E-cigarettes: Top model and girlfriend of "hi-so" under investigation after major bust

webfact

E-cigarettes: Top model and girlfriend of "hi-so" under investigation after major bust

7pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Daily News reported on the fallout from a major bust of an online E-cigarette business. 

Some 50,000 bottles of vaping fluid, gallons of other fluid, 1,500 smoking devices and associated equipment was seized. It was all worth 10 million baht and was being sold online. 

Four people have so far been arrested.

Now 20 models and pretties (PR women) are being investigated along with investors and others behind the operation. 

The women will face prosecution for promoting the products after the probe has been completed. 

Daily News reported - without naming names - that one of the women is a top magazine model who is a girlfriend of a "hi-so" society figure who is also under investigation for being part of the illegal operation. 

The case involves the production of vaping fluid for which very severe prison sentences can be given. 

The women promoting the products would also face sanction under advertising laws. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-12-21

• Like 1
  • Sad 5
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Spatiumus said:

The OP did not say that they were "making and selling their own bootleg vaping fluid" which is what I queried.

I'll go with production of being the same as making.

Maybe they are both qualified chemists

Not saying they are, just askin'

Your answer is a bit like a lawyers response.

Is this good for you?

Lawyers answer  No-one has said it's bad for you.

Edited by overherebc

2 minutes ago, overherebc said:

I would reckon qualified chemists could tell you what is produced when you heat a mixture of different chenicals.

What chemicals would that be?

Edited by Salerno

32 minutes ago, GeorgeCross said:

where do you think the "legit" stuff is produced? Pfizer's Bio4 lab? :cheesy:

Very funny. Believe it or not the production and sale of vaping liquid is regulated in the western world by the FDA in the US, the MHRA TPD (Tobacco Products Directive) in the UK and the EU. I doubt very much whether the vaping liquid manufactured in the OP that I referred to is regulated in any way.

Does anyone know if this e-cigarette shop at the Central Pattaya Road got close in the meantime? Pattaya seems to be more relaxed. I also saw a lot of Shisha smoking in open air bars in Central Pattaya. A sex AND smokers paradise this city.