Thailand and Covid: It's NOT a second wave - enjoy your New Year travel plans

webfact

Thailand and Covid: It's NOT a second wave - enjoy your New Year travel plans

7pm.jpg

A deputy at Thailand's infectious diseases department has pooh-poohed press suggestions that the country was experiencing a second wave of Covid. 

Dr Khajornsak Kaewjaras said the recent cases were just a few who had dodged the system and had not come from quarantine arrangements. 

Thailand has been jittery in recent days after workers returned illegally from Myanmar and sparked a number of cases throughout Thailand.

Dr Khajornsak said that people could have confidence in the authorities and enjoy their New Year holidays wherever they choose in Thailand. 

All provinces could be visited, no problem. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-12-14

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

All should be revealed in the next two weeks, give the virus time to incubate after the long holiday weekend and see how many cases there are by, say, Christmas. I sincerely hope that Dr Kaewjaras is correct in what he's saying. And a very merry Christmas to one and all, I hope!

• Like 1

Better to be safe than sorry. Concentrate on  vaccination before it is too late. Many countries now suffering a second wave far worse than the first so far Thailand has been lucky with few reported cases but the viras is still very much alive and kicking 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Dr Khajornsak Kaewjaras said the recent cases were just a few who had dodged the system and had not come from quarantine arrangements. 

Well Dr Khajornsak. it doesn't matter how these infections occurred, the fact is that there are new infections INSIDE Thailand, and that is how a wave starts.

If difficult to understand to you, google multiplying

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Susco said:

Well Dr Khajornsak. it doesn't matter how these infections occurred, the fact is that there are new infections INSIDE Thailand, and that is how a wave starts.

If difficult to understand to you, google multiplying

Whatever, I like this guy.

• Confused 1

Thai have gotten accustomed to the dangers of traffic and the related death toll. They need some more years and covid is another mai bphen rai. I already see more and more Thai visiting the local market in my Tambol not wearing a face mask.

Edited by hugocnx
  • Like 1

Feel free to plan your holidays folks and be sure to include 14 days of expensive quarantine; meanwhile the government is in direct contact with Coroni and he will respect borders, weekends, deadlines, curfews and overall, he promises to be a nice cooperative little virus.

1 hour ago, hugocnx said:

Thai have gotten accustomed to the dangers of traffic and the related death toll. They need some more years and covid is another mai bphen rai. I already see more and more Thai visiting the local market in my Tambol not wearing a face mask.

Agreed.................most of the best practices are falling by the wayside everywhere. 

8 hours ago, webfact said:

24 is not a few, probably all infected patients ( euphanism for street walkers) who the decided on their return to have a jolly up at clubs and bars then spend a little of their hard earned cash visiting shopping malls. But sleep easy my bretheren the Thais have everybody they could have infected on record although that is now over 7 provinces. ????

15 hours ago, webfact said:

Dr Khajornsak said that people could have confidence in the authorities and enjoy their New Year holidays wherever they choose in Thailand. 

Confidence?  Who to believe?  Saturday's Big Mountain Festival at Khao Yai went ahead but was then ordered to close and not open on Sunday by the Nahkon Ratchasima governor - many went home.  Then Anutin stepped in and said it could go ahead.......................I don't see how anyone can have confidence with that sort of messaging.

Its much the same as here in the UK, a lockdown is ordered at very short notice - that in itself is understandable but during the latest lockdown, people were ordered not to go abroad on holidays that they had already booked.  Now people here are very hesitant in booking anything.

(Whether anyone actually obeyed that order or not is another matter. I know that if I'd obtained a COE and had my flights and ASQ booked to visit my Mrs, I would have been going)

13 hours ago, SupermarineS6B said:

Yeah let's all hide under the bed till the nasty monster goes ..........

Why is it that you idiots only see the world in black and white?

Instead of being careful so you don’t end up sick, or worse, infecting someone who might die, which takes minimal effort to be a decent human being, your only solution is to run and hide.

It’s truly no wonder you flunked out of whatever hole you came from and landed in Thailand.