Thailand reports biggest coronavirus surge, over 500 cases - Samut Sakhon placed in to lockdown

Jonathan Fairfield

14 minutes ago, internationalism said:

Air conditioning might be spreading covid, same as it's known for spreading other viruses and bacteria.

Yes, it spreads viruses, but by doing so, at the same time the concentration of the virus in the air (number of virus contaminated aerosols per volume of inhaled air) gets lower. Additionally, virus containing droplets and aerosols condensate in the AC.

The result is (always statistically) a reduced number of inhaled viruses, which leads to less severe infections. I haven''t seen any publications about that yet, but for reasons of physics, this seems to be logical and could be one explanation about the situation in Thailand.

Edited by Flying Saucage
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

I think this could be the worst news Thailand could have regarding Covid 19.  Samut Sakhon is, as I understand it, a major source of fish and other seafood for the whole country.  I believe hundreds of pick-ups full of fish and prawns etc. leave the area every day - bound for the provinces.

Its good that they have locked the area down but its also clear that many people who've been in contact with infected people will have already travelled all over Thailand.

Good point! That is my opinion also. 

Track and trace is also not effective in Thailand now!

No 7-11 now require log in and log out with Thai Chana or "paper" registration. Big C and Tesco also the same! Only a temperature check, which means nothing if you are asymptomatic?

And it is not only the provinces that the seafood is transported to!

The whole of Bangkok receive their seafood from Samut Sakhon?

How many delivery drivers may have got the virus?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1