Dozens of developers to join visa-for-property scheme: TPC

snoop1130

38 minutes ago, isaantom said:

May be condos with a price of 10 millions?

Yeah, something lost there.

Hoping to sell 3000 visas next year and sell 10 million condos with free visa, doesn't pass the smell test even with rose colored glasses........

It was in the news, and in the news forum on Thaivisa only 2 weeks ago, that the free elite card is for condo's with a value of 10 million baht.

So I wonder why now everyone is questioning the OP, as it clearly some error in the article, and you all know very well about it.

• Like 1

Well put

1 hour ago, timendres said:

You, Sir, are exactly right. So many times people have told me I am "wasting my money" on rent. But in the 11 years I have lived in Bangkok, I have had the chance to live in 5 different locations, each with its own unique character. I love exploring the new locations, with fresh shops and restaurants and people. Having the ability to move your 800k to another more inviting country also provides some peace of mind while watching the ever changing landscape.

Were I in my 30's, then, yes, I might be more concerned about building equity in a property. But at my age, death follows me like a shadow. I value flexibility much more than the investment potential.

well put

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Susco said:

It was in the news, and in the news forum on Thaivisa only 2 weeks ago, that the free elite card is for condo's with a value of 10 million baht.

So I wonder why now everyone is questioning the OP, as it clearly some error in the article, and you all know very well about it.

Just 3 days ago in the news and on the forum, there was a proposal regarding giving people a 5 year elite visa for 3-5 million baht condo purchases, a 10 year elite visa for 5-10 million baht condos and permanent residency for 10 million baht+ condos.

“Under current rules, foreigners must spend at least Bt10 million on property to be eligible for a residency visa.

However, under the proposed three-tier visa system, foreign purchasers of condos worth Bt3 million-Bt5 million would get a five-year visa.

Meanwhile buyers of Bt5 million-Bt10 million condos would get 10-year visas, and those who bought condos for more than Bt10 million would be granted permanent residency.”

There's already a so-called investment visa for 10 million baht (condo, state bond, or just money at the bank) and this one is good as long as you keep the investment in Thailand.

So why would someone settle for an inferior scheme offering only a 5-year visa?

• Like 2