COVID-19 in Thailand: Situation is under control, don’t believe fake news, says spokesman

webfact

6 hours ago, lordblackader said:

ThaiPBS is reporting that the government has ordered emergency health centers to open nationwide - that's not the sign of a government who thinks it's under control. 

I see that as a sign of a government that is very much in control.

As I said earlier: 'plan for the worst and hope for the best'. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, herwin1234 said:

Well said.

preparations BEFORE anything happens are a sign that everything is under control.

Thailand INDEED has fully proved that it can handle a pandemic very well.

WELL DONE THAILAND.

I just dont understand, whats wrong with all these negative cynical ppl, i guess its a combination of lack of selfesteem with a dosis of latent rascist feelings towards Thai people. But i dont wanna play psychiatrics now...

Tell the couple of million newly unemployed Thais just how well the government is doing.

I suppose you will put their misgivings down to lack of self esteem , cynicism and general negativety as well @!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand's principal Covid-19 spokesman has said that the country's health authorities have everything under control despite 14 cases of the disease - one transmitted to a health care worker in state quarantine.

Did you notice all the officials seem to be wearing masks now?

Hmmmm.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I see that as a sign of a government that is very much in control.

As I said earlier: 'plan for the worst and hope for the best'. 

If they were truly in control they would have put mass testing protocols in place long ago.

They would also have provided ample financial help to small businesses and individuals who have been critically impacted by this pandemic.

• Like 2

MB

why doesn’t thailand have a vaccine until May?

it’s because when you lack infrastructure, intel and resources for development, then you wait in line for handouts...you become totally dependent on the outside world...I knew it was all BS that Thai medical research was in a race for a vaccine...how about dealing with simple things like road infrastructure pollution POTWs clean water utility lines water safety etc....

thailand can’t compete with the post or tech industrial worlds...

their number came up in May courtesy of UK....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Surelynot said:

What's the panic?......I read the US news....isn't it all just a hoax?

yes and that's why Don's best friend, Giuliani, just got the "hoax"  virus.... karma does work on funny ways  555

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, joecoolfrog said:

If they were truly in control they would have put mass testing protocols in place long ago.

You mean like they did in South Korea? Have you seen what's happening there now?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

He repeated the mantra of masks, hand washing, social distancing, avoiding gatherings in enclosed spaces and the need for cleaning and using the Thai Chana tracing app.

Because it's under control, he explained.

But I agree, it's probably time to be cautious again, where are my N95 masks?

Edited by rabas

2 hours ago, natway09 said:

Nearly impossible to stop illegal crossings from Burma/Myanmar even with 16,000 border police.

No, that's wrong. All you need is a fence, video control and maybe other special "effects".

The Border between East and West Germany was not so long but on that some hundreds km very efficient. 

Just can look even near in Singapore

Edited by MayPutThai
addition of text
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, webfact said:

He urged people not to sneak into the country and said that if everyone played their part the country could look forward to a good end of year tourism period. 

That must be some good sh*t he's smoking..... 

1 hour ago, rabas said:

"why doesn’t thailand have a vaccine until May?  it’s because when you lack infrastructure, intel and resources for development.... "

-- Thailand is developing their own vaccine AND has arranged to manufacture Astrazenica's vaccine locally because they already have the infrastructure to do so and can thus jump the queue....

--  Thailand was the first country in the world outside China to genetically sequence the full genome and did so before China announced their genome sequence to the world. Thailand simply said, yep, that matches ours.

Vietnam was either told there was a problem or found out about it in November 2019. They started working on tests in early December last year.

1 hour ago, rabas said:

"why doesn’t thailand have a vaccine until May?  it’s because when you lack infrastructure, intel and resources for development.... "

-- Thailand is developing their own vaccine AND has arranged to manufacture Astrazenica's vaccine locally because they already have the infrastructure to do so and can thus jump the queue....

--  Thailand was the first country in the world outside China to genetically sequence the full genome and did so before China announced their genome sequence to the world. Thailand simply said, yep, that matches ours.

They also announced at least two different cures......not sure what happened to them,

5 hours ago, herwin1234 said:

Well said.

preparations BEFORE anything happens are a sign that everything is under control.

Thailand INDEED has fully proved that it can handle a pandemic very well.

WELL DONE THAILAND.

I just dont understand, whats wrong with all these negative cynical ppl, i guess its a combination of lack of selfesteem with a dosis of latent rascist feelings towards Thai people. But i dont wanna play psychiatrics now...

Hear hear