Bangkok Covid reaction: Screening at bars/pubs to be stepped up, large public gatherings should be avoided

webfact

22 hours ago, YetAnother said:

never could master the art of beer drinking or eating thru a mask

Make a mask out of cheesecloth might work to strain your food and drink through it ???? 

Edited by ThailandRyan

17 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

The usual xenophobia apart from the original instigator of this catastrophe of course he appears to be thinking it cannot be passed on to Thais ???? 

Why don't they do mandatory testing at all the temples and see how many "dirty NOT a farang" are infected ????

16 hours ago, ourmanflint said:

That's right, 100% focus on migrant workers and let Thai's go about their business as normal because this is spread by migrants only. They really cannot stop themselves from being massive racists can they?

You can't fix stupid...

22 minutes ago, Kraig62 said:

Yep. Certainly seems like it. Here I was thinking we were finally getting to the end of this

It's like I said to a Thai colleague at work, you can't declare victory at half time. Especially when you don't have a plan for the second half. 

Anyway let's hope they can contain this mini wave, I really didn't enjoy that last lockdown.

What amazes me is that no one seems to see that what is needed now is a provisional lock down of the country  until January 3, while the army secures borders and the police and public health authorities investigate and treat the migrant communities. Reopening or extension of the restrictions should then depend on the state of  of the epidemic. 

13 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

What amazes me is that no one seems to see that what is needed now is a provisional lock down of the country  until January 3, while the army secures borders and the police and public health authorities investigate and treat the migrant communities. Reopening or extension of the restrictions should then depend on the state of  of the epidemic. 

I just read in BP that the army says it can't secure 5000 kms plus of land borders they can only try their best.You could hop onto the round about of lockdowns and wait for a virus that brings 95% protection against severe symptoms or rely on the 95% protection against developing severe symptoms that not having a vaccine brings.95% of current infections don't develop severe symptoms which is the same as the protection claimed by some vaccines.Many say how wonderful it is and how clever we are.

Edited by FarFlungFalang

1 hour ago, Boomer6969 said:

Need a dingo fence perhaps!

17 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I just read in BP that the army says it can't secure 5000 kms plus of land borders they can only try their best.You could hop onto the round about of lockdowns and wait for a virus that brings 95% protection against severe symptoms or rely on the 95% protection against developing severe symptoms that not having a vaccine brings.95% of current infections don't develop severe symptoms which is the same as the protection claimed by some vaccines.Many say how wonderful it is and how clever we are.

'the army says it can't secure 5000 kms plus of land borders'

I'm surprised the army would admit something like this.

Firstly, it proves they're incapable of securing the country against any potential invasion.

Secondly, doesn't that usually come under the heading of 'national security'? Obviously only when it suits them to say that.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Firstly, it proves they're incapable of securing the country against any potential invasion.

Secondly, doesn't that usually come under the heading of 'national security'? Obviously only when it suits them to say that.

I'm not sure there's an army anywhere that can secure 5000 kms plus of land borders that's incredible rugged and with difficult access.  A lot of foot paths where migrants cross.

As articles have stated, the smugglers are the big problem.  And their support from various government officials.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I'm sure Thailand is capable of securing their border but not sure if they have the will to use trough expenses to do so and that's not what the trough was intended for!It was a surprise to see the admission and foresee an inactive post being filled shortly.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2020 at 4:15 AM, webfact said:
Bangkok Covid reaction: Screening at bars/pubs to be stepped up, large public gatherings should be avoided

2pm.jpg
Picture: Sanook

Bangkok's governor general Aswin Kwanmuang issued a ten point plan yesterday to prevent the spread of Covid-19 after hundreds tested positive in nearby Samut Sakhon province. 

New Year parties could be cancelled, the movements of migrant workers will come under scrutiny at checkpoints and some schools will be closed for two weeks.

The general public are bound to notice a renewed vigilance regarding the wearing of masks and use of the Thai Chana track and trace application. Some schools given the option to close early for the holidays may do so.

All people have been urged to wear masks when outside at all times. 

Here are the ten points that Gen Aswin stated on his Facebook page after a crisis meeting yesterday:

1. All schools and nurseries in areas next to Samut Sakhon are to be shut from today until January 4th (for many this will mean an extra week's holiday as they would be off for New Year anyway). This applies to Bang Khun Thian, Bang Bon and Nong Khaem areas. Teaching must move online.

2. BMA personnel who travel through or live in Samut Sakhon should work from home. 

3. Large gatherings such as New Year parties and New Year merit making in both the state and private sector are advised to be halted. Permission must be sought for them to go ahead with clear plans in place to restrict the spread of the virus.

4. Migrant workers to be screened at four checkpoints 24 hours a day from yesterday at 6pm. These will be on four roads: Petchkasem, Rama 2, Borommaratchachonnani and Klong Pithayalongkorn. 

5. Public urged to use parks for exercise but not to gather in large groups.

6. Testing to be ramped up among 100% of migrant workers at 472 markets and traders with connections to Samut Sakhon.

7. Migrant workers at construction camps to be checked 100%.

8. Cooperation sought to restrict migrant workers attending religious locations until the situation abates.

9. Migrant children to be screened at schools. 

10. Restaurants, hotels, pubs, clubs, karaoke and department stores to employ strict 100% screening insisting on masks, social distancing and spaces between tables. Dancing to be discouraged at clubs. 

In general all people are asked to wear masks when outside and QR scan Thai Chana app or write details on sheets provided so that contact tracing can be facilitated.  

Meanwhile some other Thai schools in Bangkok given the option to close are shutting early for the New Year holidays, notes Thaivisa. 

Most international schools are already shut. 

Source: Sanook

in this article...tge racist leaders say

test migrant kids migrant workers migrants,,.

ohh i firget tge perfection of the evolution must not be tested  they resillient