How are the bars, restaurants, agogos, massage shops, gentleman clubs and any business doing during covid?

scubascuba3

45 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Windmill yes, but I have been in Dollhouse quite a few time when it was quiet, Insomnia, 808, Ibar not on my list..... 

Pinups was packing them in at that time. 

Dollhouse was quiet early on but later much busier, lots of girls in there so I don't care if few customers, they seem happy with the money they make.

Pinup was very popular and packed i had a free girlfriend who worked there, i had to kick her out to go to work

Edited by scubascuba3

On 12/2/2020 at 8:54 AM, Pilotman said:

so remote payments online to prostitutes working abroad is considered 'charitable giving' nowadays is it?  That's even sadder. I am sure that these deluded punters could find more worthy causes for their cash. 

Whats it got to do with you what people do with their money?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I gave Walking St a shot last night, early, Dollhouse was meant to be open at 6, turns out it's 7, i went back after 7 and it was empty, no music, nothing, upstairs nothing. Windmill wanted you to take an ATK so i bypassed that. WS probably got better later with other agogos open but I won't be back until they open properly

That sounds like a report I got from a friend..... not really worth visiting when it is livelier around Buakhao. Perhaps go to Le Pub if there is some sporting event you want to catch. 

On 3/24/2022 at 9:10 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Nah, Walking st was doing well BC, mainly agogos and nightclubs, once they open properly and tourists are back normality on WS will be restored

IMO, that's the point. WS market is almost entirely tourists, whereas Bukhaou area including LK and Treetown are favoured by tourists and residents alike.

As i say....IMO

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Reports continue from bar customers who get infected by Omicron, it's still bad in Pattaya in the bars.

Reports posted where? The only one I see posting  these 'reports' is you without any source of where you got the info?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Reports posted where? The only one I see posting  these 'reports' is you without any source of where you got the info?

Do you really want links to the reports, or do you want to argue that there is no Omicron in Pattaya.

The reality is that all it takes is one infected customer in a bar to pass the virus around, even in an open shophouse bar. If you don’t believe that, I can’t help you.  The good news is that Omicron is infectious but mild, especially if you are fully vaccinated.  But, I am going to wait until the epidemic lessens before hitting the bars.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/25/2022 at 3:07 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Dollhouse was quiet early on but later much busier, lots of girls in there so I don't care if few customers, they seem happy with the money they make.

Pinup was very popular and packed i had a free girlfriend who worked there, i had to kick her out to go to work

If you don't mind me asking but exactly is a 'free girlfriend'?

It's not a term that I am used to.

5 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

D9EECA60-C7A1-4DCA-AC55-A73BE433CE4A.jpeg

Which bar customer wrote  this 

On 3/26/2022 at 8:53 PM, Danderman123 said:

Reports continue from bar customers who get infected by Omicron, it's still bad in Pattaya in the bars.

• Like 1

Spreading my wings, got out of Pattaya central.

Wombat & Kiwi Bar doing well in Jomtien (corner of beach rd and soi 9). Like all Aussie bars, ice cold beer. Also good food.

Only opened Oct 21, so proof new bars can do well in Pattaya ????

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Spreading my wings, got out of Pattaya central.

Wombat & Kiwi Bar doing well in Jomtien (corner of beach rd and soi 9). Like all Aussie bars, ice cold beer. Also good food.

Only opened Oct 21, so proof new bars can do well in Pattaya ????

Is that the old Richman Poorman site?

19 minutes ago, champers said:

Is that the old Richman Poorman site?

Owner said it was the old Wombat Bar site but said it was empty for 10 years before he got it

Even better story opening a 10 year closed bar and making it busy ????

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Owner said it was the old Wombat Bar site but said it was empty for 10 years before he got it

Atlantic Bar on 2nd Rd between Sois 3 & 4 has re-opened.

Open bars at the VIP Centre complex on Naklua Rd has increased from 3 open to 5; just one bar empty for now.

I just spent 3 weeks in Pattaya and Bangkok.  F Covid.  I was tested 4 times and came up negative every time even though I was bar hopping without a mask.  Stop scaring people.  You guys are worse than CNN.  Visit Thailand, have fun, and enjoy your life.      

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, cowboys2008 said:

I just spent 3 weeks in Pattaya and Bangkok.  F Covid.  I was tested 4 times and came up negative every time even though I was bar hopping without a mask.  Stop scaring people.  You guys are worse than CNN.  Visit Thailand, have fun, and enjoy your life.      

I,m sure plenty will when all the idiotic restrictions put in place are scrapped.....

• Like 2

I have noticed that Pattaya bars seem a bit quiet this week. Is it that people have left, or like me, are they staying home more in their aircon condo to avoid the heat?

I usually leave this time of year as March/April is just too hot and humid for me so easy to understand why this is considered low season 

Edited by aussiexpat

1 hour ago, aussiexpat said:

I have noticed that Pattaya bars seem a bit quiet this week. Is it that people have left, or like me, are they staying home more in their aircon condo to avoid the heat?

I usually leave this time of year as March/April is just too hot and humid for me so easy to understand why this is considered low season 

Imagine boring this forum for 2 years unable to get here, and now you're here you're staying indoors because it's too hot for you.  Yeah you're right, they've all come here at considerable expense and hassle to stay inside their hotel rooms.

You're a bit removed from reality.

5 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Typical transition from High Season to Low Season. After Songkran, Pattaya rolls over and dies. 

17 hours ago, cowboys2008 said:

Did you also not catch dengue, malaria nor dysentery? If not, I guess they do not exist either. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Perhaps why gentleman's clubs have gained in popularity, over open air bars, in recent times.  

I don't mind paying a bit extra for a/c, no dust, no motorbike noise, no mosquitos, no hawkers, no beggars etc, and a little privacy.  

• Like 1

On 3/31/2022 at 2:17 PM, cowboys2008 said:

Do you have and advice on the AIDS virus?   ????

cowboys 2008

you rolled the dice and got lucky. I arrived in pattaya on Tuesday. Healthy with no symptoms. The hotel pcr came back positive. I couldn't believe it. 5 days later i am aching everywhere with a horrible cold . It is not pretty 

• Sad 1