THAI offers to help with transportation of Covid-19 vaccines

webfact

6 hours ago, John Drake said:

Too bad that Thailand bought the less effective vaccine that is not yet ready for distribution. So, Thai's services are not needed at this time.

I wonder if any of the private hospitals will be offering the vaccines that are out now. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ftpjtm said:

I wonder if any of the private hospitals will be offering the vaccines that are out now. 

No chance.

Purchases are only allowed to governments.

No private companies can purchase any vaccine.

It will be 2022 before you will see "private" sales of vaccines I believe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RR2020 said:

No chance.

"No private companies can purchase any vaccine."

Since when did anybody respect the rules/regulations?

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, jaiyen said:

I thought that as THAI are bankrupt that they would be grounded ?

You would think so, especially with a growing 350THB billon debt that is simply unservicable even during normal operating conditions.

It seems normal economic rules cease to apply when it comes to certain organisations that carry vested interests.

Not unique to Thailand however, Glasgow Rangers FC in Scotland diddled the taxman of 90 million Pounds using a fraudulent EBT scheme to pay players they otherwise would not have been able to afford, winning games and honours as a result... effectively cheating, and when the taxman came calling they could not pay the bill so they were liquidated and ceased to exist. However a new company was created, and they tried to perpetuate the myth that the club still kept going, with the Scottish footballing authorities actually trying to get the new club straight back into the top division as if nothing had happened. It wasn't until several other clubs objected they were allowed to start from the bottom tier in Scottish professional football, even then in violation of the actual rules of eligibility; having time served in the amateur leagues, having two years' accounts etc. The money was never paid back and the pretense continues to this day.

This article smacks of a need for Thai to try to remain relevant.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RR2020 said:

No chance.

The Thai military isn't a private enterprise but does engage in commercial businesses by its own admission to Parliament. As it also operates its own air transports, 'opportunity knocks' for vaccines?

18 hours ago, webfact said:

He added that THAI is well prepared for the delivery of vaccines, thanks to its expert staff, vast flying network

...vast flying network? How many routes are they operating today?   

1 hour ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

This article smacks of a need for Thai to try to remain relevant.

My thoughts exactly. They've got nothing else to do anyway. Got to try to justify their continued existence.

4 hours ago, Srikcir said:

THAI's "expert staff" has lost billions of baht annually for almost a decade of operation. As also being state-owned, should that give anyone assurance that it can handle efficient and effective distribution of covid vaccine?

Agree, for three decades at least.

8 hours ago, jaiyen said:

I thought that as THAI are bankrupt that they would be grounded ?

Who on Earth that has all their marbles, is going to allow Thai Airways to transport any Vaccine anywhere.

There is a high risk due to bankruptcy, that they could be grounded at any Airport, or may not be able to settle their Fuel Bills.