New 100 banknotes caused confusion among Thais

One can easily see why there is a confusion between the 100 and the 1000 baht notes, Thailand is a prolific coins and banknotes issuer with dozens of new coins, mostly comparatives, comes into the market every year, usually it is easy to distinguish one denomination from the others, not sure what happen this time...

54 minutes ago, LALes said:

I can see where the confusion lies. The new hundred Baht note is more gold and brown than red. It looks more like a thousand Baht note.

In a taxi with a blue ceiling lamp. So not change there?

38 minutes ago, Stevemercer said:

I wish Thailand would rationalise the currency. Replace 20 Baht notes with coins, and get rid of satang coins and 1 baht coins

And that is how you end up with inflation,,,, and price rounding up. Experienced that with UK decimalisation! ALL prices increased. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

As I've commented a while ago,  WHY is the note's denomination no longer printed at the TOP of the note.....as it used to be and IS on any other country's bank notes that I have seen/used.

When you look in your wallet it's the TOP of the note you see....not the bottom or the colour!

Please correct me if I'm wrong. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Clearly the 1,000 notes will not be dispensable without some major technical upgrades.

So I don't think it will be a case of larger wallets. Rather it will be fatter ones. They can't possibly be dumping the standard sized 1,000 note. Imagine pulling 30,000 THB out in 100s!

I thought 20,000B was the maximum. But the 1000 Baht being bigger I'll head I new wallet which could leave  many shops unable to sell the standard one of the moment.