Mahidol University student wins Miss Thailand title

webfact

Mahidol University student wins Miss Thailand title

By THE NATION

800_67d9e8f98f39b2c.jpg?v=1607909961

Natthaphat "May" Phongpraphan, a 27-year-old student of geosciences at Mahidol University (Kanchanaburi campus), was named 52nd Miss Thailand at the Chiang Mai International Exhibition and Convention Centre on Sunday night.

212844.jpg

Besides a cash prize of Bt1 million, the winner also received a diamond tiara, a decorated baton, as well as a scholarship until doctoral level provided by University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce, worth a total of Bt2.5 million.

212845.jpg

The new Miss Thailand also will serve as a cultural ambassador to promote Thailand’s image and its tourism to international audiences.

212852.jpg

212856.jpg

212851.jpg

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30399551

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-12-14

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

She is quite beautiful. And happy to see she has darker skin, and not the pasty Casper look. That kind of thing is good for the culture. Anything that allows the Thai people to envision a concept of beauty that does not feature "ultra white" is healthy and good for the nation.

Is she quite beautiful? Or is her plastic surgeon very skilled?

An even better thing for Thai culture would be to promote Thai nose & chin shapes and Thai breast sizes.

Slapping on some plastic and stuffing your chest with silicone to change your appearance is not beauty. Its surgery.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

Is she quite beautiful? Or is her plastic surgeon very skilled?

An even better thing for Thai culture would be to promote Thai nose & chin shapes and Thai breast sizes.

Slapping on some plastic and stuffing your chest with silicone to change your appearance is not beauty. Its surgery.

More  like extreme  vanity.

51 minutes ago, Natai Beach said:

That is a very deep concept Mike. It is only a beauty contest, healthy and good for the nation might be stretching it a bit. 

I think the Thais know what they are doing as regards to beauty, they won the world version last year by putting up the best candidate Sireethorn “Bint” Leearamwat who won Miss International 2019. But I am sure they appreciate you valuable opinion on what they should do. 

I realize beauty is in the eye of the beer holder, but one thing that has grossed me out over the last decade is the USA pushing the “real women” concept. They seem to push the theory that only fat girls are real and slim and petite  are somehow not real. it is pretty offensive.
It isn’t healthy having a big flabby azz and the US is suffering an obesity crisis.

Personally I have always considered large backsides a deal breaker and something to be avoided but the USA has been going to extremes with many now getting silicone implants in the azz.

And music videos from the USA seem to glorify this unhealthy trend flapping and bouncing away their obese cellulite azzes.

Kim Kardashian etc is seen as a role model. Strange 

Give me the healthy Thai beauties any day.

CDD86422-C0D8-448A-9602-324C48823885.png.ee010f4904f4ca56aa0e57b418e43780.png

I also like my women slim, but as a mate of mine once said, he likes his women big, the bigger the better, and asked me why I thought he always had lots of flour around at his place, I said why and his reply was, well I'll let you work that one out as I don't want to get canned again on TVF ????

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

Why are they wearing skin color stocking? is there anything wrong with their legs or is it out of 'modesty'?...

they are all "bleached" skin thus the need for stockings.... the winner looks like she may had size upgrade as well (photos 4 &5), silicone is of good help, look at the top, they look extra big and round 555

Edited by Mavideol

8 minutes ago, Traubert said:

So many jealous kennel raiders here.

Indeed, each and every time there is a thread about a beauty contest the same unimaginative and predicable comments crop up:

-       Comment about Pasty white skin

-       Comment about not being representative of ‘real Thailand’

-       Comment about plastic surgery (boobs, Chin)

-       Comment about terrible nose job

There are also some complimentary comments, but most of the negative comments are from guys who for some reason turn their noses up, whereas in reality they’d poop their pants if such attractive women so much as looked in their direction. 

The reality is more likely that most of these posters expressing such negative comments have so little ‘game’ they would never stand a chance with such an attractive and financially independent lady, instead their mind has somehow been brainwashed into thinking the women they have access to in the beer-bar are more beautiful much to the bemusement of regular Thai folk (and some foreigners). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I also like my women slim, but as a mate of mine once said, he likes his women big, the bigger the better, and asked me why I thought he always had lots of flour around at his place, I said why and his reply was, well I'll let you work that one out as I don't want to get canned again on TVF ????

Rolling them in flour is the only way to find the ...

Despite all the promoting of “real women” I have never seen any of them win a beauty contest.

You mate would have plenty to choose from.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, 2long said:

To be honest, she's not my favourite in that group of five and I prefer the furthest to the viewer's right.

That's just my opinion, not a fact or anything. ????

I totally agree with you, all of the other four looked better in my opinion, I would have voted on all 30. I don't think the other 29 would have any objections. ???????? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Natai Beach said:

Your mate would have plenty to choose from.

Funny thing is, years later he ended up marrying a Thai who, get ready for it, who weighed in at 50kg....lol, I suppose love works in mysterious ways, no doubt he would be saving on the flour, big time.