Foreign ministry: 20,000 foreign tourists a month set to come into Thailand

webfact

1 hour ago, robsamui said:

No wonder, then, they they keep making wild guesses about farangs, how much holiday time farangs have and how much money to spend - they don't have a clue about any of it.

They see many booze and sex tourists. Imagine in your home country very many Thais would behave like this. What would the people there think about Thais?! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

It seems to me, the only reason there are inane  statements, coming from various agencies etc in Thailand, coming out daily and hourly?......................................................................................................................................................................................................is to give us on this forum something to write and laugh about!! 

Im desperate to get back out there....No way will I go though, when there is a 2 weeks quarantine..........Realistically, "maybe" next Winter I "could" return.....In reality though ..Ive no idea!  Just the same as the buffoons giving out these ridiculous statements daily!   Lol!

Edited by welshguy
spelling

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

So all these tourists will be coming from the same place?

Seems odd.

It'll be a milk run.Pick up a few passengers in Brussels.A few more in Russia on and on until the plane is full.By the time it lands they'll have done the 14 day quarantine. Saves the cost of a hotel room too. 

• Haha 2

So, as of now - has anyone in Europe/US even managed to successfully apply for a special tourist visa or SETV or have the prospect of doing so in the near future? As far as I know applications are not being accepted from these areas at the present time? Even if we assume 20,000 people per month would be willing to come for a minimum stay of 45 days and spend the first 2 weeks of their trip in quarantine (a big assumption), it's meaningless unless visas are actually available. And then other questions remain....lack of scheduled flights, prohibitive insurance requirements etc. Too many ifs and buts.  

My view is that visas won't become available until vaccines are rolled out in the West and I suspect the quarantine requirement will remain in force until Thailand has completed its own vaccination program, given that it may be the case that a vaccinated individual can still be carrying the virus. 

Can't see any prospect of real movement for 6 months at least. I do need to get back and can afford to finance a long-term visit and am willing to jump the hurdles, including quarantine. Your average 2-3 week vacationer or backpacker isn't going to do so. 

Edited by MarkyM3
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, khunkarl said:

They see many booze and sex tourists. Imagine in your home country very many Thais would behave like this. What would the people there think about Thais?! 

I would imagine 50% of people involved in the sex acts here are Thai. Takes 2 to tango.

And most people in other countries already think this of Thai's. Unfortunately mud sticks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KamalaRider said:

Anyone believing Thailand has the Covid-19 under control is delusional. The virus is airborne,  just Google what type of complications that poses.

More nonsense being spouted. 

From WHO website:

Based on the available evidence, the COVID-19 virus is transmitted between people through close contact and droplets, not by airborne transmission. The people most at risk of infection are those who are in close contact with a COVID-19 patient or who care for COVID-19 patients.

1 hour ago, MarkyM3 said:

So, as of now - has anyone in Europe/US even managed to successfully apply for a special tourist visa or SETV or have the prospect of doing so in the near future? As far as I know applications are not being accepted from these areas at the present time? Even if we assume 20,000 people per month would be willing to come for a minimum stay of 45 days and spend the first 2 weeks of their trip in quarantine (a big assumption), it's meaningless unless visas are actually available. And then other questions remain....lack of scheduled flights, prohibitive insurance requirements etc. Too many ifs and buts.  

My view is that visas won't become available until vaccines are rolled out in the West and I suspect the quarantine requirement will remain in force until Thailand has completed its own vaccination program, given that it may be the case that a vaccinated individual can still be carrying the virus. 

Can't see any prospect of real movement for 6 months at least. I do need to get back and can afford to finance a long-term visit and am willing to jump the hurdles, including quarantine. Your average 2-3 week vacationer or backpacker isn't going to do so. 

I agree with this assessment.

• Like 1