Phuket officials push events to support tourism

snoop1130

Phuket officials push events to support tourism

1607593656_1-org.jpg

Phuket officials are hoping a slew of events will help boost tourism to the island as the COVID economic crisis continues. Screenshot: PR Phuket

PHUKET:-- Phuket officials have announced a slew of events and sport competitions to be held on the island in the hope of attracting tourists to Phuket over the long weekend today through Sunday (Dec 10-13).

Among the events to be held is the ‘Thong Fah on the Beach & Seafood Festival” on Patong Beach, organised by Patong Municipality together with the Phuket office of the Ministry of Commerce, Phuket Vice Governor Phichet Panaphong explained at a press conference broadcast yesterday (Dec 9).

Joining Vice Governor Phichet were Sport Association of Phuket President Thammawat Wongcharoenyot and Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) Phuket Office Deputy Director Montri Manator.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-officials-push-events-to-support-tourism-78277.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-12-10

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Phuket officials have announced a slew of events and sport competitions to be held on the island in the hope of attracting tourists to Phuket over the long weekend today through Sunday (Dec 10-13).

Egg and spoon race, tug of war, sack race, three legged race, the wheelbarrow, pin the tail on the donkey.....

Edited by RichardColeman
  • Haha 1

This below is from the original article. Great idea. I think an unforgettable experience to enjoy the beauty of the old buildings at nighttime in whatever dress. 

We will start the new year with ‘The 7th Phuket Night Run’ on Jan 9. Runners can wear anything as fancy as they want,” he added, noting the event’s appeal to people just joining for fun.

“The route will pass through the Phuket Old Town area, where runners can enjoy the beauty of old buildings during the nighttime,” Mr Montri said.

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Among the events to be held is the ‘Thong Fah on the Beach & Seafood Festival” on Patong Beach, organised by Patong Municipality together with the Phuket office of the Ministry of Commerce,

On behalf of the few remaining  restaurants that are trying to stay open, may I say a big thank you to Patong Municipality and the Ministry of Commerce for taking away what very few customers that are in town. Thanks

45 minutes ago, bloodyholly said:

On behalf of the few remaining  restaurants that are trying to stay open, may I say a big thank you to Patong Municipality and the Ministry of Commerce for taking away what very few customers that are in town. Thanks

ever hear of sharing??  are weekend specials once a month in patong really going to kill ya?
from what i see, plenty of customers ( minus the farangs) in Phuket town

On 12/11/2020 at 6:01 AM, RichardColeman said:

Egg and spoon race, tug of war, sack race, three legged race, the wheelbarrow, pin the tail on the donkey.....

Women's Volleyball on the beach always goes down well with me

On 12/13/2020 at 10:01 AM, ChipButty said:

Women's Volleyball on the beach always goes down well with me

I was watching womens' volleyball recently but unfortunately after 5 minutes there was a wrist injury.  I think I will be recovered by the the weekend though.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/11/2020 at 6:42 AM, Oldie said:

This below is from the original article. Great idea. I think an unforgettable experience to enjoy the beauty of the old buildings at nighttime in whatever dress. 

We will start the new year with ‘The 7th Phuket Night Run’ on Jan 9. Runners can wear anything as fancy as they want,” he added, noting the event’s appeal to people just joining for fun.

“The route will pass through the Phuket Old Town area, where runners can enjoy the beauty of old buildings during the nighttime,” Mr Montri said.

Its should say "wear anything as long as it is see through" and it will be more people participate and onlookers will line the route from start to finish????