PHOTOS: Here’s what Pattaya looks like when there is an alcohol ban

webfact

Governments that do not run their country on a secular basis need to realise the economic impact their decision have on the economy of the country there are examples all over the world. I do realise that this alcohol ban was due to other political desires but when all the closures over a year are taken into account many workers miss out on the income no matter how meagre that may be effecting the entire community. Time for a rethink.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

In the UK voting stops at 10pm. Cannot see any reason why they could not have opened up after voting finished since its a night life venue anyway

Votes finished at 6 PM , but they count the votes in public at the polling stations with people/police

observing 

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

In the UK voting stops at 10pm. Cannot see any reason why they could not have opened up after voting finished since its a night life venue anyway

Why do you make sensible suggestions?????

Edited by Gandtee
punctuation

8 hours ago, webfact said:

With Thailand jittery from a Covid-19 outbreak in Samut Sakhon the outlook for the Christmas and New Year holidays looks bleak

I think many will party at home this year, save on travel money [and fear of infection] and spend the money on food & booze at home.

I will, stocked up already.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Just hope we dont have another lock down, 

A lock down I can cope with, I just don't see any reason to ban alcohol sales like they did last time, the Mrs will be going out tomorrow to do a modest inventory uptick by a couple of cases of beer, a couple of large bottles of Gin & a modest amount of wine, I'll stay at home as long as they want, I just want to be able to enjoy a drink or 2 while watching a movie or TV series or 2, is that too much to ask ??

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Voting in Thailand closes at 3pm, so in reality the ban until 6 has nothing to do with the elections. It's just another way of exercising control.

Why do the press keep on about poor old Pattaya ? There are 1000's of towns all over the world that are having the same problem without tourists. The big difference is that most of the other places are worth visiting, not so Pattaya !!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Bangkok Post said Bangkok and Pattaya had no elections and the bars could open??? They were all open in Bangkok?

I read the same in a number of places.

Ban in all provinces except Bangkok and Pattaya.

Edited by Tropicalevo