day British rail might catch up with them.

The Eurostar (partly British built) has been going regularly since 1994 at 300kph.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, mrfill said:

The Eurostar (partly British built) has been going regularly since 1994 at 300kph.

Lets talk about the completely British projects (not ones that they were helped out with)---So how is that Hi speed rail to Birmingham...................:w00t:

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Lets talk about the completely British projects (not ones that they were helped out with)---So how is that Hi speed rail to Birmingham...................:w00t:

Its doing about as well as the high speed links in Thailand. Lots of people who happened to buy tracts of land along the route have made plenty of money (mission accomplished) courtesy of the UK taxpayer and whether the project gets completed is still in the lap of those who have no interest in trains.

The consortia building the first section are: SCS Railways (Skanska Construction UK - a Swedish company, Costain and STRABAG AG - a German company), so its not a completely British project anyway.

https://www.transportxtra.com/publications/local-transport-today/news/65163/get-building-hs2-contractors-told/

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mrfill said:

The consortia building the first section are: SCS Railways (Skanska Construction UK - a Swedish company, Costain and STRABAG AG - a German company), so its not a completely British project anyway.

 

So its going to be built by the Germans & the Swedes-------Brilliant.

 

I wonder if the Bookmakers would take a small wager on who would finish first.....BKK-.Pattaya/Rayong...Vs ...London/ Birmingham.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope it's all elevated.  A fence won't stop the locals from crossing the tracks (hell, they might well sell the fence!) and if they can regularly misjudge the speed of "normal" trains enough to have accidents, the thought of what a noodle cart on these tracks could do is frightening.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, DefaultName said:

I hope it's all elevated.  A fence won't stop the locals from crossing the tracks (hell, they might well sell the fence!) and if they can regularly misjudge the speed of "normal" trains enough to have accidents, the thought of what a noodle cart on these tracks could do is frightening.

 

the entire line through the cities will be elevated, most likely through the countryside as well, no crossings, no possibility for noodle carts or wayward buffalo to wander onto the tracks.

 

expect to see something like this for the full route, except for the few km where it dives underground at the airports.

 

x846viaduct.jpg.pagespeed.ic.ESdHGclwoZ.

 

https://www.globalconstructionreview.com/sectors/why-china-can-build-high-speed-rail34socheaply7365/

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, webfact said:

nearly one billion baht compensation sums discussed

 

This compensation will be paid completely by the taxpayer, of course! Also the overpriced interest rates for the loans from China to build the rail, naturally!

 

All the profits later, however, will be the pocketed by the operator Charoen Pokphand and it's owners, who are together with a handful other families the "owners" of the country. As usual in Thailand, you can trust that they neither carry any risks nor any losses from the project. For them, it's like printing money.

 

The project is a win-win-win for the army generals in the government (they gain more wealth and watches), for the operator CP (they get all the profits later), and for China, which makes money from the interest rate and moreover makes the Thai people vassals by the huge debts accumulated by their corrupt government.

 

That's Thailand in the 21 century.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, webfact said:

compensation for the loss of land, buildings and perennial plants

All these were obtained by those in the know shortly before the plans were made public.  I'll bet lots of perennials have been planted too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, webfact said:

It is 220 kilometers long and the top speed of trains will be 250 kmph.

With 10 stations along the route..[ if averaged out is 22 miles between stations]  I'm guessing with the acceleration out of and braking at each station the top speed will hardly ever be reached.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

With 10 stations along the route..[ if averaged out is 22 miles between stations]  I'm guessing with the acceleration out of and braking at each station the top speed will hardly ever be reached.

will it stop at all stations....or just "fly" through.....???

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, tinca tinca said:

will it stop at all stations....or just "fly" through.....???

I guess it will be the same as most other countries---different times of the day etc. I used to take a workers train to London, only stopped at 4 of the 12 stations, different times  of the day it would service them all . When it gets into Pattaya it will connect with the Monorail that they are starting to build.

Red Line

Dolphin circle (Patthaya Nuea)
Thub Phraya intersection
Chom Thian
Eastern Region National Stadium

Purple Line

Thub Phraya intersection
Nong Prue

Yellow Line

Sri Racha
Pattaya
U-Tapao.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, hotchilli said:

With 10 stations along the route..[ if averaged out is 22 miles between stations]  I'm guessing with the acceleration out of and braking at each station the top speed will hardly ever be reached.

 

remember, this is just a media release, so sure, the top speed of the specific train model being purchased may be 250 kmh, but nobody said the trains would operate at that speed.

 

just for comparison,  the high-speed rail in hainan hits 250-ish on the straight runs, but on those long runs through sanya and haikou cities, it drops to 80 kmh.

 

IMG_7348.JPG.87e709986b46ba6c59db6bb091115edd.JPG

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChouDoufu said:

remember, this is just a media release, so sure, the top speed of the specific train model being purchased may be 250 kmh, but nobody said the trains would operate at that speed.

I agree, but the impression given is that this is the operating speed, which calculates the departure/arrival times and final destination estimates.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

I agree, but the impression given is that this is the operating speed, which calculates the departure/arrival times and final destination estimates.

 

it's all going to depend on where the line is placed.  out in the empty countryside, up to 250 kmh, but in populated areas max speed would be around 80 kmh.

 

we've got one spot on our line here with stops about 15 km apart between one small city and a very small town.  takes about 7 minutes between stops, hitting 200 kmh (for a few seconds) zooming over the rice fields and betelnut plantations.

 

68750402_Picture195.jpg.d96cf230c8a16df579f9be259e20202b.jpg

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

we've got one spot on our line here with stops about 15 km apart between one small city and a very small town.  takes about 7 minutes between stops, hitting 200 kmh (for a few seconds) zooming over the rice fields and betelnut plantations

Shame they didn't paint it green ^^

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...