BA halts Sydney, Bangkok flights to Oct 2021, axes Kuala Lumpur

webfact

BA halts Sydney, Bangkok flights to Oct 2021, axes Kuala Lumpur

British Airways now won't return to Australian skies until the back end of 2021.

By David Flynn

ba.jpg

British Airways will suspend its London-Sydney flights until at least October 30 2021 in a sweeping 'right-sizing' of the airline's international network.

London-Bangkok flights will also be halted until the end of October, although the daily London-Singapore service will remain open.

However, BA's footprint across Asia will be cut by a third as Kuala Lumpur, Seoul and Osaka are scrapped entirely.

Full story: https://www.executivetraveller.com/news/ba-halts-sydney-bangkok-flights-to-oct-2021-axes-kuala-lumpur

-- Executive Traveller 2020-12-17

I guess it's somewhat of a loss and worry for those of us stuck in the UK, but EVA is more than acceptable to me and have used them for the last 10 years or so. I only used BA recently as they were cheaper for some reason. 

I imagine if the world opens up sooner, BA will change their mind. But that said, if BA stops flights till October, I would suggest that many airlines might follow suit forcing the TAT to amend their figures down mightily next year.

• Like 2

I've not really flown BA as they often are the more expensive airlines and when I have they have by no means been the worst I have flown. I must admit but it really goes against the grain Air France has been my favourite however their stewards some of the worst. I would say to those who are thinking all will be roses in 2021 are greatly mistaken and quite often where BA goes others follow. Sit back and watch as airline after airline cut back flight routes as less and less people fly. Governments have got a taste of heavy handed power over their people and will not let it go and all use people who have enabled this hang your heads in shame. 2021 is going to be the same as 2020 but I have a feeling it's going to be worse and a lot worse.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

They were and are advertising flights to uk out off Bkk and only a few days ago into Bkk . Yet when I was looking for flights in May to uk Ba advertised flights then a few days before cancelled every one and then done it for months . That way they get people’s money to keep them ticking over and just issue people with vouchers to book later dates or alternatives. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

There are those on this site who provide intelligent input, and there are others who..........

Can't read the title of the topic? Have no sense of humour? Are grumpy old <deleted>?

Edited by Salerno
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Can't read the title of the topic? Have no sense of humour? Are grumpy old <deleted>?

Sydney-Bangkok flights in the headline doesn't mention the UK. Maybe the headline writers should have written Sydney-Bangkok-London. Interesting though, isn't it, that BA are still offering daily flights to Singapore but Bangkok isn't worth flying to anymore.

3 hours ago, Salerno said:

How many of you stuck in the UK fly to Thailand via Sydney?

I'm guessing actually reading the content of the article is beyond some people !

"London-Bangkok flights will also be halted until the end of October, although the daily London-Singapore service will remain open."