U.S. Electoral College close to formally confirming Joe Biden's win

webfact

1 hour ago, Tie Dye Samurai said:

If you have ever lived in Texas, this is not terribly unusual to see but is usually not taken seriously or proposed by somebody in office. Since Texas used to be its own country, for better or worse it absolutely does have a unique perceived identity about itself within the populace. If you ever want to advertise something in Texas....just tell everybody it is "Texas Big", "Texas Sized", "Texas Tough" or whatever attribute you want to assign to it. 

Will "Texas Stupid" work as well?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, jvs said:
11 hours ago, riclag said:

So it appears the next important dates in the process are   January 6 and the 20th! 

You seem to be the only die hard Trumper left, the others have gone quiet.

Sooner or later you too have to deal with reality, will you ever accept that Biden has won?

You cannot change the truth. However, the truth can change you if you accept reality.

Joe won. Embrace it, become one with it. Look back at all the things that were said to Clinton supporters and repeat them to yourself.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, placeholder said:

It's definitely over for Trump. His "bestie" has just congratulated Biden.

Putin Congratulates Joe Biden On U.S. Election Victory – Kremlin

Russian President Vladimir Putin on Tuesday congratulated Joe Biden on winning the U.S. presidential election after weeks of holding out.

Putin’s message to Biden came a day after the Electoral College confirmed Biden as the nation’s next president, ratifying his November victory in an authoritative state-by-state repudiation of President Donald Trump’s refusal to concede that he had lost.

Russia's Putin congratulates Biden on winning U.S. election (apnews.com)

Still to come aboard the good ship reality:

Bolsanaro (Brazil)

Kim (North Korea)

trump (Mar a Lago)

Obrador (Mexico)

I would expect the first three, but Obrador of Mexico is weirder than I thought. 

5 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Even Putin know when yo concede.

MOSCOW: Russian President Vladimir Putin on Tuesday (Dec 15) congratulated Joe Biden on his victory in the US presidential election, after Biden won the state-by-state Electoral College vote that officially determines the US presidency, the Kremlin said.

Oh you know it is not good when The Boss picks up the phone and has to make that call...it just got real for Dear President.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Still to come aboard the good ship reality:

Bolsanaro (Brazil)

Kim (North Korea)

trump (Mar a Lago)

Obrador (Mexico)

I would expect the first three, but Obrador of Mexico is weirder than I thought. 

Apart from being nearly as adept a fantasist at Trump, Lopez Obrador does have legitimate reasons for saying nothing. Trump still has it in his power to make life difficult for Mexicans for the  next 36 days.

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Apart from being nearly as adept a fantasist at Trump, Lopez Obrador does have legitimate reasons for saying nothing. Trump still has it in his power to make life difficult for Mexicans for the  next 36 days.

Yeah. I thought of that. I hope that's the reason but it was surprising that he had become so allied with Mr Trump. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, OffshoreMig said:

A state's College delegation should be allocated proportionally a candidate's support not Highest vote candidate

get 100% of delegates The US system is really flawed. Not worthy of emulation or respect

Some years ago Republicans tried to get California, the largest electoral college state and usually Democrat, to allocate its electoral college voted based on percentage of votes for each candidate.  Of course they didn't want Texas, the second largest electoral college state and usually Republican, to do the same.

Unless all states do it, there is a strong disincentive for any state to do it.  Getting all states to do it would probably require a Constitutional Amendment, and those aren't easy.