How are the bars, restaurants, agogos, massage shops, gentleman clubs and any business doing during covid?

scubascuba3

Guest Isaanlife
On 11/21/2020 at 6:24 AM, scammed said:

i saw a massage shop next to me lowered it to 100 now promotion, i am contemplating trying it out,

but i really dont like to try out new places when i finally found a place with effective massage, in my experience 90% is not worth the time let alone money,

its pure luck to find competence

Not worth $3?

Come on man!

Guest Isaanlife
On 11/21/2020 at 6:24 AM, scammed said:

i saw a massage shop next to me lowered it to 100 now promotion, i am contemplating trying it out,

but i really dont like to try out new places when i finally found a place with effective massage, in my experience 90% is not worth the time let alone money,

its pure luck to find competence

Not worth $3?

Come on man!

8 hours ago, Leaver said:

Next few weeks.  

Well known case of Phil from Le Pub having covid.  Who went to his bar, or who did he have lunch and / or a beer with, 2 weeks ago? 

Given the expat community mainly consists of retirees, the most vulnerable group, and with many of them not being in good health, some may not make it.     

You can only hope i guess. What is weird though is Phil had symptoms hence the daily tests, subsequently he said he had no symptoms

2 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

I've had that particular member on banned list for over a year so don't care what he says with his continuous Pattaya is doomed theme. The guy should just leave Pattaya if he keeps predicting the end of the world is coming lol 

Leaver has already left hence the bitterness and negativity, he denies that of course

• Like 2

On 12/30/2021 at 9:02 PM, scubascuba3 said:

I think agogos will be back ASAP, covid will be treated like the common cold eventually as it gets milder. Let's see who is right.

I think a restaurant\bar closure is coming very soon as covid is spreading quickly, maybe 1 weeks time

Yes the old law of supply and demand in relation to agogos. I agree that eventually it will be treated like the flu virus and hope that it is not too far away so that we can all get on with our lives.

Little did I know when I said goodbye to mrs Cow at the end of 2019 for a few months back in Oz that would stretch out to more than 2 years.

9 hours ago, Leaver said:

Shouldn't they be living their lives?  Isn't that what you suggested?

Are you suggesting for one to 'live their life' they must hang out in Soi Bukhow and Soi 6 areas? - wow!

9 hours ago, Leaver said:

but about the amount of hospitalizations.  

But there will be hardly any hospitalizations based on what's happened elsewhere in the world, i'm really confused you don't understand this????

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

You can only hope i guess. What is weird though is Phil had symptoms hence the daily tests, subsequently he said he had no symptoms

I hope everyone survives covid, but statistically that's improbable.  

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Are you suggesting for one to 'live their life' they must hang out in Soi Bukhow and Soi 6 areas?

If that's where there want to go, then yes.

16 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

But there will be hardly any hospitalizations based on what's happened elsewhere in the world, i'm really confused you don't understand this????

You are spreading misinformation, Harry.

Here's another link for you.

https://www.voanews.com/a/britain-johnson-says-omicron-surge-will-put-pressure-on-health-system/6380165.html

4 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

I've had that particular member on banned list for over a year so don't care what he says with his continuous Pattaya is doomed theme. The guy should just leave Pattaya if he keeps predicting the end of the world is coming lol 

I've never said Pattaya will fall in a hole, never to be seen again.  Pattaya has been hit hard by covid, as have other tourist destinations around the world.  It will take years for all the vacant commercial premises to be tenanted again, and some places didn't survive, like some beer bar complexes.  

Leaver has already left hence the bitterness and negativity, he denies that of course

I'm still here, scuba.

I didn't buy a property, didn't buy a bar, never had a Thai missus.  I have no financial or emotional ties to Thailand, hence, nothing to be bitter about.  I just call it as I see it.

As stated in the past, I am here for the sun, sea, sand, suds, seafood, and snatch.  Despite covid, I have still been able to get all of these in Pattaya and will continue to do so.  Life is good here.  ????  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Leaver said:

If that's where there want to go, then yes.

You are spreading misinformation, Harry.

Here's another link for you.

https://www.voanews.com/a/britain-johnson-says-omicron-surge-will-put-pressure-on-health-system/6380165.html

You're link mentioned nothing about hospitals being full or overwhelmed as you claim.

7 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

You're link mentioned nothing about hospitals being full or overwhelmed as you claim.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/dec/16/nhs-hospitals-in-england-94-full-before-start-of-omicron-surge

From the link.

"Hospitals in England are already 94% full, with four out of five critical care beds occupied, even before the spread of the Omicron variant of coronavirus has started to cause a big influx of patients."

"Record numbers of patients are having to be looked after by ambulance crews outside hospitals for long periods because A&Es do not have the staff or space for them to be offloaded."

"“However, with infection levels rising rapidly, trust leaders are increasingly clear that they are likely to see significant numbers of extra Covid-19 patients over the coming weeks."

Why do you think it will be different in Thailand?  

Edited by Leaver

I can't help but think Pattaya demise has been significantly overstated lol

I see 5 star bar on the beach is open and I'm currently having a beer at red cat bar at corner of beach and soi 8.  If these open air bars are open right next to the police station then everything is good ????

In fact every regular hang out I go to is open (except Retox), lucky me ????

3 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

I see 5 star bar on the beach is open and I'm currently having a beer at red cat bar at corner of beach and soi 8.  If these open air bars are open right next to the police station then everything is good ????

What's your definition of "demise?"  

3 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

But every complex leading up to that corner on soi 8 is a wasteland.

Just tried 2 bars on Buakhao both strict with wanting a ATK, went back to the condo for a drink instead

I've been to Robyn Hood, 5 star bar, Hooters, Irish Murphy's and Metro bar today, noone asked me for an ATK. Hooters did refuse to give me a beer though, they said only after 5 pm ????

Edited by aussiexpat

50 minutes ago, AdamJudd79 said:

Bryans business strategy and vision have so far been very successful. Bryan is also very flexible and will adjust with the marked. Very few have that keen sense of business as Bryan possess. He his unique. Highly successful and an earner $$. Tons of forum members donate to his bart via the web. Thanks to Harry Brown. Im sure NW will exist long after we have left this mortal coil. People will remember Bryan & NW in the same way as you remember Fridays ( TGI ) & Hooters. Im honored to work for him, to be part of this amazing adventure. I, as well,  will be remembered as a great man. He, Bryan, is a prince and Pattaya is his kingdom. Without Bryan there will be no Pattaya. Furthermore he is very wealthy based on his investments in crypto. Woman want him, men want to be him.

Come on down. See you on Soi 6. 

Hold the front page! Pattaya Mail exclusive!