How are the bars, restaurants, agogos, massage shops, gentleman clubs and any business doing during covid?

scubascuba3

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

He owned blue bar and orange bars, sold them only fat girls in there. I can't see bars in that street making money, more ego trip guys buying bars, exception is Triangle

My post wasn't too clear, but I was referring to Nick Dean owning Assienda. 

Bryan Flowers still has 20 bars closed on Soi 6 but nevertheless his wife is opening a new one on there later this month called Flirt.

• Like 1

On 3/4/2022 at 9:52 PM, jacko45k said:

I just heard of Windmill and one other, popped into a place in Jomtien other day, no sign whatsoever. As usual, many people making a fuss about nothing. 

My question is indeed if bars are still requiring ATK tests from customers.

it doesn’t matter why I want to know, or what happens if the test is positive, just asking for information, not more questions.

it sounds like the tests have mostly been abandoned.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Kink is re-opening on Friday 11 March....now that's a GoGo I'm willing to do an ATK for ????

That and Pandoras are the ONLY Gogos I'll ever bother with.  Let us know if the descending stage is still in operation.

• Like 1

For all the people assuming Pattaya is only busy on a week-end, counted 32 customers in soi 7 "Lovely Corner Bar' today at 12:30

All other beach road bars busy as well...not high season, but not bad either

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

For all the people assuming Pattaya is only busy on a week-end, counted 32 customers in soi 7 "Lovely Corner Bar' today at 12:30

All other beach road bars busy as well...not high season, but not bad either

How many Russians?? 

8 hours ago, VBF said:

That and Pandoras are the ONLY Gogos I'll ever bother with.  Let us know if the descending stage is still in operation.

I'm thinking they may open the doors to show downstairs from the Soi (like other GoGo) and keep upstairs as a hidden secret...well that's my hope anyway ???? 

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

Extending their happy hour to 7pm is going down well.

Haha didn't know it was 'happy hour' but was 65 baht a beer so makes sense

I liked that every time someone left they immediately disinfected the table and chairs ???? 

Edited by aussiexpat

4 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

I'm thinking they may open the doors to show downstairs from the Soi (like other GoGo) and keep upstairs as a hidden secret...well that's my hope anyway ???? 

If upstairs even opens..... we shall have to see what they have in mind. 

On 3/5/2022 at 12:50 PM, champers said:

My post wasn't too clear, but I was referring to Nick Dean owning Assienda. 

Bryan Flowers still has 20 bars closed on Soi 6 but nevertheless his wife is opening a new one on there later this month called Flirt.

20 bars on Soi 6 that have never re-opened.?? Did not realise. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Haha didn't know it was 'happy hour' but was 65 baht a beer so makes sense

It has always been a reasonable priced place for a day time beer, with a view, and a passing parade.

But a band used to start up at 6am. and the price of beer shot up to 90 baht.

As I said the extension to 7pm has gone down well with the sunset crowd.

On 3/4/2022 at 9:02 PM, scubascuba3 said:

I thought about that, dunno see how it pans out, personally I don't like sports bars where people go into zombie mode looking at screens. I don't know how popular the Den GC along the soi is, my guess is not really

From the video I saw HR is a sports bar downstairs, GC upstairs. Feels like a sausage fest college type scene downstairs with a bar and food, and people go upstairs for relief, then come back downstairs to hang with the guys again and "hi-5".

I don't like male oriented areas like this, like on one floor or area for example. Always feels kind of homo to me. You could always just go upstairs I guess and not hang out downstairs,

or you could hang out "mostly" downstairs, but I won't be around.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Like 1

It sounds like Pattaya is more or less the same as pre-Covid during March, not as crowded as high season, but not as dead as low season. The difference being that not so many bars are open, as before Covid.

For me, with so much Omicron in Thailand as well as some bars requiring ATK tests, I will stay away a bit longer.  I fled Thailand the first week of January, when Omicron hit Pattaya with a vengeance, but now Omicron is hitting everywhere in Thailand.

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

Haven't you realized yet that we are all going o catch covid, several times?  

It's not going to disappear off the planet.  

You can wait for restrictions to be removed, and that's fine, but if you are waiting for covid to disappear, you will never get back to Thailand. 

It's going to be in Thailand, and all around the world, forever.  

If you live somewhere where people wash their hands often your less likely to get it as much.

9 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

It sounds like Pattaya is more or less the same as pre-Covid during March, not as crowded as high season, but not as dead as low season. The difference being that not so many bars are open, as before Covid.

For me, with so much Omicron in Thailand as well as some bars requiring ATK tests, I will stay away a bit longer.  I fled Thailand the first week of January, when Omicron hit Pattaya with a vengeance, but now Omicron is hitting everywhere in Thailand.

Having just had Omicron I'd say it's nothing to fear unless vulnerable and all that, the hardest thing about it is isolating

10 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Other than Go-Go bars being closed..... (former GGBs that are open are not operating as GGBs, so that statement still applies.) In Pattaya area the places insisting on a Covid tests  are few and far between, and you can probably not be concerned.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I thought the 'experts' had decided it wasn't transferred by touch?

I have not heard that... I was initially surprised how touch was believed to be so important, in a society that hugs and kisses and touches mere friends and acquaintances... and we get coughed and sneezed and breathed upon.... but one has to accept the science.

9 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

I am not expecting Omicron to disappear, just diminish a bit from the current 100,000 cases a day in Thailand.

I see your point, but it could diminish to 0 cases a day, but that doesn't mean it's not out there.  You can still catch it. 

At what point will you put faith in your own body / health, and the vaccine, and start living with pre-covid freedom?