Foreigners online slam "ridiculous" booze ban - no drinking from 6pm Saturday to 6pm Sunday

webfact

22 hours ago, Liverpoolfan said:

In my last stock check I counted: 5 litres whiskey, 6 Litres vodka, 3 litres gin, 3 litres rum, 1 litre malibu, 2 bottles baileys and 16 bottles of wine.

What ban are we talking about exactly? ????

only one malibu?

• Thanks 1

One of the many reasons I live here, being well aware of my forever only a "long term guest" status, is that I've no obligation to take any vested interests in any requirement or adherence to random nonsense that was specified for the citizenry. 

An above average sense of humor and frequent circumvention is the key to enjoying yourself in the LOS. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lingba said:

oh zip it already...poor babies can't go 24 hrs without alcohol...geeez....then go to the damn store and buy it ahead of time  <deleted>!

Possibly they are social drinkers who like pubs and restaurants, not sad, lonely alcoholics who drink at home. 

• Like 1

On 12/17/2020 at 9:09 AM, petermik said:

TIT...live with it..:thumbsup:

While I do not agree with the ban and think it is just pure bloody mindedness by the unelected "PM" and his generals, and I also think it is unfair on businesses in these trying times.

• Like 2

On 12/17/2020 at 9:30 AM, KannikaP said:

Quite rite!   

What about businesses trying to survive with no foreign tourists? I do not drink. but surely 24 hrs especially at the weekend without an income must be a hardship for them.

• Like 2

Zoom out enough on forum posts and you see farang complaining that they are not treated like Thai and then complaining because they are. 

It's hard to have it both ways. 

The more we make ourselves a pain the more reason the Thai have to resent us. Trivial inconveniences like this are not worth going to war over. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Myran said:

Holy <deleted>, what a bunch of alcoholic losers. Two days without drinking and they instantly throw a hissy-fit.

The alcoholic losers will buy in advance so they can sit at home, alone as usual. 

20 hours ago, Techno Viking said:

You think this about dieing whilst voting ?

I thought it was an attempt to ensure (hopefully)  people are voting with a clear head.

Democracy is the selecting of incompetent politicians, by uninformed people who should never be allowed to vote in the first place.  Alcohol improves the experience of voting immeasurably, or at the very least, it dulls the senses so that the unwashed herd involved don't care about the end result. The election of Trump 4 years ago was a prime example of this phenomena. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Democracy is the selecting of incompetent politicians, by uninformed people who should never be allowed to vote in the first place.  Alcohol improves the experience of voting immeasurably, or at the very least, it dulls the senses so that the unwashed herd involved don't care about the end result. The election of Trump 4 years ago was a prime example of this phenomena. 

At some stage I will plagiarise the first sentence. 

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

What about businesses trying to survive with no foreign tourists? I do not drink. but surely 24 hrs especially at the weekend without an income must be a hardship for them.

My comment was on the mis-use of the word 'quite' instead of 'quiet', as most other responders noticed.

• Confused 1

On 12/17/2020 at 9:09 AM, petermik said:

TIT...live with it..:thumbsup:

If you're that desperate, we all have a friendly corner shop that doesn't give a toss about such things.  I'm so virtuous that having bought supplies on Saturday, my conscience will be clear when enjoying a glass or four of wine daeng with my roast beef and yorkshires.  

On 12/17/2020 at 9:27 AM, Liverpoolfan said:

In my last stock check I counted: 5 litres whiskey, 6 Litres vodka, 3 litres gin, 3 litres rum, 1 litre malibu, 2 bottles baileys and 16 bottles of wine.

What ban are we talking about exactly? ????

Jump'n be Jesus!...all I got is one tall-boy in the fridge.....can I come over?  ????

• Like 1

On 12/17/2020 at 9:28 AM, Captain_Bob said:

Once again it is either a minor "inconvenience" so what? 24 hours without a drink? Big deal - not. OR it's the principle of it, including the usual Thai hypocrisy and contempt for farang. When it comes to dual pricing (at national parks, for example) treat farang with conspicuous unfair discrimination even those who have lived here for many years, have work permit, legit jobs, Thai families, property, etc. But when it comes to nation-wide booze ban during elections which mean nothing and have nothing to do with farangs, nope the same law applies to everyone, we are all suddenly "equal" ????  

Should hold their phony elections during the week and not on holidays.